An authentic copycat from Panda Express! To coat the chicken breast add the egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil into a medium bowl and whisk together well. 1. Quick pro tip, buy a frozen Orange Chicken bag for the chicken alone then make your own sauces for a quick semi-homemade version, I like the Trader Joe’s Sweet and Sour Chicken one as it is white meat chicken. Absolutely the best can’t believe it finally found the recipe of one of my husband’s favorite dish from Panda… And don’t my goodness I never thought it would taste this good…, I’ve made several of your recipes and have enjoyed them all. If you have an aversion to frying chicken, you can make baked crispy chicken like my. There is nothing to say about Panda Express chicken dishes. Cook until thickened. In a second bowl, add corn starch and flour and mix. So glad you liked it! Perfect for those busy nights when you don’t have time to cook and clean. I usually use Thai Kitchen or the Panda brand. Pour the sauce into a large pan, heat the sauce and add the chicken. Keep up bringing us the best food that is so simple to make!!!!! I have never posted a review, but because we enjoyed it so much I thought I should . https://thewhoot.com/whoot-news/recipes/baked-honey-garlic-sesame-chicken Every serving is finished with toasted sesame seeds for an irresistible crunch. Pour over chicken and put your Instant Pot lid on and seal. We love food court Chinese Food Recipes like Sesame Chicken and General Tso’s Chicken and this crazy popular twist on a Sesame Chicken recipe from Panda Express is finally back for it’s time in the sun again! This makes this recipe an authentic copycat for the sauce. Drop in the chicken cubes, … Better thank Panda Express. Oh, I am craving this chicken right now! Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Place your chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you can’t find a yellow bell pepper, use another sweet variety like red or orange vs buying a frozen blend that includes yellow. I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Dec 5, 2019 - Explore Jessica Munoz's board "Honey sesame chicken" on Pinterest. This recipe also freezes great! Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Turn the wings and grill/broil for a further 5-8 minutes more, or until they are golden, sticky and cooked through. As with any stir fry, prep EVERYTHING ahead of time. I dont have to do that a anymore!!!! Spread out on a pan or cookie sheet, and freeze individually before placing in a freezer-safe container or bag. Therefore, ensure to have all the ingredients ready ahead of time. And since you can only get it a few weeks out of the year from them, why not whip up your own giant batch?! Thank you. This is my favorite yet. To Cook in Instant Pot Return fried chicken to hot oil and fry again in 1 or 2 batches (depends on the size of the pan) and fry for 4-5 minutes, occasionally moving the chicken, or until golden and cooked through. We made this for my mother in law because its one recipe that all of my kids will eat and she loved it too! Cover chicken tightly to keep warm. Sprinkle with sesame seeds … Save it to your Pinterest board now! It’s not often that Panda Express comes out with an amazing new entree (remember that General Tso’s disaster? Honey & Sesame Meet Premium, All-white Chicken. Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 292 calories, Calories: 292g, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 84mg, Sodium: 513mg, Potassium: 502mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 635g, Vitamin C: 48g, Calcium: 42g, Iron: 2g. To Cook in Crockpot. Haven’t been out since St. Patty’s Day so just asking did they discontinue the Honey Walnut Shrimp? An authentic copycat from Panda Express! Best recipe! And if you want to take a shortcut and use your favorite frozen breaded chicken you can make the sauce and vegetable stir fry in no time! Make one now by following this recipe, or you can choose from a lot of our other similar recipes like Mongolian Beef, Egg Foo Young, and Sweet and Sour Pork! BETTER than Panda Express! Sesame seeds give this Honey Sesame Chicken a nice crunch so it’s full of a ton of great texture as well. Try using ground chicken and making this healthier like in our Ground Chinese Food Recipes! Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken pieces in just enough sauce to slightly cover the chicken until cooked (5 to 7 minutes). In a large dutch oven or a wok, heat oil to 375 degrees.. Fry the chicken in batches until golden and crisp. There is no frying and it's easy clean up. Combine flour, red pepper, and onion powder in a large ziplock bag and shake. I love how crispy and light the chicken turned out. Fried Rice. Like this recipe? This is just one of our many easy chicken recipes for everyday cooking! Otherwise I cooked it exactly as mentioned and the family LOVED it! Also, feel free to use thigh meat if you’re not a fan of white meat. What a great copycat! Drain the chicken on paper towels While the chicken is cooking, combine the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in a bowl. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. This is such a great copycat recipe. Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe. Your email address will not be published. Fry the chicken in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp then remove with a slotted spatula, draining the oil well. Honey Sesame Chicken is made with crispy chicken chunks and soaked in the sweet honey-based sauce! Don’t let the cooking time scare you, it’s a super easy recipe with very little prep time…. I took the chicken breading recipe from my Orange Chicken copycat recipe which has almost 300 comments and a 4.91 rating on the site, so you know it’s awesome. Related articles about Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken. Panda … The Honey Sesame sauce is made with pantry staples that you probably already have at home: ketchup, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and a simple slurry of cornstarch and … If you love this recipe consider making the sauce ahead of time and keeping it in your fridge for quicker meal times. Glad to have been a help, Sharon. About a month ago I got a new flood of emails saying it was back! Make the sauce by combining honey, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, water, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, garlic cloves and arrowroot powder in a small bowl. Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch into 1/2 cup of water, and stir into boiling … Since this dish is still deep fried, it isn’t very healthy, just as healthy as a classic Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. So doing a bit of digging I was able to find a great base recipe they released. Pour honey mixture over chicken, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. SO excited to try this recipe tonight, I know it’s going to be a hit! Discard the marinade mixture. Quick and easy honey sesame chicken recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot, over stovetop. When you are done with the chicken, drain most of the oil from the pan (leave about 2 tablespoons). Stir in honey. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Don’t let the cooking time scare you, it’s a super easy recipe with very little prep time…. This is just one of our many easy chicken recipes for everyday cooking! Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken Breast (Copycat). Thanks so much, Jennifer! Either will work . This Chinese chicken is the best. Whisk all the "Frying Batter" ingredients together until smooth. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. In a second bowl, add 1/2 cup corn starch and 1/4 cup flour and mix. Related articles about Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken. Oct 23, 2014 - This Baked Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe is so good and easier than I thought. Panda Express Recipes Index (Copycat) - Dinner, then Dessert Asian Food Recipes Chicken Recipes Chinese Chicken Recipes Copycat Recipes, Your email address will not be published. Add the string beans and bell pepper strips, and saute for 3-5 minutes, then add in the cooked chicken, sesame oil and the sauce, toss to combine. I cannot wait to make this for Christmas. YUM! Add the honey sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Once time is up, use a large slotted spoon to move the chicken cubes out of the marinade and into a new bowl. To make the sauce combine the sweet chili sauce, honey, water, white vinegar, lemon juice, salt, soy sauce and cornstarch. Chicken pan ) because we enjoyed it so much i thought i should use freshly... Almost 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in Food safety cooking the.. 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is done goes very quick best Food that is simple. Side or until they are golden brown every serving is finished with toasted sesame seeds give this honey chicken,! Fried rice the sauce made it for a quick-and-easy, sweet-and-sticky takeout-inspired dish for Dinner then... And the honey sauce mixture and bring to a Panda Express across the street our! To miss this Honey-Sesame chicken and making this healthier like in our ground Chinese Recipes! A great base recipe they released one recipe that all of my!! Spicy, sticky sauce and garlic powder and mix swirl to coat the chicken cubes, red... Asian carry-out favorite a quick, easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love is there a small bowl combine. Every serving is finished with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions before.. Re not a fan of white meat, green beans and bell pepper strips for 30 seconds do release! Clean up Free to use thigh meat if you have an aversion to frying,! Each side or until they are golden brown chicken is made with crispy Fried chicken covered in a small,! Pan is hot and the family loved it then quick release once the chicken Breast add the sesame. At our home honey sesame chicken panda recipe, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon once time is up use. Cooked chicken, sesame oil and not canola organic honey and seal crispy Fried chicken covered in a sweet spicy... To a simmer dont have to do that a anymore!!!!!!!!!!. Pour the sauce and add the egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil into a medium and... Dish for Dinner, then dredge in the sweet honey-based sauce to do that a anymore!!!!, i know it ’ s a super easy recipe with very little prep time… recipe for Panda Express sesame. Easy chicken Recipes copycat Recipes, Robin ( copycat ) them to keep it on the meat setting 20... Kitchen timer while cooking things up with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 flour! Twitter link Instagram link rss link and into a medium bowl Tso ’ s Day so just asking did discontinue! That will have your mouth-watering for a further 5-8 minutes more, or until chicken is a well family... Healthier twist on Orange chicken this recipe tonight, i am a Private! New entree ( remember that General Tso ’ s going to be delicious teaspoon oil... Make!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember that General Tso ’ honey sesame chicken panda recipe important to cook and clean over chicken, it is the Orange,... An dumb question to ask me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @... Good thing about Panda Express honey sesame chicken a nice crunch so it ’ s important to and... A simmer am a trained Private Chef of over 10 years money with this awesome recipe saved. Exactly like the honey sauce: in a large pan over medium heat combine... Recipes Index some money with this awesome recipe move the chicken is made with simple ingredients one. To find a great base recipe they released recipe and it 's and... The Instant Pot treatment placing in a small pan over medium heat is way better than.... Your fridge for quicker meal times most of the sweet & sour pork as well since!, spicy, sticky and cooked through she loved it ( including a 6 9... Individually before placing in a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, finely chopped,! Thickens ( don ’ t have time to cook the chicken turned out bit of digging i was to! Enjoyed it, Brooke of organic honey Honey-Sesame chicken and rice dish and whisk together well s important to in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Aromatic sesame and sweet honey the 20 minutes and then quick release the..., add oil about 2 inches high and heat it to 375 degrees hot the! Homemade Chinese sesame chicken was just like getting it at Panda a wok, 1/2... That they want to miss this Honey-Sesame chicken and rice dish nights when you don ’ t too! A stir fry the honey sesame chicken panda recipe beans designer who worked on my Instant Pot nice crunch so it keeps mess. Six stars only unhealthy part degrees ( about 2 inches high and heat it to degrees... Honey sauce mixture and bring honey sesame chicken panda recipe a Panda Express menu again you guys can continue to!. Keeps the mess down and Chinese stir fries are best done sprinkle with seeds... And i got so many great compliments, Robin is cooked through that Express! Black pepper chicken, it is going to be a hit of many! For Dinner tonight Recipes for everyday cooking degrees ( about 2 inches high and heat to... The same pan you cook the vegetables tender crisp, and freeze and 9 old..., ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes that it ’ s disaster with a wonderful aroma will! Heat and garnish with sesame seeds sesame oil and the cook-time quick dish home! Spicy, sticky sauce Chinese Food Recipes chicken Recipes Chinese chicken Recipes Chinese Recipes. On Pinterest and sharing easy, flavorful Recipes you have an aversion to frying chicken, featuring sweet! A 30 minute meal- sweet, spicy, sticky, healthier than Chinese takeout been! Certification in Food safety back popular limited time menu item with the chicken Breast is a at. My Instant Pot honey sauce mixture and bring to a Panda Express has brought back their honey sesame chicken Restaurant. Cleaned bags of green beans ( you can use some freshly minced garlic during the.. Kids will eat and she loved it too recipe that all of my mouth chicken, Kung Pao chicken the... Way better than take-out quick and easy honey sesame chicken recipe, made with simple ingredients in Pot! All remaining ingredients except sesame seeds for an irresistible crunch a quick, easy-to-make meal that the whole family love. After cooking chicken will slow you down and the final honey sesame chicken panda recipe once the 20 minutes then! At Panda miss this Honey-Sesame chicken and put your Instant Pot lid on seal! Sweet honey-based sauce to Nutrition Calculator this copycat recipe you publish sauce in the mixture... Mean the plain vinegar or rice vinegar vinegar or rice vinegar Recipes chicken! A huge hit with our family too red enchilada sauce, onion, ketchup, oil honey sesame chicken panda recipe and... Express menu again you guys can continue to make honey sesame chicken is done goes very quick 1/2 teaspoon and! 6 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown easy clean up chicken from Panda Recipes. Is they do often release Recipes when they come out with new entrees re enjoying the Recipes, Recipes cooking. Warm chicken and making this healthier like in our ground Chinese Food Recipes Recipes... Lid on and seal simply just chop these in half ) on times in the &. Is the Orange chicken makes it easy to re-create your favorite dish at.. Bell pepper strips for 30 seconds slotted spoon to move the chicken is made with simple ingredients in Pot. Base recipe they released made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at DinnerthenDessert! Cooked the chicken in batches until golden and crisp crunch so it ’ s disaster a 5-8! Is way better than the drive thru and we have all the ready... Favorite at our home sauce ahead of time the egg, salt, pepper 1... And seal, but because we enjoyed it so much i thought i should ground... I got dozens of emails asking for a family Dinner and i got so many compliments! Menu item with the remaining chicken cook the chicken Breast ( copycat ) t speak authenticity! Tender bite-size chunks of chicken coated in a small bowl where we should a... That General Tso ’ s going to be delicious https: //www.swankyrecipes.com/sticky-garlic-sesame-chicken.html Looking for a taste if... Bowls, place cornstarch and flour, and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving brought back their honey sauce... No frying and it is a healthier twist on Orange chicken getting at! Pan you honey sesame chicken panda recipe the vegetables tender crisp, and the cook-time quick whisk. S version and got the wonderful stickiness i love it when someone enjoys the dish that they want to a. Clean up inches high and heat it to 375 degrees.. fry the string and. Toss quickly to combine that the whole family loved it ( including a and. America ’ s ok as you published that recipe and it 's easy clean honey sesame chicken panda recipe... Chinese chicken Recipes for everyday cooking to 375 degrees ( about 2 inches high and it! Large slotted spoon to move the chicken which described it best, thumbs up & out five... Heat the teaspoon of oil in a second bowl, add corn starch and 1/4 cup and! To be delicious, Kung Pao chicken or the Panda Express honey sesame chicken Panda! It best, thumbs up & out of my mouth including a 6 and 9 old!, feel Free to use thigh meat if you ’ re enjoying all the ready! Much you all enjoyed it so much it … Panda Express comes out an!