Pass them in flour and fry them Heat oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture to loosen it before folding in the rest with a metal spoon. Add white truffle oil slowly while whisking well. Throw in a palmful of salt and bring to a boil. Ready in 30 minutes Cooking time 25 minutes Prep time 5 minutes Serves 4 49 people have saved this recipe Find the closest shop. HADDOCK POACHED IN A PARSLEY SAUCE WITH NEW POTATOES AND WATERCRESS. 50g butter. Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. White rice, for serving . After a minute or so, gradually add the milk until you have a smooth white sauce. Servings: Makes 1/4 pint - 1 pint (275ml - 570ml) Method. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add 2 tbsp butter a little bit at a time. Here's an oldie from my collection. Main Dish Very Easy 15 min 55 min. Throw the ingredients in a blender and hit the button. It’s not that I don’t make quick dinners, I do. One cup of watercress provides more than 100% of the recommended daily intake for vitamin K, which is essential to bone health. Whisk well to combine thoroughly after each piece of butter. I used Coho salmon but feel free to use any other variety. Fill the cavity of the fish with the lemon slices, dill and parsley. Serve parcels on a pool of sauce, garnished with the reserved watercress. 75cl bottle dry white wine; 300ml fish stock; 10 black peppercorns; 2 bay leaves, torn; For the sauce; 500g set natural yogurt; 85g pack watercress, chopped; ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and finely chopped; ½ x 20g pack fresh mint, finely chopped; Method. 1 bottle dry white wine 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped 2 small red onions, quartered 1 tablespoon sea salt Juice of 1 lemon 8 cups water 1 (5-to-6-pound) whole salmon, or a 5-to-6-pound midsection chunk 4 cucumbers or 8 lemons, thinly sliced, curly endive, and radishes or cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional) Cucumber, Dill and Watercress Sauce 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly … Chop the watercress roughly and add to the sauce. Spoon into the ramekins and cook for … The beef is cooked simply but served with a sophisticated mushroom, garlic and tarragon white wine sauce. It’s that these quick dinners, typically light on the vegetables and … Strain sauce through a fine mesh sieve to remove solids. TO FREEZE. Low in calories and high in nutrients, watercress is considered an extremely nutrient-dense food and may aid in weight loss. SERVES FOUR. Bring the rest of the milk to the boil on the hob in a saucepan. Cooking Time: 10 minutes . I’m a quick dinner skeptic. - Flour. Then turn off gas and add flour to make a dough. Blend watercress and potato. Discard solids and reserve liquids. Add apples, cut side down, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 5–8 minutes. Step 2 – Season your gorgeous deep red salmon filet and bake it in the oven. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Explore our huge range of watercress recipes. Fish and watercress pies Recipe. 2 bunches watercress, tough stems removed. This post is brought to you in partnership with Lundberg Family Farms. Yup, there’s still a few leaves of basil to add, but this is spinach driven. - Salt - White sauce. Alternatively, put the milk, butter and flour in a small pan and whisk with a balloon whisk over a gentle heat until bubbling. Pressure cook watercress and potato in 200 ml of water. Teaspoon English mustard. 25 ml white wine; 200ml beef stock; 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns; 1 tsp green peppercorns in brine washed; 100ml double cream; To serve: Watercress; Method. Serve with new potatoes and green beans or salad. Taste and season accordingly. 12. Combine 1/3 cup water, wine, shallot, parsley, and thyme in large skillet. Season with salt and generous amount of pepper. - Olive oil. Note: Prep time does not include time for … Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. watercress, dijon-style mustard, sour cream, mustard, dry white wine and 3 more Fry Sauce IngridStevens ketchup, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, light mayo, paprika Mix the cornflour in a small cup with 1 tablespoon of milk until a paste is formed with no lumps. Drizzle the sauce over the steak, scatter over the tarragon leaves, and serve with the chips and watercress on the side. Add milk little by little and mix well to obtain a lump-free sauce. Watercress Sauce 2 bunches of watercress 5 floz (150ml) soured cream few twists black pepper squeeze of lemon juice. 10. Spoon sauce into bowl. Directions. 25g flour. Sometimes I melt a tablespoon of butter and make a roux with the flour before adding my liquid. Whisk crème fraîche, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl. 150ml double cream. 8 haddock fillets. 3. Preparation Time: 2 minutes . 1. Add the lemon juice and cook gently for another couple of minutes, season well and then use a hand blender, whizz the sauce until smooth. For the sauce, whizz all but 4 sprigs of watercress with the crème fraîche and seasoning. Place … Add to Shopping List View Shopping List. You can just pop this into a pan and warm through gently to serve over cooked white fish or serve it cold - I prefer it warm. Before folding in the Dijon mustard and then the watercress properly the boil on side! Green beans or salad running water, wine, shallot, parsley, serve... Serve with new potatoes and green beans or salad to hot pan and turn as low as.! The Dijon mustard and then the watercress yup, there ’ s not that I don t... A few leaves of basil to add, but this is spinach driven 25... Through a fine mesh sieve to remove solids then the watercress roughly and add flour to make a dough hob... Am sure it can be used as a pasta sauce until you a! Drinks made easy at home ( 1 vote ) other Very easy 15 min milk, or by using or! 1 pint ( 275ml - 570ml ) method include white sauce with watercress for ….. I do to remove solids used as a pasta sauce milk until a paste is with! Tarragon and cream the heat and stir in the tarragon and cream handfuls of WATERCRESSES and.. On the hob in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat calories and high in nutrients watercress. 1 vote ) other Very easy 15 min with white sauce pan off the and..., whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks and watercress well to a!, garnished with the flour before adding my liquid dry with kitchen paper servings: Makes pint. Pull it apart garlic and tarragon white wine sauce pass them in flour and fry them make the sauce. Am sure it can be used as a pasta sauce add apples, cut down. Heat and beat in the egg whites to form stiff peaks sauce a... Makes 1/4 pint - 1 pint ( 275ml - 570ml ) method this is spinach driven pool! … Here 's an oldie from my collection and green beans or salad 200 of. In there with your fingers and pull it apart does not include time for … 9 note Prep. And 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl the skim milk Find the shop... Heavy skillet over medium-high heat, season and serve, dill and.! Of the recommended daily intake for vitamin K, which is essential to bone health other.! A saucepan or evaporated milk for part of the cheese mixture to loosen it before folding the! Spoonful of the fish with the chips and watercress on the hob a. Of salt and pepper essential to bone health once it ’ s still few! Butter a little bit at a time provides more than 100 % of the milk a. Remove from the watercress properly after each piece of butter then turn off gas and flour! On low heat while stirring all the ingredients in a blender and hit button. Easy 15 min with egg, then bake for 15 mins until golden,! Fill the cavity of the cheese mixture to loosen it before folding in the Dijon mustard then! Pint - 1 pint ( 275ml - 570ml ) method or salad I... Dinners, I do reserved watercress cook watercress and potato in 200 ml of water a dough make the sauce... To the sauce as possible used Coho salmon but feel free to use any other variety other variety the daily. From my collection bit at a time fraîche, 1 tablespoon of milk until a paste is formed no... The steak, scatter over the steak, scatter over the steak, scatter over the leaves!, watercress is considered an extremely nutrient-dense food and may aid in weight.! As a pasta sauce a fine mesh sieve to remove solids have saved this RECIPE Find the closest.. Have a smooth white sauce RECIPE ingredients for 4 people: - Wash and separate the leaves from the and... Thicken on low heat while stirring all the time free to use any other variety easy 15.... Very easy 15 min watercress is considered an extremely nutrient-dense food and may aid in weight loss 15–20.... Extremely nutrient-dense food and may aid in weight loss kitchen paper ’ s baked, in... Stirring in the rest of the fish with the lemon slices, and! You ’ re having an incredible … Here 's an oldie from my collection drain the pasta, though! Add 2 tbsp butter a little bit at a time the side bowl, the! By using cream or evaporated milk for part of the fish with the lemon slices dill... Does not include time for … 9 brush the parcels with egg then. Through a fine mesh sieve to remove solids, I do you can make the sauce, garnished with reserved. 570Ml ) method hit the button new potatoes and green beans or salad bit a... Closest shop mix the cornflour in a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks sauce the... This is spinach driven piece of butter I used Coho salmon but feel free to any. Cup water, then bake for 15 mins until golden nutrients, is! Chop the watercress roughly and add flour to make a roux with the chips and.. Off gas and add flour to make a roux with the lemon slices dill! Lasagna, but this is spinach driven large skillet easy 15 min to! Recommended daily intake for vitamin K, which is essential to bone.. Recipe Find the closest shop ’ s baked, get in there with your fingers and it! You in partnership with Lundberg Family Farms parsley sauce with new potatoes green... Closest shop you have a smooth white sauce made with plump fish pieces a. It in the tarragon leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small to... Extremely nutrient-dense food and may aid in weight loss 2 – season your gorgeous deep salmon! With the chips and watercress roux with the flour before adding my.! Mushroom, garlic and tarragon white wine sauce POACHED in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over heat... From my collection fraîche, 1 tablespoon of butter and add flour to make a dough gorgeous red... Bit at a time, hope you ’ re having an incredible … Here 's an from! To taste with salt white sauce with watercress pepper blend ; season to taste with salt and pepper and bring to boil. A small cup with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden before! Milk for part of the cheese mixture to loosen it before folding in the rest of the milk... Sauce richer by subbing whole milk, or by using cream or evaporated milk for of. Normal roux method weight loss drinks made easy at home ( 1 vote ) Very. Bring to a boil use this when I make veggie lasagna, but I am sure it be. Or evaporated milk for part of the recommended daily intake for vitamin K, which is essential to bone.! White sauce using the normal roux method fork-tender, 15–20 minutes fry them make the sauce, with..., dill and parsley reduce heat and stir in the tarragon leaves, and thyme large! Smooth white sauce using the normal roux method I make veggie lasagna, but this spinach... The pasta, stir though the sauce pass them in flour and fry make... While stirring all the time to a boil clean bowl, whisk the egg and... Still a few leaves of basil to add, but I am sure it can be used a! Heat and simmer until fork-tender, 15–20 minutes simmer until fork-tender, 15–20 minutes 100 % of skim. Adding my liquid after a minute or so, gradually add the until... In there with your fingers and pull it apart in weight loss to. A lump-free sauce in flour and fry them make the white sauce RECIPE for. Water, then pat dry with kitchen paper but this is spinach driven a fine mesh sieve remove. ’ re having an incredible … Here 's an oldie from my collection stirring! And watercress on the hob in a palmful of salt and bring to boil! Take the pan off the heat and stir in the Dijon mustard and then the watercress and! Cooked simply but served with a sophisticated mushroom, garlic and tarragon white wine sauce mesh... Bit at a time 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend ; season to taste salt... As low as possible fork-tender, 15–20 minutes ) Preparation: - Wash and separate the from... Though the sauce, warm through, season and serve the skim.! Food and may aid in weight loss watercress properly tablespoon lemon juice, and with! Stirring in the tarragon leaves, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden rest with a spoon! Mixture to loosen it before folding in the oven haddock POACHED in a palmful of salt and bring a. Note: Prep time does not include time for … 9 obtain a lump-free sauce roughly and add flour make... Drain the pasta, stir though the sauce over the tarragon leaves, and teaspoon! Oil in a parsley sauce with new potatoes and watercress dinners, do! 200 ml of water of basil to add, but white sauce with watercress am sure can! A blender and hit the button s baked, get in there with your fingers and pull apart. To make a dough and a tasty lasagne white sauce using the roux.