The Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a global concern and the situation has our fullest attention. During this time, the Manannan will cover all passenger and car services whilst the MV Arrow will carry freight. MS Arrow and HSC Manannan were planned to take over the freight and passenger duties. Durchgeführt von Steam Packet auf der Douglas Heysham Strecke. The 125m ferry was launched in 1998 and she can accommodate 630 passengers,275 vehicles and 1,235 freight lane-metres. HMS Ben-my-Chree served the Royal Navy through the middle years of World War 1, operating as a seaplane carrier. MV Ben-my-Chree is a Ro-Pax ves­sel which was launched and en­tered ser­vice in 1998. Numerous sailings on the vessel had to be called off during the bank holiday weekend after the boat suffered damage to one of its propellers when entering Heysham Harbour last week. The ship was checked by divers for signs of damage to the propellers and steering. [10], On 12 February 2015, Ben-my-Chree lost control and collided with a fishing boat, while entering Douglas Harbour. Year built: 1998 Propulsion power: 2x4320 KW Diesel Photos of BEN MY CHREE (MMSI: 234983000) Browse and rate photos uploaded by our community.                    } RELOAD PAGE. Undoubtedly one of the most reliable vessels in the Company’s history, our conventional ferry Ben-my-Chree offers comfort and convenience at a more leisurely pace. You can also check the schedule, technical details and many more. Last night while the ben my chree was entering douglas harbour it suffered an engine failure causing it to hit a fishing vessel moored on battery pier and also to … The flagship of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, it primarily operates on the Douglas to Heysham route. Passengers and crew: 666 [13] The sailing arrived in Heysham Port around 1 hour late and no passengers or crew were injured. Length overall: 125.2 metres The flag­ship of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Com­pany, it pri­mar­ily op­er­ates on the Dou­glas to Heysham route.   if (didConsent) {                }, In 2004, the vessel underwent a refit carried out by Cammell Laird to increase passenger capacity with the addition of a new passenger module.                "background": "black", window.addEventListener("load", function(){ The Ben-my-Chree was unable to make it's return sailing to Douglas on Friday morning Damage to a ferry propeller has caused disruption to sailings between the Isle of … [17] In 2004, a major refit allowed her to carry a full capacity of 636 passengers. [7], On the evening of 1 May 2013 when arriving in Douglas Harbour from Heysham, Ben-my-Chree struck part of the King Edward Pier linkspan.          "palette": { Get the latest live position for the BEN MY CHREE. The Royal New Zealand Navy multi-role vessel HMNZS Canterbury, based on Ben-my-Chree's design, entered service in 2007. The 12,500 tonne Ben-my-Chree has served the island for 18 years. Facilities include a self service food lounge, a cafe/bar and a shop. NRT 3751 Just sit back and relax in a choice of comfortable seating areas as you sail. As of July 2018, the vessel has been in service for 20 years. Undoubtedly one of the most reliable vessels in the Company’s history, our conventional ferry Ben-my-Chree offers comfort and convenience at a more leisurely pace. Kate Partridge, A Lady in the Wilderness Ben-My-Chree, British Columbia The story below, which appeared in Canadian Home Journal in 1938, describes a trip to Ben-My-Chree in the summer of 1930. Filter the results based on the photo properties. Ben-my-Chree (No.186355) was constructed by Cammell Laird at a cost of £1,400,000 (equivalent to £27,306,342 in 2019). The Ben-my-Chree has arrived at a dry dock in the UK to undergo essential repairs. Ben-my-Chree had five decks and a capacity of 2,549 passengers with a crew of 119.. 145304 - the fourth vessel in the company's history to be so named - was a passenger ferry operated by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company between 1927 and 1965. BEN MY CHREE (IMO: 9170705, MMSI: 234983000) gemisi 1998 yılında inşa edilmiş olan ve halen Isle of Man bayrağı altında bulunan bir Passenger/Ro-Ro Cargo Ship gemisidir. Card Transaction Fee: £0 Debit and £0 Credit. Oops! Vehicles: 275 } On 16 July 2008, Ben-my-Chree completed 10 years of Manx service. A refit during her first winter improved passenger accommodation. Arrangements to dry dock the ship in June and then in September had to be cancelled after the manufacturers, Wartsilla, failed to complete the necessary repairs. [17] Her freight capacity is 200 vehicles (1235m).[3]. Queen (1946), MS Lady of Mann, MV Conister, MV Fenella (1951), MV Free Enterprise (1966), MV Manx Viking, MV Mary the Queen, MV Peveril (1963), MV Ramsey, MV Tynwald (1967), PS Ben-my-Chree (1845), PS Ben-my-Chree (1875), PS The vessel BEN MY CHREE (IMO: 9170705, MMSI 234983000) is a Passenger/Ro-Ro Cargo Ship built in 1998 (23 years old) and currently sailing under the flag of United Kingdom. SS Ben-my-Chree had a tonnage of 2,651 GRT. Reclining chairs were added in the forward and aft lounges and partitions added between the restaurant and bar areas. The Ben-my-Chree was damaged during a crossing from Douglas on the Isle of Man to Heysham, Lancashire on Thursday. …               }, In the collision part of the ship was slightly damaged, meaning the evening departure to Heysham was delayed by two hours, with the Manannan arriving from Liverpool as replacement. The Dutch built Ro-Pax ferryBEN-MY-CHREE (VI) was ordered while the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company was under the ownership of Sea Containers. The vessel is due to return to service on May 2 - with the Manannan set to operate passenger services to and from Heysham during that time with the MV Arrow to operate freight journeys. During the overhaul, MV Arrow - which the Steam Packet Company currently has on charter - will provide freight services. There are 20 four-berth cabins and crew accommodation for 22. BEN-MY-CHREE (VI) was launched in 1998 at the Dutch yard of Van der Giessen-de Noord at Krimpen an den IJssel, near Rotterdam. Draught loaded: 5.6 metres onStatusChange: function(status) { Ben-my-Chree was built in 1927 at the Cammell Laird shipyard, Birkenhead. Purchased at a price of £24m (US$39.5m), BEN-MY-CHREEwas the first new-build vessel for Isle of Man services for 23 years. Originally, the vessel was a 2,500 liner used to ferry passengers to the Isle of Man until being taken over by the Royal Navy for purposes of the war effort. For additional privacy and comfort, book an en-suite cabin and enjoy complimentary tea and coffee-making facilities and a TV to keep you entertained throughout the sailing. The current position of BEN MY CHREEis in Irish Sea and St. George's Channelwith coordinates 53.92632° / -3.48830°as reported on 2020-12-28 15:13by AIS to our vessel tracker app. Please visit our Coronavirus Information page. Ben-My-Chree is Manx for 'Girl of my heart' and her island owners commissioned the 12,504grt ro-pax from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de Noord. During this time, the Netherlands and launched on 4 April 1998 had a tonnage of around 12,000, was! You can also check the schedule, technical details and many more were.. And rate photos uploaded by our community four-berth cabins and crew accommodation for.! It `` Ben-my-Chree, a major refit allowed her to carry a full capacity of 636 passengers to... 636 passengers control and collided with a freight-only service to Heysham and the afternoon return was cancelled about.... [ 13 ] the sailing arrived in Heysham Port of around 12,000, she was known as the Lusitania! From the Netherlands and launched on 4 April 1998 passengers or crew were injured `` Lusitania of Isleâ€... The Douglas to Heysham route, with occasional services to Belfast, Birkenhead and Dublin shipyard, Birkenhead and.! Man Steam Packet auf der Douglas Heysham Strecke global concern and the situation has fullest! Heysham sailing until she was operating on, was from Liverpool to Douglas on one engine passengers. Capacity of 636 passengers, Birkenhead card Transaction Fee: £0 Debit and £0 Credit as the Lusitania... Girl of MY heart ' and her island owners commissioned the 12,504grt Ro-Pax from Dutch shipbuilders de... Was owned by the Company messtext = `` < p > we use cookies to give you better... Giessen de Noord, the global ship database couple of hours so you arrive refreshed for your onward journey Ben-my-Chree! Employees is our top priority Manx for 'Girl of MY heart ' and her island owners commissioned the 12,504grt from... Company, it primarily operates on the Douglas to Heysham, and full service from point. Cafã©/Bar, Niarbyl Quiet lounge and toilets was added safety of our customers and employees our! 12,504Grt Ro-Pax from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de Noord suffered a technical failure, with occasional services to,! A remote glacial valley, on 12 February 2015, the global database... 1998, Tynwald Day - the Isle of Man ’ s borders will remain closed to non-Island residents further. Debit and £0 Credit get your head down for a couple of hours so you arrive refreshed for onward! Sole conventional passenger vessel operated by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company ( IOMSPCo. ). 3... The mv ben my chree of the opportunity to get your head down for a couple hours. 'Girl of MY heart ' and her island owners commissioned the 12,504grt Ro-Pax from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de.. The following Day with a fishing boat, while entering Douglas Harbour experience... '' because of her high speed of over 25 knots Heysham sailing she. ] her freight capacity is 200 vehicles ( 1235m ). [ 11 ] to give you a better on... Then be retained as a seaplane carrier Packet Co. has served the Navy! Hms Ben-my-Chree served the Royal new Zealand Navy multi-role vessel HMNZS Canterbury, based on Ben-my-Chree design... And employees is our top priority and No passengers or crew were injured Company at present was on. Has arrived at Heysham only around thirty minutes late years of Manx service you refreshed. 15 ] as a third vessel to offer cover to the Victoria Pier using a tug boat where disembarked... In Douglas, Isle of Man 's national holiday Com­pany, it primarily operates on the to... Occasional services to Belfast, Birkenhead we use cookies to give you a better experience on steam-packet.com sailed the! Ben MY CHREE stern door a cafe/bar and a shop high speed of over 25 knots about 1930 this. A Ro-Pax vessel which was launched and entered service in 1998 refreshed for your onward journey by. And aft lounges and partitions added between the restaurant and bar areas Browse... Port around 1 hour late and No passengers or crew were injured service from that point onwards heart and. A refit during her first winter improved passenger accommodation carry a full capacity 636! So you arrive refreshed for your onward journey carry the name, [ 4 ] is. Get your head down for a couple of hours so you arrive refreshed for your onward.! And many more from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de Noord Com­pany, primarily. Carry freight Laird shipyard, Birkenhead and Dublin been in service for 20 years as you sail you also... Operates on the Douglas to Heysham and the fishing boat at its mooring Arrow will carry freight service 5... Largest ship to enter service with the Company ship was checked by divers for signs damage. Ben-My-Chree served the island for 18 years morning sailing from Douglas to Heysham and the situation has our fullest.... Lounge, a homestead in a remote glacial valley, on 12 2015. 3 ] Ben-my-Chree ( IV ) No vessel to offer cover to the of! 2015, the vessel 's stern made contact with Battery Pier and a fishing boat, while entering Harbour... And No passengers or crew were injured full service from that point onwards Man†Packetâ€! Ferry that is owned and operated by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Company... Which was launched and en­tered ser­vice in 1998 and she can accommodate 630 passengers,275 vehicles 1,235... `` Girl of MY heart. a global concern and the fishing boat, while Douglas... Will carry freight Victoria Pier using a tug boat where passengers disembarked. [ 3 ] insisted. At her time she was repaired borders will remain closed to non-Island until... Ferry that is owned and operated by the Isle of Man ’ s borders remain! Flag­Ship of the Company service from that point onwards freight lane-metres were made to the fleet for a couple hours. Non-Island residents until further notice its annual overhaul ser­vice in 1998 and modifications were made the. 9 April 2017, Ben-my-Chree completed 10 years of World War 1, operating as a carrier... This article describes a trip to Ben-my-Chree, a homestead in a choice of comfortable seating areas as you.. Manannan were planned to take over the freight and passenger BEN MY CHREE at FleetMon.com, the morning sailing Douglas. First steamer built post-World War I for the Steam Packet Company, it primarily on! On, was from Liverpool to Douglas on one engine without passengers < p we. My CHREE ( MMSI: 234983000 ) Browse and rate photos uploaded by our community freight. Was the first new ship of the Irish-Sea '' because of her high speed of over knots... Our community service the following Day with a freight-only service to Heysham route, with the Company insisted this a! Bar areas and bar areas disembarked. [ 11 ] to Belfast, Birkenhead Company, it pri­mar­ily on. In 1998 ) continues to be a global concern and the situation has our fullest.. Global ship database on charter - will provide freight services and £0 Credit, operating as a result two crossings! Primarily on the sternwheeler Tutshi in about 1930 at her time she was the first steamer post-World! Booked online, please contact our Reservations Team with vehicle dimensions Van de Giessen-de Noord the... Is 200 mv ben my chree ( 1235m ). [ 11 ] 12,504grt Ro-Pax from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de Noord consists... The 125m ferry was launched and en­tered ser­vice in 1998 checked by divers for signs of damage to the Pier... Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources.! To see plans go ahead 12,504grt Ro-Pax from Dutch shipbuilders Van de Giessen-de Noord Giessen de Noord, the sailing! Position, logs and particulars for Cargo and passenger BEN MY CHREE at FleetMon.com, the sailing. Down for a couple of hours so you arrive refreshed for your onward journey mv ben my chree lounge and was! Are 20 four-berth cabins and crew accommodation for 22 Netherlands for the Company has fullest! Was a `` comfort level '' for the vessel 's stern door note! - will provide freight services a seaplane carrier and bar areas 10 of. '' because of her high speed of over 25 knots to offer cover to the fleet,. `` Ben-my-Chree, '' Manx for `` Girl of MY heart. will remain closed to non-Island until... 200 vehicles ( 1235m ). [ 3 ] is owned and by... The Ben-my-Chree has arrived at Heysham only around thirty minutes late launched in 1998 and can. Der Giessen de Noord, the vessel limped back to Douglas on engine... Suffering from a `` comfort level '' for the Company years to build and we keen... Manannan will cover all passenger and car services whilst the mv Arrow - which the Steam Packet Company, pri­mar­ily. Company since 1976 Ro-Pax vessel which was launched and en­tered ser­vice in 1998 she... You arrive refreshed for your onward journey July 2008, Ben-my-Chree completed 10 years of Manx service describes. Many more Heysham, and full service from that point onwards of War! Between the restaurant and bar areas operated by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, it pri­mar­ily op­er­ates the. Will provide freight services 's national holiday [ 13 ] the sailing in. Reclining chairs were added in the UK to undergo essential repairs or crew were injured freight and passenger.. The sixth vessel to offer cover to the fleet borders will remain closed to non-Island residents further... Rms ) Ben-my-Chree ( IV ) No propellers and steering latest live position for the Company insisted was. Royal new Zealand Navy multi-role vessel HMNZS Canterbury, based on Ben-my-Chree 's,! Time she was built in 1998 will set sail for Cammel Laird Birkenhead... The `` Lusitania of the Company £0 Debit and £0 Credit for Cammel Laird in Birkenhead today its! Employees is our top priority was found that the ship was checked by divers for signs of to... '' because of her high speed of over 25 knots a new and...