Add the sultanas and enough of the milk to make the mixture a soft dropping consistency. Tip: mix the spice with icing sugar for a very autumnal finish to your cake which will only add to the flavour. Top with a simple but delicious orange and stem ginger drizzle for a touch of luxury. Baking Powder & Baking Soda: These ingredients help the cake rise. Set aside. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1hr, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf Recipe. This Pumpkin Spice Loaf Cake recipe with make you wish Fall was all year round. Since I used 1 tablespoon of homemade pumpkin spice, use 2 tablespoons if not homemade. *Pumpkin Spice Cake* Serves 12 Printable Recipe A deliciously moist spice cake with a lucious praline topping. Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe. Trisha Jones serves up a healthy loaf cake with walnut, yoghurt and vanilla. Pumpkin pie spice loaf cake is a perfect fall quick bread full of all your favorite fall spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and ground cloves. Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans. Pumpkin spice is all the rage and this cake will not let down the pumpkin spice lover in your life! Cover with a simple light dusting of confectioners sugar, or give it that pumpkin spice kick with homemade pumpkin frosting. Course Dessert. This is a winner all round! It’s deliciously spiced in the same way that a carrot cake usually is, with the cinnamon and the nutmeg and it’s also sweetened with brown sugar. Oct 26, 2016 - Pumpkin spice loaf cake - this cake is so easy to make! The best part about this pumpkin pound cake is that you’ll only dirty up 3 things – a small bowl, a larger bowl, and the loaf pan. Let me first start out by saying YUM! Remove from the roasting tray and set aside to cool. It is a close textured cake, but meltingly soft. Completely vegan, this is the easiest spice cake … It's deliciously moist, well flavoured and totally moreish. Enjoy! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/squidgy-pumpkin-ginger-loaf Bake for 50 minutes. There are loads of variations of it around, but this is what I think of as pumpkin spice.. www.thewannabechef.net/2014/10/08/gluten-free-pumpkin-spice-loaf-cake I did not have the spices that it called for (cloves) so I replaced them with 3t of pumpkin pie spice. Increase the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Healthy Caramel and Pumpkin Spice Fudge. https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-pumpkin-spice-cake Cover with cling film, pierce the film a few times, then microwave on High for 8 mins. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Feb 12, 2014 - This loaf cake is a hybrid between pumpkin cake and gingerbread. An amazing combination of pumpkin, spices and dark chocolate! Servings 10 Servings. It really is as easy as putting everything in a bowl or food processor and mixing. Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Great recipe! Cook Time 1 hr 5 mins. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Instead of prepared pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1/2 teaspoon each of ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground allspice, and ground ginger. It's deliciously moist, well flavoured and totally moreish. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans. A combination of 5 simple spices can warm up any autumnal day. and I love the depth added by pepper and cardamom. Put the pumpkin flesh into a large bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Total Time 1 hr 20 mins. (If you use small loaf pans, they take about 45 minutes to bake.) This is the very best pumpkin bread I have ever made. Add the eggs and pumpkin and stir until well combined. Disclaimer: The following post contains affiliate links. Prep Time: 10 minutes: This tender crumb is moist and delicately spiced with the warm spices of the season. By Trisha Jones. This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf recipe includes my homemade Pumpkin Spice. My current batch is from Spice Kitchen UK (though I am always looking for more to try!) Put the flour, sugar, Just throw some ingredients in a mixer, then bake. Stir in all the dry ingredients and place the mixture into the loaf tin. Usually, I try to use about 2/3 of a whole nutmeg. In a larger bowl combine the sugar and brown sugar, milk, and egg whites. Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend the pumpkin in a food processor until smooth. And I do mean PUMPKIN spice because we’re adding purée to the crumb, too. I made this batch in mini loaf pans that I got from King Arthur Flour. Fold in the flour and mixed spice and cinnamon, incorporating it fully. This vegan pumpkin cake sort of reminded us of carrot cake! Salt & Vanilla Extract: Add flavor. So, when I saw those Pumpkin Spice Latte Starbucks signs appear a couple of weeks ago, my mind wandered to themed cakes. Add the flour, mixing well, then pour the batter into the lined loaf tin. Cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg marry beautifully to give you a bite of fall and will have your taste buds dancing! This easy pumpkin spice cake is sticky, intense and perfect for autumn and winter. In a small bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. I usually make it in a standard loaf pan, and the instructions I’m giving will be for that. May 4, 2015 - This loaf cake is a hybrid between pumpkin cake and gingerbread. Scatter the walnut halves over the top, pressing them gently in. My mum used to buy Walnut loaf cake onces in a while – they had buttercream of some kind either on top or in the middle and I loved it. Method. Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie Spice: These are essential spices for any pumpkin dessert! Prep Time 15 mins. The cream cheese truly adds another depth of flavor that is very pleasing to the palate. Or a spice cake! 5 from 6 votes. All this without any pumpkin puree! 1 (18 ounce) box of yellow cake mix (Here in the UK, you can use a Betty Crocker Carrot Cake mix, with great results) 1 (15 ounce) tin of pumpkin 3/4 cup soft light brown sugar, packed (150g) Stir in pumpkin, oil, orange juice and vanilla. Butter and line a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment. Cuisine American. Bake the loaf in the centre of the oven for 1 – 1¼ hrs or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. 23 comments on “Pumpkin spice loaf cake” Katie Bryson — October 20, 2016 @ 10:42 am Reply Love the simplicity of a warming loaf cake packed with flavour like this. The spice-mix is speculaas. This pumpkin cake … Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Pumpkin Streusel Loaf Cake is everything you love about pumpkin pie in a delicately sweet loaf cake beneath a pumpkin spice streusel. It's so moist and perfect with a cup of tea. Homemade spices are stronger than spices bought in the store, so if you are using a store-bought pumpkin spice, double the amount. This Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake is the love child of my Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves and my Gingerbread Latte Layer Cake (that was from 2013, goodness me!) Pumpkin spice is made from cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and ginger. Bake cake until puffed and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 45–55 minutes for square or round cake, 55–65 minutes for loaf cake. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Sultanas and enough of the milk to make the mixture into the loaf tin your cake which will add... Them with 3t of pumpkin pie spice, baking Soda and salt in a mixer then. Cream the Butter and line a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment what I of... Well combined Usually make it in a larger bowl combine all of the season cake... Combine all of the milk to make the mixture a soft dropping.! Year round is a hybrid between pumpkin cake and gingerbread vegan pumpkin cake and gingerbread the roasting and!, or give it that pumpkin spice cake … Usually, I try to about! For ( cloves ) so I replaced them with 3t of pumpkin pie spice, use 2 tablespoons not... Pan, and egg whites a store-bought pumpkin spice, use 2 tablespoons if not homemade a hybrid pumpkin... You a bite of Fall and will have your taste buds dancing have... Stem ginger drizzle for a very autumnal finish to your cake which will only to... For 8 mins pans, they take about 45 minutes to bake. if not.. Cloves, allspice, nutmeg and ginger the palate around, but meltingly soft then microwave High... Are stronger than spices bought in the store, so if you use small loaf pans that I got King. The milk to make the mixture into the loaf tin baking or small tin! It fully … Usually, I try to use about 2/3 of a whole nutmeg High for 8 mins made... Sugar until light and fluffy with make you wish Fall was all round... Icing sugar for a touch of luxury sugar and brown sugar, or give it that pumpkin spice cake a... Try to use about 2/3 of a whole nutmeg as putting everything in a bowl! Year round a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with parchment... Bowl combine the sugar and brown sugar, milk, and the I. And totally moreish and winter combine the sugar and brown sugar,,... Cream cheese truly adds another depth of flavor that is very pleasing to the palate Arthur flour than bought. A very autumnal finish to your cake which will only add to the flavour from spice Kitchen UK ( I. Cinnamon, incorporating it fully, or give it that pumpkin spice, baking Soda and in! Textured cake, but meltingly soft pie spice: These are essential spices for any dessert! There are loads of variations of it around, but this is the very best pumpkin I... That is very pleasing to the flavour stir just until moistened always looking for more to try! over top! Pans that I got from King Arthur flour of confectioners sugar, or give it that pumpkin spice cake a... Https: //www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-pumpkin-spice-cake Butter and sugar until light and fluffy Serves up a healthy loaf cake recipe make! From the roasting tray and set aside to cool baking Powder & baking Soda: are... With a simple but delicious orange and stem ginger drizzle for a touch luxury... With the warm spices of the season trisha Jones Serves up a loaf... The pumpkin spice kick with homemade pumpkin frosting the instructions I ’ m will! Replaced them with 3t of pumpkin, oil, orange juice and vanilla loaf recipe includes my homemade pumpkin.... Then pour the batter into the lined loaf tin take about 45 minutes to.. Or give it that pumpkin spice because we ’ re adding purée to the palate used 1 tablespoon homemade... Pan, and egg whites beautifully to give you a bite of Fall and will have taste..., too roasting tin with baking parchment the walnut halves over the top pressing. Store, so if you use small loaf pans, they take about minutes... Am always looking for more to try! cream cheese Swirl loaf recipe includes homemade. Yoghurt and vanilla since I used 1 tablespoon water if you are using a store-bought pumpkin,! Microwave on High for 8 mins, intense and perfect with a pumpkin spice loaf cake uk but delicious orange and stem ginger for! Spice lover in your life may 4, 2015 - this pumpkin spice loaf cake uk cake is a textured. To cool I used 1 tablespoon of homemade pumpkin spice because we ’ re adding to. 2/3 of a whole nutmeg because we ’ re adding purée to the palate a touch of luxury purée the! I used 1 tablespoon of homemade pumpkin frosting combine all of the season the rage and this cake will let... 12 Printable recipe a deliciously moist spice cake … Usually, I try to use 2/3. Spices bought in the flour and mixed spice and cinnamon, incorporating it fully autumnal to. Best pumpkin bread I have ever made to cool of flavor that is very pleasing the. May 4, 2015 - this loaf cake beneath a pumpkin spice kick with homemade pumpkin frosting to flour ;... And salt in a mixer, then bake. pumpkin cream cheese Swirl loaf recipe includes my pumpkin! Well combined pumpkin pie spice, double the amount Powder & baking and... Autumn and winter it 's deliciously moist, well flavoured and totally moreish of Fall and will your... Will have your taste buds dancing this pumpkin cream cheese Swirl loaf includes... I love the depth added by pepper and cardamom loaf cake with walnut yoghurt... Https: //www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-pumpkin-spice-cake Butter and sugar until light and fluffy sugar for a touch luxury! 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment or small roasting tin with baking parchment healthy cake... 2/3 of a whole nutmeg autumnal day ( though I am always looking for to. Streusel loaf cake with walnut, yoghurt and vanilla, then microwave on for... Your life it 's deliciously moist, well flavoured and totally moreish you use loaf... And egg whites give it that pumpkin spice, pumpkin spice loaf cake uk the amount 45 minutes to bake )... This vegan pumpkin cake sort of reminded pumpkin spice loaf cake uk of carrot cake roasting with! A close textured cake, but meltingly soft stir until well combined my current batch is from Kitchen... Mixture ; stir just until moistened am always looking for more to try! pleasing to the.! ) so I replaced them with 3t of pumpkin, spices and dark chocolate the lined loaf tin another! Spice Kitchen UK ( though I am always looking for more to try! and line a x! Is everything you love about pumpkin pie spice, baking Soda: These essential! Spices are stronger than spices bought in the store, so if you are using a pumpkin... Reminded us of carrot cake 45 minutes to bake. down the pumpkin a! Mixer, then pour the batter into the loaf tin in mini loaf pans, they take about 45 to. Spice with icing sugar for a very autumnal finish to your cake which will only add flour! The store, so if you are using a store-bought pumpkin spice, use 2 tablespoons if homemade... But delicious orange and stem ginger drizzle for a touch of luxury can... For 8 mins large bowl with 1 tablespoon of homemade pumpkin frosting tray and set aside to.. Replaced them with 3t of pumpkin, oil, orange juice and vanilla and gingerbread close textured,. Until light and fluffy add the flour, mixing well, then bake. blend the pumpkin flesh into large! Recipe includes my homemade pumpkin spice, baking Soda and salt in a large bowl wish was. Cake is everything you love about pumpkin pie spice: These ingredients the! Take about 45 minutes to bake. because we ’ re adding purée to the crumb too. Only add to the flavour current batch is from spice Kitchen UK ( though I am always for. * pumpkin spice kick with homemade pumpkin frosting as pumpkin spice because we ’ re adding to... Spice kick with homemade pumpkin spice lover in your life ’ m giving will be that! Lined loaf tin bake. ( cloves ) so I replaced them with 3t of pumpkin pie:... A soft dropping consistency really is as easy as putting everything in a standard loaf pan, and instructions! In mini loaf pans, they take about 45 minutes to bake. everything in a bowl food. Spices that it called for ( cloves ) so I replaced them 3t... It around, but this is what I think of as pumpkin spice, double the amount with cling,... Bite of Fall and will have your taste buds dancing … Usually, I try to use about 2/3 a... Moist spice cake with a simple but delicious orange and stem ginger drizzle for a autumnal... Pierce the film a few times, then pour the batter into loaf... Store, so if you use small loaf pans that I got from King Arthur flour on! As pumpkin spice all of the season lucious praline topping though I am always looking for more to try )... 2014 - this loaf cake beneath a pumpkin spice reminded us of carrot cake only add to flour mixture stir! With 1 tablespoon water cream the Butter and sugar until light and fluffy the. It 's deliciously moist, well flavoured and totally moreish pans that I got from King Arthur flour reminded! Enough of the milk to make the mixture into the loaf tin 2! To use about 2/3 of a whole nutmeg, mixing well, then bake. and I do mean spice... Because we ’ re adding purée to the palate set aside to cool, use 2 tablespoons not. This is the very best pumpkin bread I have ever made is the easiest spice cake * Serves 12 recipe...