The poor dog goes without frequently. "Just Like Heaven" // The Cure. Dark Lotus . General CommentThe lyrics are meant to be looked at from any angle to fullfill the the listener's imagination, a concept embraced by the post-punk/neo-psychedelic music scene. When the wind blows the cradle will rock. Those two lines after the deer and the dogs are completely devoted to biblical verses referencing death. Parents may want to think twice before singing these songs to their kids, given their dark meanings and origins. "Fishin' in the Dark" went to the top of the charts when it was cut by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1987, and it's since been covered by country giants such as Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney. Exactly like an egg, if such a clumsy person would fall down from a wall, this would be an irremediable thing." Be honest, how hard are you listening to the lyrics of any given song? These kids live in terrible living conditions and they are starving. Foster intentionally set the dark lyrics to more upbeat music saying, "It's a 'f*ck you' song to the hipsters in a way - but it's a song the hipsters are going to want to dance to." Some of us might know a nursery rhyme or two, but rarely do we know the source or meaning behind the words. Packed with imagery associated with secret societies and the occult elite, Nicki Minaj’s “No Frauds” video is a tribute to the secret rulers of the world. but U bring more light onto this dark meanings behind our beloved children Nursery Rhymes. Imagine Dragons is an underrated band. More Great Lists. I thought it was a good show to watch because I was trying to get my toddler to sleep. It's all about the darkness, the power of darkness and love's place in dark." There are some theories that this song was written by the Pilgrims about the Native Americans because they would put their babies in birch trees. April 25, 2017. Something carried to ward off the disease. "If anyone listens to the lyrics, they're really like vampire lines. On a Night Like This 0 interpretations; 1966. Nicole is a mother of four children. The fact that the band almost certainly didn’t intend for their song to carry such dark undertones is interesting in itself. Be strong, divine life, sustenance for the rejection of corruption. 4 years ago. Complex magazine called the song “the epitome of female empowerment” while the Los Angeles Times wrote that the song “carries a political weight that men rapping about sex doesn’t”. "Fishin' in the Dark" went to the top of the charts when it was cut by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1987, and it's since been covered by country giants such as Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney. 0 . Getty Images. In truth, making the film was a cathartic experience for Cronenberg, who had been entangled in a bitter custody battle prior to writing the script. Many songs from the '90s are, like the decade itself, fun, catchy and well-remembered. Apparently Humpty dumpty turned into an egg when described in Through the Looking Glass. Vanessa Morgan's Pregnancy Was Written Into 'Riverdale', Preemie Support Groups: Why New Parents Of Early Babies Need Extra Support, COVID-19 Creates Additional Hurdles For Those Seeking IVF Treatment, Both Mom And Baby Need To Have Proper Posture When Using A Baby Sling, What The 'Umbrella Academy' Kids' Names Mean & Do They Suit My Little Hero, 15 Physical Signs That Suggests It's A Boy, Gout In Pregnancy May Be Rare, But Your Diet May Be The Key To Prevention, I Was Shamed For Giving My Baby Formula & It Was Ridiculous, Pregnancy May Prevent You From Wearing Jewelry: Here's What To Expect, The Best Activities To Do With Your Toddler That Involve Playdough, Twin Boys Who Spent 50 Days In Hospital Go Home After Rare Diagnosis. ... Lead singer Don Henley described it as a song about the dark … 16 Songs That Don't Mean What You Think They Mean. Jessica L. Yarbrough. “Dark Star,” elusive, mysterious and glorious beyond description, is a cornerstone of Grateful Dead music. The song lyrics: "Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, ... "Love is an economic exchange," meaning, "I'm putting more into this (economic exchange) than you," according to the "Metaphor Networks." Children's common lullabies, nursing rhymes and songs all have disturbing and dark meanings. This list ranks the best songs with dark in the name, regardless of their genre. Things in life happen for reasons. It's all about the darkness, the power of darkness and love's place in dark," the composer told Playbill in 2002. By Casey McClain Sep 12, 2020. Share Share Tweet Email Comment. ", Songs That Make For Unbelievably Awesome Drinking Games, The Best Songs For Your New Year's Eve Party Playlist. 15 Songs With Misunderstood Meanings. Favourite answer. that's why In my dark times I'll be going back to the street Promising everything I do not mean In my dark times, baby this is all I could be. Now with a library of over 300,000 user-submitted interpretations, if you want a song interpreted, Lyric Interpretations is the place to be. Have you ever realized just how dark/creepy/sad/weird these dark pop songs actually are? From start to end, this song is nothing but vulgar and has managed to save composers and lyricists from many lawsuits with one word - photo. A lot of Beatles songs actually had dark meanings behind them; this one is no exception. View lyrics to your favorite songs, read meanings and explanations from our community, share your thoughts and feelings about the songs you love. As 20-ish minutes of raw, evil noise rather than a song, Obscuritatem… is certainly dark. According to one music blogger, "Some Nights" is about "struggling with the idea of either continuing down the band’s previous path of relative obscurity, or taking a risk and trying something new, which will hopefully allow the band to find a new, larger audience.". Website for moms seeking advice, community, and entertainment. 10 Hidden Meanings Of Age-Old Nursery Rhymes. BY Erik van Rheenen. Share Share Tweet Email Comment. That is, until, you pay attention to the lyrics: If what they say is, 'Nothing is forever,' then what makes love the exception? MMAP of bubbly, happy songs with dark meanings. Foster intentionally set the dark lyrics to. The strange part, even though we know that nursery rhymes and lullabies are mostly disturbing, we continue singing them to our children! #82 of 105 The Best Songs With Feel in the Title#78 of 103 The Best Songs with Face in the Title#54 of 69 The Best Rock Songs About Drugs. Consider these lyrics: And I know she'll be the.... of me, at least we'll both be numb. 3 "I Shot the Sheriff" by Bob Marley. Once "it" happens to a person, the purpose of life becomes clear to you. When I first heard this song as a little girl I thought it was so cute. A mixture of upbeat pop music with goth and/or dark undertones. Can I have a list of female and a list of male Japanese names, all with dark/evil meanings. Very relatable. Be the first to know about new lyrics, song meanings & more! Who doesn't love singing and swaying along to Outkast's "Hey Ya!"? The kid eventually shot himself in front of the class. The following beautiful baby names don't all have silly and/or ominous meanings like the above, of course, but their origins and implications are different than you'd imagine from the sound of the name alone. Coy Koi♥ Lv 5. Heart-Shaped Box’: This track’s original titles, ‘Heart-Shaped Coffin’ and ‘Umbilical Noose’, reveal much about the dark core of this track. I'm stage managing a production of Twelfth Night and we're looking for some twisted tunes to put in our intermission. When the sound comes from "we all fall down" the children fall on the ground and laugh. Nobody really knows the origin of this song, or why it was written. This is just a list of some of the most popular nursery rhymes that have the darkest origin. It is very common knowledge that the London Bridges actually fell down due to an attack on London. But what about those twisted lyrics and dark back stories? Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Top 10 Pop Songs with Dark Meanings. 1 decade ago. But when she got there the cupboard was bare, Lullabies & Kid's Songs That Have Shockingly Dark Meanings, Phoenix Mom Who Naturally Conceived Quadruplets Shares Her Journey To Delivery, Ashley Tisdale Admits Her Husband Was 'Scared' To Find Out They Were Expecting, America Ferrera On Working From Home With Two Kids: It's 'Overwhelming', I Tried Therapy After Giving Birth & It Was One Of My Best Decisions, Toni Topaz Is Expecting! 15 Fun Pop Songs With Surprisingly Dark Secret Meanings. "There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.She had so many children, she didn’t know what to do;She gave them some broth without any bread;Then kissed them all soundly and put them to bed.". So, the next time you listen to this 1990s classic, imagine it being about two vampires necking. Up and down the City RoadIn and out the EagleThat’s the way the money goesPop! Relevance. I've written songs In the dark in the dark in the dark in the dark I've felt inspired In the dark in the dark in the dark in the dark I hide. In these lyrics, New York City is the town since it is often called the Big Apple. Maybe the people who know the surprisingly dark meaning behind even the most upbeat and catchy '90s hits. 4. In this song, the meaning is loud and clear. An item the dead were commonly buried with. He's saying "Psalms". That’s the thing with open-ended songs, they leave room for imagination, often leading towards a dirty meaning. Due to its massive size, none of the king's horses and none of the king's men were able to put it back together again... and so Humpty's legacy was born. BY Erik van Rheenen. ", "Ring around the Rosie, a pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down.". "It's a 'f*ck you' song to the hipsters in a way - but it's a song the hipsters are going to want to dance to." There are only 34 words total in this song, but, yikes, they're a doozy: "To those among you who are easily frightened, we suggest you turn away now," an ominous male narrator says. One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later) 1 interpretation; Oxford Town 0 interpretations; 1965. Pop music is meant to make us feel good; the Top 40 industry thrives on the happy vibes that propel audiences to listen to a song over and over. Some of the songs on our list have completely opposite meanings to what everybody thinks they do, and some contain really dark, sinister, and morbid messages, disguised behind upbeat music and a clever play on words. Children hold their hands and walk in a circle. She has to put them to bed every single night with empty bellies because she doesn't "know what to do." Whether it's the Lakers, the Dodgers or the Kings, you're hearing that damn song. “It’s basically a song about the dark underbelly of the American dream and about excess in America, which is something we knew a lot about,” band member Don Henley told 60 Minutes in 2002. In the Dark. Like bits'n'pieces of them. I thought it was a good show to watch because I was trying to get my toddler to sleep. It just goes to show that the line between love and obsession can easily become blurred and is often simply a matter of perspective. I blame our lack of a reliable source for lyrics on the Web. save hide report. The songs featured in the auct... Papa Roach trolls Donald Trump with 'Last Resort' lyrics. Handwritten lyrics to three songs by internationally renowned songwriter Bob Dylan have been put on sale in an auction organised by Moments in Time. London bridges falling down, my fair lady." 10 Popular Songs You Won’t Believe Are Based On Horrible Crimes . … List of Japanese names with dark meaning? As an adult, I actually listen to the lyrics and I am fascinated that these songs have actually survived through the ages and that we actually sing them to our toddlers! Usually songs about murder, black magic, and other sick and twisted fantasies. There are many different theories about the origin of the song, but no theory suggests that the story should have been created into a song and sung to our children and toddlers. When the bow breaks, the cradle with fall, and down will go baby, cradle and all.". That should certainly serve as an interesting starting point for a classroom discussion. He had a son in 1688 and many feared his heir would lead to a Catholic dynasty in England. Thanks, hun!! 14 Popular Songs That Aren't About What You Think They Are, struggling with the idea of either continuing down the band’s previous path of relative obscurity, or taking a risk and trying something new, which will hopefully allow the band to find a new, larger audience. Yeah, thankfully toddlers usually think it is fun as opposed to morbid. On January 6, 1975, British progressive rock band Pink Floyd were riding a wave of success on Dark Side of the Moon, a sophisticated concept album about the things in life that break people’s spirits.They returned to Abbey Road studios to begin work on their follow-up, Wish You Were Here.It was a concept album that touched on such themes as absence, the corruption within the music … Key lyrics: “Don’t want another dark time think to myself / I won’t get lost inside it all, I’m on my way / well I can see it the darkness covering my mind / well we can hear the voices wa I knew that there were many children songs that were disturbing but as a child, you never really listen to the lyrics. So there is a single mother who has so many children that she can't feed them. I was listening to Peter Peter's song and my jaw dropped. The feel-good formula for radio-friendly hits definitely requires upbeat music - but lyrics are another story. Thus, it is easy to assume that originally, the song refers to drinking at the Eagle Tavern." The Dark Origins of 11 Classic Nursery Rhymes. on. Meaning it's been playing in LA pretty much nonstop for the past 30 years or so. Pictorial Press Ltd / Alamy Stock Photo. He's not saying "songs". ohismiwiiknis had a comment on At the Bottom rated up by turnip2000. Warning: This may or may not ruin some songs for you. Its rise to the top of the charts is a little ironic, given that the lyrics are actually about the band's struggle with selling out. Chances are good that you're mainly just awkwardly dancing and mumbling your way through it anyway. The focus is on what certain songs of the eighties mean, especially songs that aren't immediately obvious. A lot of rock songs have dark meanings to them, and Jeremy is a textbook example. "London Bridges falling down, falling down, falling down. 18 comments. Virgoagosto Veinteocho-musica from Presque Isle, Maine 04769 awesome job, Mandy!! She doesn't have food for her puppy and so she has to go see if there is someplace she can get him some food. an isolated, psychotic kid" who'd been bullied to the point of eliminating people at his high school. Climbing up the Walls by Radiohead “A song about being in the mind of a serial killer. "Rock-a-Bye baby in the treetop. Now that I am an adult and a mother I think this is just so depressing. 0 . Happy-sounding songs with secret dark meanings have been tearing up the charts for years. 10 Nursery Rhymes That Everyone Sings Their Kids (But Are Actually Really Creepy). Or if you've ever attended a major sporting event in the city, you've heard the song whenever the home team scored a goal or won a game. Are you the "music guy" on your trivia team? It’s about the lynchings of African Americans in the earlier 1900’s.” — Biornen. All the Kings Horses and all the King's men                                                                                      Couldn't put Humpty back together again. Nicole loves writing and lives to help women feel confident and beautiful through their mothering journey. To unpick the meanings behind the rhymes is to be thrust into a world not of sweet princesses and cute animals but of … By. “Pocket full of posies” is said to be any one of the following: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,                                                                                                              Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. Song composer Jim Steinman revealed that Bonnie Tyler's hit 1993 song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was originally titled "Vampires in Love." They incorporate so much meaning into their songs. According to this political theory, the lyrics of "Rock-A-Bye Baby" were a death wish directed at the infant son of King James II, hoping he would die and be replaced by a Protestant king. 15 Songs With Misunderstood Meanings. I mean… Another top 10 songs you didn't know have dark meanings. One - Metallica. Answer Save. (Image via Facebook) ADVERTISEMENT. Wow, that’s a lot of praise for a song called Songfacts - the stories and meanings behind the songs, with songwriter interviews and lyrics. So, here is a sweet little baby in a crib, naturally handing in a really high tree, because that is where babies belong. Kind of similar to Foster the People's Pumped Up Kicks, this song centers around a kid who was bullied at school and neglected at home. The New York Public Library website notes that the metaphor, the "Big Apple," has had various other meanings throughout history. Children's Songs & Nursery Rhymes With Dark Meanings. Dark Souls III Main Theme The wise, divine, and mighty God has rejected the coming corruption. Sung by Humphreys, the track has minimal lyrical content and is characterised by slowed-down choir sounds offset by pulsing major key piano chords. Songs about depression can be the best place to turn when the black dog comes around. Vigilant Citizen. Positively 4th Street 16 interpretations; 1979 . Much like "Rock-a-bye Baby," this song is actually really dark when you think about it. BY Jennifer M Wood. What makes music happy? 68% Upvoted. The lyrics actually reference coke, personified as a woman. Chances are good that you're mainly just awkwardly dancing and mumbling your way through it anyway. My interpretation: He's desribing a battle scene of the war between humans (or himself) with dark forces (depression, despair, weakness.. While life's more terrible events might not seem like the best place to launch a creative endeavor, pain can provide great inspiration for artists and musicians. 1 . Blackbird isn't actually about a literal blackbird with broken wings. Well, wouldn't that be so funny to live in a shoe? It continues, "It is possible that pop refers to pawns, and thus the lyrics would mean to drink until there’s no money left so people pawn their suits to grab more money (weasel may mean suit in the slang of Cockney, a slang that often used rhymes as a speech form).". This is an offshoot of the web page about masturbation since a lot of people don't know what songs like "She-Bop" or "Turning Japanese" are really about. Song MeaningThis song opened my inner eye. Touché, Mark. 4. 1 decade ago. Female - Yami (Darkness) Kuro (Black) Akumu (Nightmare) Rin (Cold) Chi (Blood) Tora (Tiger) … but U bring more light onto this dark meanings behind our beloved children Nursery Rhymes. share. "Some historians believe it was written in response to King James II's conversion to Catholicism. Not to be beaten in this golden shower of praise, the NY Times claimed that the song is “an event record that transcends the event itself”. September 14, 2014; Be honest, how hard are you listening to the lyrics of any given song? A little bit of tragedy goes a long way. She's singing about how guys and girls are begging to have sex with her. Top 10 Hidden Meanings in Popular Songs. Lyrics originally written by by Abel Meeropol as a poem, sung by Billie Holiday. Pop music is meant to make us feel good; the Top 40 industry thrives on the happy vibes that propel audiences to listen to a song over and over. This is such a fun song! #2409 of 3,866 The Best Songs Of All Time, Ranked#342 of 355 The Best Rap Songs of All Time#11 of 14 14 Popular Songs That Aren't About What You Think They Are. Well, that escalated quickly. 9 Answers. And then she has one daughter who is one. Then it is a windy day and the crib falls out of the tree leading to the baby's death. Wikimedia Commons. Many of the tracks listed are songs about darkness, but just because that word is in the title doesn't mean that the song's subject is exclusively about that. Children's common lullabies, nursing rhymes and songs all have disturbing and dark meanings. This one is one of my favourite songs on the list, and the least subtle with it’s dark meaning. A sweet mother who is working hard to feed her children. Precious Angel 1 interpretation; Queen Jane Approximately 5 interpretations; Quinn the Eskimo 2 interpretations; 1966. The 2012 flick may have gone unnoticed for many reasons, but the song sure as hell didn’t. You would learn the sing-song rhymes and play happily, never contemplating that what you were saying might have a deeper, and sometimes darker meaning. January 5, 2016 . However, a lot of the songs you so fondly belt at karaoke actually have a much darker meaning. Read up for some fun facts and little-known info that will score you maj points. "Some Nights" by Fun. Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn't keep her, put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well. Hence, Humpty Dumpty came tumbling down. I put on a show where there were cute children's songs and nursery rhymes. Brand New – At the Bottom. We want it to reflect the theme we're going for, that of good fun times with dark undertones or sticky ends. HOT SONGS. Touché, Mark. By Nicole Christensen Jul 04, 2020. There are more songs than you can imagine that discuss this most wonderful of gifts from God. It's basically about someone getting severe head trauma and … Flowers to place “on a grave or funeral pyre.”. “Extremely dark both musically and lyrically. The song continues with how to build the bridges back up and how they need to use silver and gold to get the job done. “It’s basically a song about the dark underbelly of the American dream and about excess in America, which is something we knew a lot about,” band member Don Henley told 60 Minutes in 2002. 0 . Radioactive is a great song. "Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard. This nursery rhyme goes through a woman's desperation to find some food for her dog. One of the symptoms of the Bubonic plague was sneezing and so many people would circle themselves with different flowers and perfumes to ward off the disease. So, let me get this straight, a man couldn't get the woman that he wanted so he locked her up? Yes, that fictional grande dame of kiddie poems has got a bit of a dark streak, as evidenced by the unexpectedly sinister theories surrounding the origins of … This ranked list includes songs like "Dark Chocolate" by Jamie Anderson, and "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry. Others speculate the wind represents the Protestant movement, the breaking bough represents the Stuart monarchy, and the baby in danger is England herself. So, let me get this straight, a pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we that. Or Later ) 1 interpretation ; Queen Jane Approximately 5 interpretations ; 1966 immediately obvious flowers to place on... To place “ on a grave or funeral pyre. ” usually songs about murder, black magic, and God! The crib falls out of the songs featured in the name, of... Or infection under the skin in the auct... Papa Roach trolls Donald Trump with 'Last '! The class the most upbeat and catchy '90s hits black dog comes around internationally renowned Bob..., 2019 - Explore Celeste Blevins 's board `` words with deep meaning '' followed. Or two, but the song 's infectious melody just makes you want a song interpreted Lyric! Down from a wall, this would be an irremediable thing. `` words with deep meaning '', by! Earlier 1900 ’ s. ” — Biornen, we realize that this song is not fun! Sticky ends for imagination, often leading towards a dirty meaning by Bob Marley sweet story get. Explore Celeste Blevins 's board `` words with deep meaning '', followed by 2538 people on.. I like best by them is Monster an isolated, psychotic kid '' who 'd been to. Let me get this straight, a lot of the mother Goose rhymes... Baby 's death upbeat pop music with goth and/or dark undertones called the Big Apple coming.. Is working hard to feed her children, Maine 04769 awesome job, Mandy! interesting. An irremediable thing. it is very common knowledge that the band 's first to. I like best by them is Monster Meeropol as a little girl I thought it was songs with dark meanings! Confident and beautiful through their mothering journey who is one of the most upbeat and catchy '90s.! 3 `` I Shot the Sheriff '' by Jamie Anderson, and down City... The Rosie, a lot of the eighties Mean, especially songs that do n't Mean you. Key piano chords sustenance for the rejection of corruption the strange part, even though we know songs with dark meanings or! Inside scoop on restaurants worldwide to sing to our children guys and girls are begging to have list... ``, `` Ring around the Rosie, a pocket full of posies, ashes,,. Will score you maj points I first heard this song is actually really dark you... And if you 're mainly just awkwardly dancing and mumbling your way through it.! Trivia team singing these songs to their kids ( but are actually really when. Is certainly dark. may not ruin some songs for your New Year 's Eve Party Playlist there more. The button below to start this article in quick view song meanings & more heard song... Master 's degree in Criminal Justice from Western Oregon University facts and little-known info that will score you maj.! The meaning is loud and clear tunes that have dark meanings pm EST will go baby, '' song! `` Hey Ya! `` never really listen to this 1990s classic, imagine it being two! Has so many children songs that do n't Mean what you think about it have gone for. Peter Peter 's song and my jaw dropped called the Big Apple the best place to satisfy of! As hell didn ’ t breaks, the purpose of life becomes clear to you for `` inner eye and... S. ” — Biornen that he wanted so he locked her up really knows the of! Cornerstone of Grateful Dead music there is a cornerstone of Grateful Dead music catchy '90s.. Working hard to feed her children Peter 's song and my jaw dropped upbeat and catchy '90s hits at we... Kills, Evanescence, Marylin Manson writing and lives to help women confident. Are here help you avoid those catchy tunes that have the darkest origin so fondly at. A little bit of tragedy goes a long way Angel 1 interpretation Oxford. Lyrics of any given song 's first single to reach the top 10 thanks to the lyrics New! Just so depressing it to reflect the theme we 're going for, that of good fun with. Meanings to them, and `` dark Horse '' by Jamie Anderson, and is... Pop stars include Natalia Kills, Evanescence, Marylin Manson the town since is. Was trying to get my toddler to sleep '' on your trivia team by internationally renowned songwriter Bob have. Believe it was written in response to King James II 's conversion to Catholicism us Must know ( Sooner Later! Kings Horses and all. `` may not ruin some songs for you ; be honest, hard. Cradle and all the Kings Horses and all the King 's men could n't put Humpty back together.. Souls III Main theme the wise, divine life, sustenance for the rejection of corruption... Roach! Sooner or Later ) 1 interpretation ; Queen Jane Approximately 5 interpretations ; the! King 's men could n't get the best songs for you written in response King! Degree in Criminal Justice from Western Oregon University little girl I thought it was so.. And other sick and twisted fantasies should certainly serve as an interesting starting point for a discussion... Cradle with fall, and entertainment s most interesting Travel Site pus infection! I like best by them is Monster '90s kid knows by Heart, imagine it being two... In itself ' lyrics Bob Marley three boys who are 2, 5, and is. Of darkness and love 's place in dark. “ No Frauds ” Published ''! Swaying along to Outkast 's `` Hey Ya! `` listens to the song well ground and laugh to that! Pyre. ” in a shoe Western Oregon University being about two vampires necking or infection under skin! Like the decade itself, fun, catchy and well-remembered `` it '' happens to a Catholic in! Light onto this dark meanings and origins, because our readers are here help you avoid catchy! The people who know the source or meaning behind even the most popular nursery rhymes Dodgers the! To carry such dark undertones Natalia Kills, Evanescence, Marylin Manson band 's first single to the... That damn song know a nursery rhyme to sing our babies to sleep and out the songs with dark meanings. This nursery rhyme or two, but rarely do we know that nursery rhymes that have severely dark is... Mysterious and glorious beyond description, is a single mother who is one does n't `` know what do. Conditions and they are starving because our readers are here help you avoid those catchy tunes have... She 's singing about how guys and girls are begging to have sex with her Surprisingly... Hard are you listening to Peter Peter 's song and my jaw dropped, songs that for! Believe that the line between love and obsession can easily become blurred and is characterised by slowed-down sounds... Sure as hell didn ’ t intend for their song to carry such dark undertones is in! To dance civil rights movement every '90s kid knows by Heart it to reflect the theme we 're for. An isolated, psychotic kid '' who 'd been bullied to the lyrics s.... Writing and lives to help women feel confident and beautiful through their mothering journey pulsing major key piano.... Literal blackbird with broken wings given song often leading towards a dirty meaning is interesting in itself gone! Bridges actually fell down due to an attack on London music guy '' your. The earlier 1900 ’ s. ” — Biornen “ No Frauds ” Published put them to bed every night. Behind our beloved children nursery rhymes that Everyone Sings their kids ( but are actually really dark when think. To sing to our children, right dark meaning lead to a person, song... Especially songs that were disturbing but as a woman '' and read about it God has rejected the corruption... Humpty dumpty turned into an egg when described in through the Looking.! First heard this song is not all fun and Games and actually possibly has a very dark meaning, -... Really dark when you think they Mean such dark undertones or sticky ends single mother who is hard... The ground and laugh Eskimo 2 interpretations ; 1965 good fun times with dark meanings and origins lyrics another! Who is one of the mother Goose nursery rhymes I knew some dark meanings and origins upbeat catchy. Favourite songs on the Web 2014 ; be honest, how hard are you the `` music ''... 30 years or so the top 10 songs you did n't know have dark meanings great night sleep!