India calls for holding early talks on LAC, ‘Till lotus blooms’: Suvendu Adhikari says won’t sleep till BJP wins Bengal, Pak activist Karima Baloch’s family seeks investigation into her death: MEA, India sends warship to deliver aid to Vietnam, conduct exercise in South China Sea, Govt invites farm unions, Rahul Gandhi meets President Kovind | 10 points, Look forward to welcoming UK prime minister Boris Johnson, says India, PM Modi to speak to farmers, release cash in Dec 25 outreach, ‘Rahul Gandhi using farmers to do politics over three laws’: MoS Agriculture, The Midnight Sky review: There’s no dawn at the end of Clooney’s dull film, AK vs AK review: Anil Kapoor unleashes inner Chembur against Anurag, IND vs AUS: Under Rahane’s leadership, three changes likely for India, Criminal Justice review: Kirti Kulhari’s show is what world needs to watch, High court to re-examine boundaries of Sukhna lake catchment area, Ravibir Singh set to be the president of Chandigarh Golf Club, 3 more Covid deaths in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula, No winter break for PU depts, regional centres this session. Where rice flour is used for the steamed version, all-purpose or wheat flour is used for the fried version. Have a great sunday! Come Ganesh Chaturthi and mounds of red, green, saffron and white moneybag-shaped sweets decorate sweetshop windows. This recipe makes 11 large modaks. $6.98. 22. Thanks for sharing. Hi Sindhu, I am sure you will get a lot of blessings from Ganesha. Add 2 cups or 200 grams grated fresh coconut. In it add chopped chocolate and keep stirring it continuously till it … The Elephant God is back in town and so are his favourite sweets — modaks. However if you live in a country where it is not available, then feel free to use light brown sugar. Modaks are also made in many other states with different fillings like sesame jaggery, chana dal jaggery or peanut jaggery. Quick Info. This is first time, I saw an Indian recipe written and described in perfect and quantified manner. Made in shape of a traditional sweet called Modak during "Ganesh Chaturthi" Recipe Tags. I make fried modak at home from whole wheat flour with dry coconut or fresh coconut stuffing with jaggery (gud/gul).For covering of this modak I used whole wheat flour with Semolina(rava/suji) and no maida in it.Semolina makes this modak crispy.This are the traditional Modak prepared in Marathi homes .Maharashtrians prepare this modak during ganesh chaturthi festival or on … bikes; parts; accessories & apparel; test ride; sustainability; partners ; service & support; about CAKE; Change Country. You can also hand pick the dust particles and discard while you grate. Egg-free; Medium; Festive; Baking; Dessert; Ingredients Serving: 6 . Keep the balls covered with a damp cloth until you finish making all of the modak. Hope you used rice flour from a Indian brand. Spread on a cotton cloth and air dry or fan dry for 30 to 40 mins. You can use peanuts or sesame seeds. Place a trivet in a steamer or pot. Sticky dough means there is more moisture in the dough, sprinkle 1 teaspoon rice flour to the dough and knead well again. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons more hot or warm water while kneading to get a smooth dough. Kara Modak, Motichur Ladoo recipes to make your Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations sweeter 13 Sep, 2018, 06.44 PM IST If you're not a fan of store-bought sweets, these recipes are sure to be a … Or you can also close the opening with more dough. Steamed modak also known as ukadiche modak are sweet dumplings with coconut and jaggery filling. 3. So glad! Seal off by pressing both the edges with moist fingers (dip fingers in water). We need a evenly shaped round puri. Get te latest updates och news on CAKE 2021 bikes. If you live in a country place where the moulds are not available then they can be handmade following my step-by-step photos. Pour few drops of ghee over the modaks. Usually glutinous rice flour is knead to dough by adding slightly hot water and not cooked the way modak covering is made. Place 1 to 1½ tbsp coconut mixture in the center. Coconut is the key ingredient used to make the filling. 9. GiftDecorShop offers online Birthday Cake delivery service in Modak @ Rs.389.00. 6. Cook jaggery and fresh coconut until the mixture looks almost dry. 24. Kolkata, Noida, Gurgaon, My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. Modaks are made for Lord Ganesha which is suppose to be his favorite food. Modak recipe – Modak are sweet stuffed dumplings offered to Lord Ganesha as prasad / naivedyam during Ganesh Chaturthi puja. Hi swasthi, If using mould then divide according to the size of your mould. Without using mawa or milk solids or even condensed milk and dark chocolate, this chocolate modak tastes awesome. Set aside and let the dough steam in the residual heat. You can also check the video. The filling is delicately flavored with cardamom powder and sometimes even with nutmeg. I have shown 2 ways to make them without mould. Really looking forward to making this! 16. Maharashtrian chef Shyam Telang has tried to recreate the taste of the traditional ukadiche modak he associates the festival with, since his childhood. It is a sweet that is distributed among neighbours and friends. Vinayaka chaturthi or Ganesh chaturthi is a festival celebrating the birth of Lord Ganesha. Place 1 to 1.5 tbsp. One way is to use mould & the other to shape them with hand. What does Modak mean? Cover with the other half. The modak cake is available on 24-hour notice till the end of the festival and is 100 per cent vegetarian. Modak recipe | Modakam | How to make modak without mould. Thank you for subscribing to our daily newsletter. Modak Recipe was Originally published in Sept 2015. Modak Tres Leches Cake Dessert maker Anu Bhalerao Kamble shows how to make it . I make modaks without the pleats, next time I’ll try this recipe. Seal the modak with the excess dough that comes out. Tuck in little dough from the edges to give a nice finish.