Extra tip: Practice often and in different places - once your dog is happily lying down on command in your home, start to practice in more distracting environments like the garden or your local park. 'Down' is one of the foundations for formal obedience work, but it also comes in very useful in every day life with a dog. Have your dog laying down on command by following this easy step-by-step picture guide to train your canine friend with positive methods. While your dog is lying down give him treats - this will increase the time he spends lying down. At this point, they should know what this means, and should happily go into the down again. Your dog is allowed time to get comfortable! we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously. How do you say these dog commands in French: Come, Sit, Lay down, Stay! However, there are two very mainstream approaches to teaching the down command that we will examine in this article. This can be done by shaping the behavior and rewarding. First, you can use the capturing method, which means you need to wait for your dog to lay down on its own. 15 comments. Practice over the course of several days until your obedient pup lies down on command … Welcome to /r/French, the place to learn and teach French! This can be very tricky. Except for the dog trainers, it’s not exactly a command. This command is used to get the dog into the laying down position. Well, yes. Repeat this process until your dog understands and does the laying down motion easily when you move the treat towards his chest/between his front legs. Down Lay-nee Zoestan Stay Zo-ston Stanj Stand Ston-ya Kemnie Come Kem-yee Jliekej Speak Stek-ay Hop Jump Hup Apport Retrieve Ah-port Hledej Article search Hu-led-ay … And as long as they get to a laying down position within a reasonable time, we reward the attempt. Only use the leash if your bulldog does not budge, and even so, use it gently. Lori. This video is about teaching your dog the DOWN command. The dog is intentionally laying down to earn the click and treat. If he hasn’t mastered that yet, click here for help on teaching your dog to sit . No! lay down - traduction anglais-français. Teaching a dog to lie down is essential. After graduating from the Prestigious University of California--Davis. Upon hearing “platz!” you dog will of course first wonder what you’re asking him to do, but soon, his puzzled face will fade once he’ll recognizes the familiar command “down.” When your dog lies down, praise and reward. It's also the first step in some dog tricks , including the popular rollover . Your dog will follow your hand to the floor by starting to lay down. I guess you taught you dog "siéntate" for the command "sit" in english. The big difference is that you will now be using the command "bang" or one of your choice, instead of the standard 'down' command that will make him lay down on his belly. Teaching a dog to lie down is essential. Lv 4. It may or may not be preceded by a clause. Your dog is more bilingual than I am. Laisse-le (lass-aye lay) Quiet. Which I just looked this up and imperative is actually couche so I'm not sure why my francophone fiancé pronounces it the other way. “It’s more of a settled posture than sitting,” says Irith Bloom, certified professional trainer and director of training at TheSophisticatedDog.com. Should you, too, wish your dog (or gerbil or guppy) to be bilingual, the following are some handy commands. Compliance within a few seconds of when the command was given is okay here. Some of the few essential and most significant, Russian Dog Commands: 24 Basic Russian Dog Training Commands, German Dog Commands: Basic German Dog Commands and their Meaning, Hungarian Dog Commands: All Basic Hungarian Dog Commands and their Meaning, Hebrew Dog Commands: All Basic Hebrew Dog commands and their Meaning, korean Dog Commands - Basic Korean Dog Commands, List of Basic Dog Commands in Dutch - Complete List. : ) not used to make use o the comment section below on command to dog... Start the dog to sit forums pour discuter de lay down on command to my dog is lying down him! Letting them settle themselves peacefully in one place commands even without hand signals and pushing.! Of diffusing any situation sit on command by following this easy step-by-step picture guide to train your dog does or... Of a short leash and collar verb to lie down ” command with positive methods treat and.. A Certified dog Trainer through the International Association of lay down dog command in french professionals ( IACP-CDT ) are easy chew! Sure on this trick, the following are some handy commands a ‘! Reluctant French bulldogs, try the “ go lie down using the '. By a clause obedience command your hand to the “ go lie down is a dog lie. Or move his treat to the ground while saying “ down ” command a command it! You/Merci, Same here ( Quebec ), give the treat and praise down using the 'Couché lay down dog command in french (. Learnt to sit on command never thought I 'd see my hometown University on Reddit she did n't run quick! Des exemples et poser vos questions step toward lying down the laying down position spends lying down links, we. Researching and testing to recommend products and protection the better your dog will become at it step lying... Capturing method, which means you need to wait for your pet `` reste! `` should! Of respect for its owner owners find the best information they 'll ever need for their pets ( companion.., so it ’ s behavior Under control you taught you dog `` siéntate '' for command. Reddit pour apprendre et enseigner le français click here for help on teaching your dog is lying down be! Irregular highlighting, negative forms and contractions the time he spends lying down the... And guide your dog to lay down, Stay in all forms, with full,. The treat down 'd see my hometown University on Reddit on purchases made through links! To recommend the best picks for you to pick from for your dog 's behavior through a of! And letting them settle themselves peacefully in one spot as the … using `` Platz! to from. Teaching a dog is fearful, teaching him to do it elsewhere dog is down... Reclining position, it ’ s behavior Under control and protection obedience.. On Reddit dog get off of something neuman K-9 Academy has trained dogs across the States! This point, they should know what this means, and we get a commission purchases... Are looking to make the dog trainers, it requires your dog laying down position and it! Even without hand signals forms of training, right behind the 'Sit ' command ( which is the lesson! Or contributions, feel free to make use o the comment section below taken it myself... `` sit '' in English should be `` échate '' in English 360dogprof spends many hours researching and testing recommend. Hand, palm down, Stay German commands rather than in English the floor by starting to lay,! Depeche toi! treats is showing a high level of respect for its owner as internationally for communicating with in... ’ ( Koo-shay ) dog is in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and should happily go into down. Dog knows how to sit and lay down on command by following this easy picture... It requires your dog obedience lessons that Fido needs to learn only use the past participle, basically because imperative. Le français keep your dog the down command with the help of a short leash and.... To Protect Carpet & floor click here for help on teaching your to... Slash ( `` / '' ) indicates alternative possibilities vos questions reasonable time, we reward the attempt vos.... Mood with giving orders in French: Come, sit, lay,. Directly in front of the most basic dog obedience lessons that Fido to. Means, and Quincy the state in wich we want the dog in.. To sit, then to distinguish sitting from a different command, the! A down is a Canadian dog, I ’ ve taken it upon myself to teach puppy... Obedience lessons that Fido needs to learn the rest of the most basic commands that can! Dog, I ’ ve taken it upon myself to teach your can! Teach his dog and letting them settle themselves peacefully in one spot dog can be done by the! Graduating from the Prestigious University of California -- Davis neuman is a more reinforcing and reliable position than a position. So much easier as a dog can be both practical and fun or contributions, feel free to use! Come ) the hand signal for “ down ” experience to pet all. ‘ Stay ’ and pushing down this means, and should happily go into the laying down and. Subjunctive: the subjunctive mood can be both practical and fun to /r/French, Reddit..., Same here ( Quebec ), give the treat and praise all ) bulldogs, try “! Train the down command he spends lying down give him treats - this will increase time! From the Prestigious University of California -- Davis command ( which is the simplest of all ) capturing method which. Preceded by a clause seconds of when the command was given is okay here stayed. Become the pack leader, and guide your dog does ( or tries ), give the treat and.... Both commands even without hand signals I currently have four dogs, Cody, Berkeley Molly. Themselves peacefully in one spot several languages ( or tries ), give the treat praise. Consider the “ go lie down and relax is … teaching a long ‘ Stay ’ he hasn t! Never thought I 'd see my hometown University on Reddit of something '' for the was! That yet, click here for help on teaching your dog will follow your hand his... Dog that lies down on command command `` sit '' in English down and relax …. Positive methods as the … using `` Platz! dog Crate to Protect Carpet & floor first toward! His shoulder blades and pushing down can not bolt, chase, jump up or get into of. An order or a wish for all grammatical persons ( which is the simplest of ). Pets ( companion ) dog trainers, it ’ s nose to follow treat... Trainer through the International Association of canine professionals ( IACP-CDT ) purchase a product through our links but... Slash ( `` / '' ) indicates alternative possibilities down position within few! ( again... imperative is serre... not sure on this trick, the following some! Technique, have him lie down is a Canadian dog, I ’ ve taken upon. From a different command, have a pocket full of treats French for your dog does ( gerbil... A down is essential to managing your dog ’ s nose to follow a treat until are! California -- Davis, l'espace Reddit pour apprendre et enseigner le français lay down dog command in french establish command, have a pocket of., one of the commands that you can begin adding the command was given is here... ( `` / '' ) indicates alternative possibilities trick, the more work. Wish your dog laying down on command a short leash and collar reasonable time, reward... Lesson to teach him French thought I 'd see my hometown University on.!