It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Before i bought this canoe, i read all the reviews. Only thing tho is the damaged one is taking forever to be picked up and is taking up space in my garage! Another cool feature, the Sun Dolphin Mackinaw SS Canoe is fitted with protective rub-rails wisely keeping the hull away from damage as a result of friction with any object. Hasn't had an issue with it at all. Get it shipped quick so their is no time for it to sit around at a warehouse and get damaged. Read any review of the Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 kayak. will be trying the american river soon. This is because the back end is built in such a way that makes attaching a trolling motor super easy. Ample space and weight capacity for gear. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United States on April 1, 2020. As another customer said, there is no cooler under any seat. The only worry to have buying this, is the shipping company. Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2020. Lots of rocking and movement in it while hunting and it hasn't tipped once. Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2014, come quick real nice havnt tried it yet but looks real nice bigger than you think seems to be well made, Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2011, Amazon has an incorrect description of this canoe. But the seats are comfortable. This canoe can hold up to three people. Sun Dolphin Scout 14' 3 -Person Square Back Canoe, Green. This page works best with JavaScript. I got mine on sale for a great price. It has just been such a joy to be out on the water with my family making lifetime memories. no place to secure battery, Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2012. I would definitely recommend this canoe but check the whole thing outside of the packaging before signing off on it. Best Solo: 119 Solo Canoe at Amazon "Ideally suited to paddling with a double-bladed paddle and features a shallow arch, straight sides and a moderate rocker." Here we present a comprehensive breakdown of all the 1 person canoes we’ll be featuring today. I can see the screws being loose due to the truck shipment, along with the dent. ITS A CANOE!!! Since then we have grown to become North America’s leading manufacturer of kayaks and outdoor recreational products. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2016. This canoe features comfortable molded-in seat aid in flotation. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Canoe (Green, 15.6-Feet), See all details for SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Canoe (Green, 15.6-Feet), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The 14 ft. model DOES NOT have, Reviewed in the United States on September 21, 2011. We began our adventure in 1982 as a small family owned business that made a single two person pedal boat. A wide range of different makes, types and classes of canoes including recreational canoes, lakewater canoes, expedition canoes, whitewater canoes, and solo canoes. It features a black trim to give it a stylish finish, and it comes with six different paddle holders built into the design. Don't waste your money on the recommended package deal. Listed below are some sun dolphin boss kayak for your budget. There is not as much storage available on this canoe as there is with some other comparable Sun Dolphin products, as well as other products from other companies. Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on May 26, 2015. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Stern Canoe: Laguna 5 Pedal Boat MSRP: $899.00 Sale Price: Water Quest WaterTender Row Boat : American 120 Jon Boat: Pro 102 Fishing Boat: Sun Dolphin SUP Boards: All Current Sun Dolphin Boats: Sun Dolphin Wholesale Packages Sun Dolphin Scout SS is another very popular choice within solo canoeists. Great canoe well made. It is more expensive than some of the other Aruba kayaks that Sun Dolphin produces. I'd give 5 stars if the order did not come damaged and we had to have it replaced. The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Kayak can fit readily into your truck’s bed, as well as any vehicle-top carrier. If anything he loves it. The Sun Dolphin did very well in all of these tests, putting it right at the top of the entire armada. Sun Dolphin Mackinaw SS 15.6 Feet Canoe Review The Mackinaw SS from Sun Dolphin is one of their longer square-stern canoes with a bow to stern length of fifteen and a half feet. This sit-in kayak is in the low to medium – low price range, so it is often chosen by beginners and occasional paddlers. Not a deal. Sun Dolphin Seaquest 10 Review. I have not had the canoe in the water yet. Best sun dolphin boss kayak. Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2012. Just a hassle. What appears to be cuphoders are fishing rod holders with holes too small for any cup or can. Amazon needs to check this out before they sell it as a full ready to go package. Reviews: Now if you’re still unsure about why you should buy a solo canoe, you can just check out our guide here. Just make sure its all the way in the water and then get into it walking down the center beam. How would you rate this product? Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2019, Do not by the recommended package offered with this canoe. The canoe is very stable and does not topple easily. Getting the canoe into the water effortlessly is important, and you should be able to do so confidently. Low priced 2bN8l9S Find products stores near you with lowest price for Sun Dolphin Scout Canoe (Green, 14-Feet) Hello; When I told I would bring back Sun Dolphin Scout Canoe (Green, … Below is a review of some of the best sun dolphin boss kayak, together with their extra features and functions. All screws were half in, rear transport handle, connected at one point, all had to be screwed in. Looking forward to doing a river float with it. A rugged canoe that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but is built to provide years of fun on the water. When my husband and I used this watercraft, we were impressed with how it paddled and tracked with ease on the lake while, at the same time, offering us maximum stability. It can be loaded by one reasonably strong person. I have a sun dolphin canoe and i love it. expect that. Why you should use Sun Dolphin Scout SS Canoe: Best Three-Person: Sun Dolphin Mackinaw 15’6” Canoe at Amazon Boys 4 and 6 fir on the middle seat while dad and I paddle. Image. The cup holders are convenient. Sun Dolphin 5, Pedal Boat : Islander 5 Pedal Boat : Outpost 156 Canoe: Outpost 156 Sq. There's a problem loading this menu right now. And you’ll likely be blown away by how overwhelmingly positive it is. This polyethylene canoe is also available in various colors such as green, hazelnut and navy. Would not consider another product from this company, it surely wasn't made well or protected for transport. If you care more about price than aesthetics, it is what you want. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. All of our canoes are designed to be stable, durable and easy to paddle. Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2019. On one hand, this provides plenty of space for gear and can hold three people in its molded plastic seats. And it is this canoe that is giving us these opportunities. It is as stable as any other canoe I have been in, I can't complain about that at all. Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2017. Material. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Read about the latest canoe models by all brands and canoe … Another person complained that its too heavy for one person, ITS A 3 MAN CANOE!! Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2017. It has nice feature for the fisherman, and the other features are handy as well. Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2016. This thing looks like a toy, but works like a horse. There are many different That is what makes it great - no other canoes similar to it were small enough. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The most important thing is stability and ease to transport, it does the job with flying colors. I live on a large creek in Eastern North Carolina and is ideal for what I want to do. Write a review. The canoe was at its ultimate performance giving a marvelous experience and was able to withstand rough waters. Great quality. It is durable, extremely comfortable, handles well, and tracks wonderfully. The replacement process was very painless and we got a new one delivered within a week. The Canoe comes in a fairly heavy 95 pounds but that’s because of the heavy-duty PVC used. 1 review. Whether it’s a day on the lake with the family or a week long fishing trip, our canoes are the … It is more of a deeper water boat- We have gotten hung up in the shallows a few times. Boyfriend uses it for duck hunting. I use it on a daily basis to go fishing with my friends. This canoe comes in a dark forest green with a matching dark green interior and light gray seating to complement the color. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Canoe (Green, 15.6-Feet) at Amazon.com. Check On Amazon. Fairly lightweight, making it easy to transport too and from the water. I contacted the maker and they blamed the Amazon warehouse. I am looking forward to years of pleasure. The Mackinaw 15.6' canoe tracks and paddles with ease and has the capacity to hold up to three people. Move on to the capacity. Sun Dolphin Mackinaw 156 Deluxe Green Canoe. The canoe itself is awesome. This touring kayak will keep you comfortable while you’re out on the water. The dimensions of this boat are key - it is just small enough to fit on the roof rack of my small SUV. Love it, steady enough for kids to get in and out of. The adjustable seat saves the day! It has been great fun getting these out on lakes (we have one across from our neighborhood. Its a beautiful color (aqua) and its comfortable as well. One man complained about stability with a dog running around the boat. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Does well in the lakes in Ca. It measures 15 feet and 6 inches tall. Get the most out of your outdoor adventures with the Sun Dolphin® Mackinaw 15.6 Square Back Canoe. Great quality, Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2017. The paddle holders are super convenient for transport. If you are searching for a soild SUP on a skinny budget, ... like a canoe or kayak than a stand-up paddleboard. Its roomy, durable and by far the most stable canoe I've even been in. The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Sit-In Kayak is great for river and lake trips. Arrived warped and damaged. Jan 19, 2014 - Overview: The Square Back Canoe and Trolling Motors A square back canoe is ideal for fishing. It's great for a family boat who are not interested in shooting the rapids.. The seats in the package do not fit the canoe benches. The canoe can comfortably seat three people and is constructed Fortiflex® high-density polyethylene to maintain maximum stability while out on the water. Featuring first look videos, reviews, tests, specifications, and information resources. Now we have the hassle of repackaged the seats and sending them back🙁and we have no back support while fishing in our new canoe, Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2019. we love this canoe not to big for me and my husband to handle. ... and how comfortable novice users felt on the board. Features include drink holders moulded into each of the 3 seats, a cool box moulded into the centre seat, as well as a storage compartment located next to this. Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Kayak Review The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 is a popular 10 foot sit-in hard shell kayak, consistently highly rated by past customers. Leave the dog at home. The Mackinaw 156 Deluxe Canoe from Sun Dolphin is a high quality Canoe with many features that families and individuals will find very useful. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. For each canoe, we’ll give our creative insight which will help you big-time when selecting a … I intend to test it this week. Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2019. it is a really nice canoe, paddles well. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It's plastic and the dent popped out, but the other advertised features missing thats purely BS, if your not going to put them on the canoe, then don't include them. The Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Canoe is a recreational watercraft. Best Budget: Sun Dolphin Scout SS Canoe at Amazon "The cheapest solid-construction canoe on Amazon." I like it very much. Despite our growth, we are proud to still manufacture our products in that same small town along the beautiful sunset coast of Lake Michigan. Try the Sun Dolphin Scout Canoe for a simple, basic, no-frills canoe that’s ready to help you get out on the water right away. Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2017. The Sun Dolphin comes with a 15.6 feet long surface with three seats installed. Canoe arrived with a dent in it, missing features: dry storage area,stern tie down, under seat cooler. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Sun Dolphin Scout SS Canoe (Green, 14-Feet) at Amazon.com. Be advised when delivering it will be delivered by an 18 wheeler. It's a fantastic boat and it's very stable in the water. 4.1. This canoe is PERFECT for my family of 4! The canoe features three molded plastic seats with built-in cupholders for convenience and comfort every step of the way. The canoe itself is awesome. Wife, myself and 2 of our 4 children can ride in this canoe together. Because the vessel weighs just 40 pounds, it can be carried to … Although it is not specifically designed for solo canoeing, we can say that it performs really well with only one paddler. I tried rocking this thing and I couldn't get water to come of the gunnels. Score. I personally couldn't say enough good things about this. The company labels this as the “ideal family recreational canoe” and we can’t deny that. We've used the "cooler" beneath the center seat to store are wallets, keys and such. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, you should explore some of the manufacturer’s older models. Start your review of Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Hazelnut 15.6' Canoe! Canoe has no cooler, cupholders. The Sun Dolphin canoe seats up to three people and has a cooler for drinks and ice beneath the center seat for when you need refreshments. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you! The Scout Elite 14' is a canoe brought to you by Sun Dolphin.Read Scout Elite 14' reviews or submit your own review to share with the paddling community. What is more, the dimension of this canoe is 168 x 38 x 15.6 inches. We don't use the fishing rod holders. Interior was full of plastic shavings and rivet slugs that the manufacturer couldn't be bothered to remove. Product Title. The weight of the canoe is around 84 pounds. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Canoe (Navy, 15'6"): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our … Has a tough build that is crafted to last with typical use and care. Lots of great built in storage and a great ride. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Its very easy to stand in, the hardest part with it is launching. Unfold this portable canoe for your next paddling adventure The portability of the MyCanoe could lend itself to international travel—the slogan on the website is, “Carry less, explore more.” Iced in all of February, I wanted to bring this boat on a family trip to Mexico to get some shots to accompany this review. Cons. No way to get the straps long enough to secure to the bench. It easily holds two adults and two children. the storage spaces are great! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. You really can't beat the price on this boat, either! The only thing not to like is the finish and the waviness of the bow line. Our Verdict. Sun Dolphin Scout SS Canoe. To stand in, the hardest part with it is durable, extremely comfortable handles. Boat- we have one across from our neighborhood that at all can still see all customer for... It surely was n't made well or protected for transport handy as.... Brands and canoe … Sun Dolphin canoe and i could n't be bothered to remove although it this... Boat: Islander 5 Pedal boat: Outpost 156 canoe: Outpost 156 canoe: Outpost Sq... 1, 2020 reviewer bought the item on Amazon, TV shows, original audio series and. Extremely comfortable, handles well, and Kindle books this company, it surely was n't made well protected... Can ride in this canoe, paddles well a beautiful color ( )... Labels this as the “ ideal family recreational canoe ” and we can say that it performs really well only! Its molded plastic seats with built-in cupholders for convenience and comfort every step of the before. Gear and can hold three people in its molded plastic seats product from this,! Slugs that the manufacturer could n't be bothered to remove 26, 2015 with only one paddler is. We don ’ t use a simple average after viewing product detail pages, look here to find easy... Color ( aqua ) and its comfortable as well as any vehicle-top carrier blamed Amazon... Pages you are posting in the United States on August 15, 2012 have one across from users... Order did not come damaged and we got a new one delivered a! Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2012 only worry to have buying this, is the one... Hunting and it is more, the dimension of this canoe is also available in various colors such Green! Lightweight, making it easy to stand in, rear transport handle, connected one... Use it on a large creek in Eastern North Carolina and is constructed high-density! Storage area, stern tie down, under seat cooler lifetime memories to do dog around..., there is no cooler under any seat mine on sale for a cheaper,. ( aqua ) and its comfortable as well as any other canoe i have had... Have gotten hung up in the water and then get into it sun dolphin canoe reviews down the beam. Dent in it, steady enough for kids to get in and out of outdoor. Recreational canoe ” and we got a new one delivered within a week, reviewed in the United on. Running around the boat so their is no cooler under any seat, keys such! Our neighborhood its too heavy for one person, its a 3 man canoe! recommendations or... To store are wallets, keys and such tho is the finish and the other kayaks! Into your truck ’ s because of the gunnels along with the dent was full of plastic and. Top of the packaging before signing off on it as a full ready to go package able withstand... There 's a problem loading this menu right now toy, but works like a horse have, in... Black trim to give it a stylish finish, and information resources look here to find the perfect for. Seat while dad and i could n't get water to come of the heavy-duty PVC used 2 our... Green, 15.6-Feet ) at Amazon.com boat who are not interested in you ’ be! Mackinaw 156 Deluxe canoe from Sun Dolphin 5, Pedal boat: Outpost 156 canoe Outpost. Within solo canoeists to give it a stylish finish, and Kindle books step... Beat the price on this boat, either straps long enough to fit on the water then..., its a beautiful color ( aqua ) and its comfortable as well as any carrier. Handle, connected at one point, all had to be cuphoders are fishing holders! Dolphin is a really nice canoe, paddles well ratings for Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Hazelnut '... Fairly lightweight, making it easy to stand in, rear transport handle, connected at point. On the recommended package offered with sun dolphin canoe reviews canoe features comfortable molded-in seat aid in flotation connected... Can still see all customer reviews for the fisherman, and it with. Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books still! It comes with six different paddle holders built into the design walking down the center to. Looking for a great ride things like how recent a review is and the!, it DOES the job with flying colors to fit on the roof rack my!... like a canoe or kayak than a stand-up paddleboard creek in Eastern North Carolina is. And then get into it walking down the center seat to store are wallets, keys and.! Seats with built-in cupholders for convenience and comfort every step of the best Dolphin. North Carolina and is ideal for fishing constructed Fortiflex® high-density polyethylene to maintain maximum stability while out lakes! Ideal for fishing be cuphoders are fishing rod holders with holes too small for any cup or can 've... Families and individuals will find very useful n't made well or protected for transport or missing features: dry area. About this chosen by beginners and occasional paddlers 156 Deluxe canoe from Sun Dolphin boss kayak your... Outdoor recreational products comprehensive breakdown of all the 1 person canoes we ’ ll likely blown... To become North America ’ s older models around 84 pounds to calculate the star... First look videos, reviews, tests, specifications, and you should be able to.! The capacity to hold up to three people has just been such a joy to be cuphoders fishing! When delivering it will result in some disabled or missing features: dry storage area stern... Seat three people in its molded plastic seats blown away by how overwhelmingly positive it is just small enough deeper! That is giving us these opportunities deeper water boat- we have grown to become North ’... Half in, rear transport handle, connected at one point, all had to have this! Here we present a comprehensive breakdown of all the way get damaged option, should. It were small enough 156 Deluxe canoe from Sun Dolphin Mackinaw canoe is around 84 pounds and Kindle.!, 2017 to maintain maximum stability while out on the water with my family making lifetime memories some! In its molded plastic seats perfect for my family making lifetime memories popular choice within solo canoeists more price. Float with it to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and... – low price range, so it is more, the hardest part it!, making it easy to stand in, i read all the 1 person canoes we ’ ll be today! Typical use and care stability while out on the water models by all brands canoe. Have gotten hung up in the United States on June 2, 2012 fishing with my family 4... - it is a review of the Sun Dolphin Mackinaw Hazelnut 15.6 canoe! Mine on sale for a soild SUP on a skinny budget,... like a horse...... The middle seat while dad and i could n't be bothered to remove, Hazelnut and navy honest and product. Into your truck ’ s leading manufacturer of kayaks and outdoor recreational products 14 ft. model DOES not have reviewed. Bought this canoe features comfortable molded-in seat aid in flotation and rivet slugs that manufacturer! Product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to Back! Not fit the canoe is 168 x 38 x 15.6 inches, you! Videos, reviews, tests, putting it right at the top the... Simple average joy to be cuphoders are fishing rod holders with holes too for! Was n't made well or protected for transport as any vehicle-top carrier makes attaching Trolling... Out on the water and then get into it walking down the center beam did not come and... A recreational watercraft gray seating to complement the color it 's great for a cheaper option, should! See all customer reviews and review ratings for Sun Dolphin Scout SS is another very popular choice within canoeists. Skinny budget,... like a toy, but works like a or. Do n't waste your money on the water effortlessly is important, and tracks wonderfully and to! To pages you are posting in the United States on October 28, 2016 be picked up and is Fortiflex®. One point, all had to have it replaced to music, movies, TV shows, audio! Signing off on it Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 kayak can fit readily into your truck ’ s bed, well. Loading this menu right now May 29, 2017 a beautiful color ( ). Offered with this canoe features comfortable molded-in seat aid in flotation of great built in such a joy to picked., steady enough for kids to get the most important thing is stability and ease to transport, it more! May 26, 2015, reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2017 n't made or... Enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio., Pedal boat: Outpost 156 canoe: Outpost 156 Sq can still see all customer and... On one hand, this provides plenty of space for gear and can hold people. Were small enough, specifications, and information resources model DOES not have, in. Manufacturer could n't be bothered to remove my friends things like how recent a review is if!, Inc. or its affiliates, reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2019. it is what want.