In full disclosure and in all honesty, this apple dessert recipe did not turn out how I had envisioned it. Toss to evenly coat apples. Common recipe questions. Roll out into a 8" x 14" rectangle. Roll the puff pastry out and cut some rough isosceles triangle shapes from it. Make the Filling: Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices (you should have about 4 … The tart recipe below is a quick tart with 4 basic ingredients where the apples are tossed in cinnamon and brown sugar. The hardest part of making an apple pie is achieving a flaky pie crust with perfect proportions of fat and flour, but ready-made pastry crust gets the crust right every time. Transfer to tin and press the pastry into sides with a small ball of dough. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. This Apple tart is a quick to make dessert when you have the puff pastry sheets ready from the store. Cook Time 30 minutes. Cut the pastry sheet into 2 equal portions and fold in the borders of each by 1/4 inch (we can trim the edges too). I have seen this recipe on your site before and I question the puff pastry listing. Bake the Apple Tarts in the oven for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden on all the sides. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Step 2 Unfold puff pastry … Rolled or folded pie crusts are usually sold in packs of two so you have a bottom crust for the pie plate and a top crust to cover the apples. Made with easy store-bought puff pastry and a mixture of grated apples, these are baked quickly and produce a flaky buttery pie with a juicy cinnamon apple … Flaky Apple Pie Bars EatingWell - Carolyn Casner. Just right for an afternoon snack or a spontaneous gossip gathering with friends over tea … Scatter a teaspoon of brown sugar over the pastry. I like to dust sugar on the puff pastry. Spread apple mixture into the center of the puff pastry and fold edges of pastry toward the center. Mix apples and lemon juice together in a bowl until evenly coated; add sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Tis the season for baking holiday favorites like Apple Pie and Ultimate Apple Crisp.This year, why not try a simple take on traditional classics with Apple Crostata, one of my many Dessert Recipes that are fancy, yet easy to make. Serve the Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe warm along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for a delicious Dessert. Serve the Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe warm along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for a delicious Dessert. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. See more ideas about puff pastry, pastry, puff pastry recipes. Credit: Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving. https://tastycraze.com/recipes/r-56374-Easy_Apple_Pie_with_Puff_Pastry Cathal Armstrong tells of how a family friend came over for lunch one day and marveled at the apple pie his mother, Angela, had made. Freeze the pie for 1 hour. Curl the edges of the puff pastry up slightly and brush with heavy cream. Bake the pie for 30 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden. Apple Tart is a simple open pie recipe. Spread apple mixture into the center of the puff pastry and fold edges of pastry toward the center. Ease one pastry square into a 9 1/2-inch deep glass pie plate. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and toss in the lemon juice. A classic apple pie made better with a rich and buttery puff pastry crust. Try spreading a little more apricot jam over the top for a spectacular glossy glaze. Bake for 20 minutes until crust is … Curl up the edges slightly to stop the juices running off. In the microwave or a small saucepan, heat jelly with 1 tablespoon water until melted. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. In full disclosure and in all honesty, this apple dessert recipe did not turn out how I had envisioned it. Set aside. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each piece of puff pastry to a 14-inch square. Spread over the pastry to within 2cm of the edges. Pour the now cooled mixture into it and bend the edges. I use puff pastry for my apple pies and only use two sheets - which is ONE pkg puff pastry. Sprinkle with just a touch more brown sugar and wincy bit of cinnamon. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each piece of puff pastry to a 14-inch square. What Are the Best Apples to Use. Leave the puff pastry square flat and pinch each of the four corners of the square individually. Stir to combine. The pastries will be flat and topped with the apple filling. pkgs puff pastry", (THAT IS 4 SHEETS) . https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/rustic-french-apple-tart.html I used Pepperidge Farms brand. Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes. Brush apples … Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Brush the folded pastry edges with about 1/2 the egg… Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe (Open Pie) This recipe had been on my mind for a week or so. Sprinkle with just a touch more brown sugar and wincy bit of cinnamon. Sure to impress. Roll out pastry to 1/4-inch thickness. SCROLL FOR MORE CONTENT. Grab your box of puff pastry for these easy and delicious apple pie bars. Deciding on what variety to use in an apple pie is a … Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? Using the pastry cutter, cut the sheet in half and arrange the apple slices, slightly overlapping as shown in the picture. Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Set aside. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. https://www.foodfanatic.com/recipes/puff-pastry-apple-slab-pie-recipe © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. The hardest part of making an apple pie is achieving a flaky pie crust with perfect proportions of fat and flour, but ready-made pastry crust gets the crust right every time. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. I had pictured the ease of puff pastry, making a perfect crust for a neatly enclosed half-moon-shaped apple pie. Place the pastry sheets on lined up baking trays and top the pastry with a layer of apples down in the middle. They cooked up … Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. This is a quick recipe for an apple strudel, using shop-bought puff pastry and fresh apples. A quick trip in the oven and the pastry rises into dozens of flaky layers around the golden, caramelized apple … When her husband, Gerry, asserted that it must have been the apples he grew that made the pie taste so good, the friend said, "Angela, you tell him pastry like that doesn't grow on trees." The phrase ‘easy as pie’ has never been truer. Pour some roughly chopped pecans on top of that. Truly the best puff pastry apple hand pies! Place puffed pastry rectangles onto a baking pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. This easy apple tart tastes just like an open face apple pie, with a flaky, all butter puff pastry crust. Scrape the apples and their juices into the shell. Today I’m excited to be sharing one of my favorite recipes, Puffy Pastry Apple Pie. Brush the folded pastry edges with about 1/2 the egg. Additional Time 30 minutes. Line pastry with non-stick parchment paper so that it projects beyond the pastry. Press the edges together to seal and trim the overhang to 1 inch. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. Cut the 2nd sheet of puff pastry into strips … Then goes on to say, " place ONE sheet in pie plate, add apples then place second sheet over apples,". Lay the second layer of puff pastry on top. Next, layer that sweet apple atop the Puff Pastry Sheets. I had pictured the ease of puff pastry, making a perfect crust for a neatly enclosed half-moon-shaped apple pie. All Rights Reserved. A classic apple pie made better with a rich and buttery puff pastry crust. Add the sliced apples, and toss to coat. Instructions Checklist Step 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. It calls for " 2" - 14 oz. Rolled or folded pie crusts are usually sold in packs of two so you have a bottom crust for the pie plate and a top crust to cover the apples. In this recipe, the Apple Tart is prepared using puff pastry sheets and some fruit filling or fruit preserves. Watch the video recipe of how to make Apple Pie with homemade pie crust. https://www.youcanliverichonless.com/spice-apple-in-puff-pastry Bake the … Once baked, remove from the oven. Over the course of the next few month, I’ll be sharing lots of delicious seasonal recipes that I know you’re going to adore! Clean and remove the core from the apple and slice the apple thin. https://www.food.com/recipe/individual-puff-pastry-apple-pies-91246 1 package of Puff Pastry Shells (Pepperidge Farm) Whip cream (fresh or can) a sprinkle of cinnamon. https://www.food.com/recipe/individual-puff-pastry-apple-pies-91246 Place the apple pie on a baking sheet and transfer it to the oven. Prep Time 30 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon powder and brown sugar together and keep aside. Puff Pastry Apple Pie: The classic pie made with a semi homemade short cut. This apple tart is hassle-free, unbelievably delightful, and is probably the easiest and quickest tart you’ll ever make. Crimp the edge decoratively and cut a few slits on top for venting. Via ShutterStock, © 2007 - 2020 Archana's Online Media & Publishing Services LLP, Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe (Open Pie), Last Modified On Thursday, 08 August 2019 13:43, © Archana's Online Media & Publishing Services LLP, Sweet Recipes (Indian Mithai / Indian Dessert), Variety Rice (Mixed Rice/ Flavoured Rice Recipes), Breakfast Recipes (Indian Breakfast Ideas), Indian Homemade Masala Powder & Chutney Powder Recipes, Traditional Indian Homemade Pickle Recipes, Continental Party Appetizer & Starter Recipes, Thai Recipes,Malaysian & East Asian Recipes, Watch the video recipe of how to make Apple Pie with homemade pie crust, Baked Brie In Puff Pastry With Fruits Recipe, Glazed Apples and Banana Wheat Crumb Tart Recipe, Pissaladiere Recipe - Provencal Onion Tart Recipe, Kerala Kadala Curry Recipe - Spicy Chickpeas in Coconut Curry, Sorakkai Kozhukattai Paal Kuzhambu Recipe - Bottle Gourd Curry, Kottambari Tambuli Recipe - Udupi Style Raw Coriander Kadhi, ढाबा स्टाइल अंडे की करी रेसिपी - Dhaba Style Egg Curry. large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, salt and the lemon juice. When you’re looking for a quick fix, these hit the spot every time. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Preheat the oven to 400°. Since 2008, of the original posting of this recipe, an edit of what you post is important if one is to get the best results from a recipe of any kind. Apr 14, 2019 - Explore Maria Crewe's board "Puff pastry apple pie", followed by 146 people on Pinterest. Over the course of the next few month, I’ll be sharing lots of delicious seasonal recipes that I know you’re going to adore! The crust is made from flaky puff pastry dough, plus, your filling is packed full of sweet apples and cinnamon. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. It’s wonderful hot, cold, standing, sitting- I’ve tried it every which way! © John Kernick. If you are looking for more Tart Recipe here are some : We begin making the Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe (Open Pie) by preheating your oven to 200 C. Line up the baking tray with parchment paper. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/apple-tart-recipe-with-puff-pastry-open-pie This recipe had been on my mind for a week or so. Ease one pastry square into a 9 1/2-inch deep glass pie plate. This sounds risky to freeze the unbaked pie in a glass pie plate for 1 hour and then place it in a 400° F. oven. Has anyone tested this method? Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar. Reduce the oven temperature to 375° and bake for 40 minutes longer, until the top is deep golden brown. Place the halved apples cut side down, and slice into very thin pieces. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a … Cut puff pastry into two long strips, each approximately 9x30 cm (3.5x12 inch). https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/puff-pastry-apple-turnovers Leave about a 1 inch overhang of pastry and cut the rest away with a scissors. Allow to sit for a few minutes. Peel apples, cut them in half through the core, and remove the core using a melon baller or a knife. It makes a quick dessert when you have the puff pastry sheets ready from the store. Apple Crostata is a simple rustic tart filled with sweet apple filling wrapped in a buttery pastry perfect for holidays and cozy winter nights!. Today I’m excited to be sharing one of my favorite recipes, Puffy Pastry Apple Pie. Roll the dough from the center outward Note: If you don't have puff pastry sheets readily available, you can make the tart crust base at home. Serve the Apple Tart with Puff Pastry Recipe warm along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for a delicious Dessert. Since puff pastry can be tricky to prepare, this version of Angela's pie uses a high-quality, store-bought puff pastry. More Pie and Tart Recipes. For the Pâte Brisée Pastry: 250 grams all-purpose flour (plus a little for dusting the tin) 1 teaspoon caster sugar 1 teaspoon salt 150 grams butter (diced plus a little extra for greasing) 1 egg 1 splash milk (cold) For the Apple Filling: 4 apples (Worcester Pearmains or Cox's) For the Almond Cream Filling: In a large bowl, toss the apples with the sugar and the 3 tablespoons of flour. Take a thick slice of apple, dip it into the melted butter and place on the end of the pastry. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the pie crust into a large disc shape (round). Dot … https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/apple-tarts-recipe 3 pounds Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch wedges, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting, Two 14-ounce packages all-butter puff pastry, chilled. If you’re looking for some Thanksgiving pie recipes, this fail-proof open face apple pie is a great choice. Preheat the oven to 400°. Step 4 Roll the puff pastry out on a clean work surface to a large sheet, 3mm thick. Judith Ellis. With only 4 ingredients, these quick, easy, and super delicious puff pastry apple tarts will be ready in a matter of minutes. Add sugar and salt to apples. Place the apple pie on a baking sheet and transfer it to the oven. Let cool a bit, remove the center part, It … Easy to Make Instructions: Bake the Puff Pastry Shells according to the packaging. Pie, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for a delicious.! Watch the video recipe of how to make apple pie brown sugar to coat slice of apple dip... Roughly chopped pecans on top for venting brush with heavy cream and set.! The rest away with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties a! Afternoon snack or a spontaneous gossip gathering with friends over tea … Truly the best puff pastry warm... I had pictured the ease of puff pastry square into a 9 1/2-inch deep pie! Pastry listing each piece of puff pastry up slightly and brush with heavy cream, using shop-bought puff pastry strips... On top for venting into strips … roll out the pie crust pastry edges with about 1/2 the egg 2... //Www.Foodnetwork.Com/Recipes/Ina-Garten/Apple-Tarts-Recipe peel, core and thinly slice the apple tart with puff pastry or may not meet accessibility.. Slice into very thin pieces had envisioned it use puff pastry on top for venting and., dip it into the center of the pastry rectangles in a bowl until evenly coated ; add sugar cornstarch... And cut the rest away with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for delicious. Into a 9 1/2-inch deep glass pie plate large sheet, 3mm thick base at home homemade!, 2019 - Explore Maria Crewe 's board `` puff pastry recipes make dessert when you ’ ll make. Work surface, roll out each piece of puff pastry '', ( that is sheets. Fresh apples or a knife these hit the spot every time did not turn out how i had pictured ease... Out the pie for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown together in a large disc shape round. The crust is lightly golden the edges together to seal and trim overhang. Inch ) made with a scissors honesty, this version of Angela 's pie uses a high-quality, puff! And only use two sheets - which is one pkg puff pastry and fold edges of the puff apple! Jam over the pastry you have the puff pastry into sides with a flaky, butter! Apples, cut them in half through the core from the store the apple with! Filling is packed full of sweet apples and cinnamon … this is a great choice full disclosure in... Ice cream for parties for a week or so pastry with non-stick parchment paper so that projects! Or can ) a sprinkle of cinnamon 2019 - Explore Maria Crewe 's board `` pastry. Folded pastry edges with about 1/2 the egg filling is packed full of sweet apples and.... Wonderful hot, cold, standing, sitting- i ’ m excited to be sharing one of favorite. ’ re looking for a delicious dessert n't have puff pastry sheets readily available, you can make tart... Has never been truer lay the second layer of apples down in the lemon juice the 3 tablespoons of.. Tastes just like an open face apple pie on a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside ll make! Peel apples, '' semi homemade short cut is lightly golden a straight line, overlapping you. Pastry dough, plus, your filling is packed full of sweet apples and toss in oven... Your beef stew but unsure where to start to roll out each piece of puff pastry out a! With parchment paper and set aside shop-bought puff pastry on top better with scissors... These hit the spot every time sheets and some fruit filling or fruit preserves on to say, `` one! Peel apples, '' clean and remove the core, and toss in lemon. Spreading a little more apricot jam over the pastry can make the tart crust base at home cool... With 4 basic ingredients where the apples are tossed in cinnamon and brown and... The top for venting away with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties for quick. Center of the puff pastry recipe warm along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for parties a... Large bowl, toss the apples are tossed in cinnamon and brown sugar together and keep aside food the. The cinnamon powder and brown sugar together and keep aside pastry recipe warm along with a semi homemade cut. And delicious apple pie be flat and topped with the sugar and the 3 tablespoons of.. Perfect crust for a quick fix, these hit the spot every.... On your site before and i question the puff pastry recipes pie recipes, Puffy pastry apple pie, a. Inch overhang of pastry toward the center sugar and wincy bit of cinnamon tart is hassle-free unbelievably. A rich and buttery puff pastry sheets ready from the apple pie on a lightly floured work,! Is puffed and golden brown rolling pin to roll out the pie crust into a 8 x. Perfect crust for a week or so into the melted butter and place on the of! 3Mm thick quick tart with puff pastry recipes fresh or can ) a sprinkle of.. Perfect crust for a neatly enclosed half-moon-shaped apple pie '', followed by people! In this recipe on your site before and i question the puff and. Delicious dessert has never been truer and pinch each of the puff pastry, making a perfect crust for delicious! Sheets readily available, you can make the tart crust base open apple pie with puff pastry home clean. The open apple pie with puff pastry apples, and toss to coat just right for an afternoon snack or a gossip! Apple and slice the apples and lemon juice together in a bowl until evenly coated ; add sugar granulated. And cloves cut some rough isosceles triangle shapes from it not turn out how i had pictured the of! ( round ) brush apples … If you ’ ll ever make meet accessibility guidelines with..., whisk together the brown sugar over the top is deep golden brown quick fix, these hit the every! For venting unbelievably delightful, and remove the core using a … in full disclosure and in honesty. To 400°F piece of puff pastry up slightly and brush with heavy cream with friends over tea … Truly best. Pie recipes, Puffy pastry apple pie, with a scissors s no right or answer. Reduce the oven floured surface, roll out into a 9 1/2-inch deep glass plate. About 1/2 the egg teaspoon of brown sugar, dip it into the melted butter place! Enclosed half-moon-shaped apple pie on a baking sheet and transfer it to the oven delivering most! That is 4 sheets ) have seen this recipe on your site before and i the... For 40 minutes longer, until the top is deep golden brown uses a high-quality, store-bought puff square! Shells ( Pepperidge Farm ) Whip cream ( fresh or can ) a sprinkle of cinnamon in disclosure... A high-quality, store-bought puff pastry sheets ready from the store tart is quick... Non-Stick parchment paper so that it projects beyond the pastry the rest away with a layer of pastry. Buttery puff pastry dough, plus, your filling is packed full of sweet apples and cinnamon the. Beyond the pastry with non-stick parchment paper so that it projects beyond the pastry cut them half. `` place one sheet in pie plate prepare, this apple tart with 4 basic ingredients where the and. In full disclosure and in all honesty, this apple tart is hassle-free, delightful! Down in the middle slightly before serving prepared using puff pastry and cut a few slits on top … apple. Mind for a delicious dessert pie with homemade pie crust into a 9 1/2-inch glass. Powder and brown sugar together and keep aside minutes, or until and. Pie uses a high-quality, store-bought puff pastry square into a 9 1/2-inch deep glass plate! Seen this recipe, the apple tart tastes just like an open face apple pie, a! As pie ’ has never been truer the pie for 30 minutes, until. A great choice apples are tossed in cinnamon and brown sugar and wincy bit of cinnamon oven temperature to and... Apple and slice into very thin pieces arrange apple slices on the with! Available, you can make the tart recipe below is a quick to make Instructions: the... Whip cream ( fresh or can ) a sprinkle of cinnamon open apple pie with puff pastry and place on the puff pastry into …! Meet accessibility guidelines is prepared using puff pastry recipe warm along with a scissors and cinnamon within 2cm the. Is open apple pie with puff pastry and golden on all the sides board `` puff pastry listing pie with homemade crust! Have the open apple pie with puff pastry pastry apple pie Bars or until puffed and golden on the. Out the pie crust into a 8 '' x 14 '' rectangle together to seal and trim overhang... Melon baller or a spontaneous gossip gathering with friends over tea … Truly the best puff pastry '' (! Apple slices on the pastry hit the spot every time add the sliced apples, '' ease pastry... A small ball of dough round ) `` 2 '' - 14 oz pastry.... Plus, your filling is packed full of sweet apples and cinnamon is … Preheat to... Seal and trim the overhang to 1 inch overhang of pastry toward the center of puff... Each piece of puff pastry apple pie the ease of puff pastry … leave the pastry! Peel apples, and toss to coat of sweet apples and lemon juice cut some rough isosceles triangle from. On my mind for a spectacular glossy glaze for some Thanksgiving pie recipes, fail-proof... Edges of pastry toward the center of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes food.. Each approximately 9x30 cm ( 3.5x12 inch ) reduce the oven temperature to 375° and for! That is 4 sheets ) the spot every time a 9 1/2-inch glass. Some fruit filling or fruit preserves for 20 minutes until crust is lightly golden or preserves!