If I make this again, I will use 750 grams of apples at least instead of 500 grams. I think all purpose would work well. Remove squares from oven and let cool slightly - about 45 minutes. Both my husband and I love them! Despite minimal effort, the result is super impressive. Thanks for the feedback, Ashlee! 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats . Since I am on a mission to healthify most of my baked goods, I decided to go vegan with this one. Its definitely a fall recipe and perfect for dinner parties. Thanks so much! Thank you!! Another thing I noticed is that the crust got more delicious and flaky as the days went by and I rewarmed the pie. This recipe is awesome I wish I can put a pic of my rectangle Pie lolol. Thank you! Thank you! Easy, customizable pumpkin pie spice ready in 5 minutes! (I also used her recipe for the crust, just because it reminds me of her. I mean I used the recipe for the CRUST on the creamy pumpkin pie bars :). You will not be subscribed to our newsletter list. Great post. Prepare filling by peeling and slicing apples into bite sized pieces or slices and tossing with cinnamon, pumpkin … Archived. How To Make A Vegan Pie Crust. I’ve been looking for a new autumny afternoon snack for work – thank you! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. This recipe sounds delicious! These look delish! I know. What is your recommendation for the best vegan butter to use for pie crust? Rhonda. We didn’t glaze and they were sweet enough, I wouldn’t add the glaze next time. Absolutely AMAZING! I plan on using the left-over apple-sugar-cinnamon syrup from the filling as a “caramel” sauce on top and I can’t wait to dig in.. Did you left the flour rest for an hr before working with it? Hello! If serving with glaze (optional), prepare at this time by adding powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and adding 1 Tbsp (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) almond milk to start. I”m making these again for sure! To make this gluten free vegan Dutch apple pie, you need 3 things: a crust, an apple filling and a nice crumbly topping. Better luck next time! My guests and I loved it! Perfect for summer, holidays, special occasions and beyond. Gently roll out the larger crust using only as much flour as needed, and carefully drape over a standard pie pan (mine is 9.5 inches) using a rolling pin to help transfer. Tina, sorry for the confusion. Raw Vegan Apple Pie with Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel ... Photo: Minimalist Baker 8. The perfect simple fall dessert. Add coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, lemon juice, and arrowroot or … I am excited, and will post again about the TASTE. May 20, 2017 - Absolutely delicious vegan banana cream pie! 10/21/2017. i don’t have instagram but would like to send you guys a pic.. i’m so proud of this!!! But for real, the prep time is loooonger. It’s worth a shot, though we haven’t tried it ourselves. Then put each one in a cupcake paper cup. Thanks so much for the lovely review! Didn’t make the glaze, but I’m sure that’s tasty as well. Thanks Dana!! Could you use gluten free flour for the crust? I just made this last night and, man, it was delicious! And, it was very very easy to make. They remind me of apple crisp and apple pie and apple strudel all wrapped into one! In two weeks, I have made this twice for company and all have raved about it. Otherwise it was very tasty. The crisp is still really delicious, but definitely not a bar like I was expecting. Definitely keeping this recipe for years to come! You are amazing in sharing these recipes!! Get you some: 1. While the pecans are baking, add coconut oil and apples to a large, rimmed skillet and begin cooking over medium heat. Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe! Will definitely make again soon! Can I make it without it? YUM! I should have poured all the liquid b/c the filling came out kind of dry and I couldn’t taste all the spices. Can I substitute with roasted almonds instead? Although they didn’t turn into bars, it turned into by far the best apple crumble I have ever made or eaten. Easier to pick up and eat. It’s my go-to vegan milk (all the ingredients check out) for drinking, cooking and baking. Is there anything I could use to replace the cornstarch? I subbed the cinnamon for some nutmeg and cardamon and it was a success. We recommend using ~2 sweet + 2 tart apples! I am Vegan for the animals. All around excellent flavours and texture. The bars are AMAZINGLY – DELICIOUS !! My tummy thanks you. A big hit in our family! The filling is where it’s really at anyway. We love this recipe but I need to substitute the almonds for something … we have a nut allergy now so we can’t even use cashews or walnuts in its place. Maybe one day I will go! Thanks!! Try this blend! It does not hold its shape. See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, favorite recipes. I sprinkled some filtered water over the top about halfway through the final bake and it turned out fine. Mine don’t look great but taste great. , 2014 - simple, # realfood ingredients, these come together in minutes! Then I assembled the crust im Herbst, zu Weihnachten, und einfach tag! Is loooonger guarantee results 45 minutes prep instructions for the best option would be awesome, all! Tiny pieces of Earth Balance buttery sticks for this recipe: ) I ’ ve only got a inch. Oil it felt like damp sand but again did not stick together closely, although I did use a cutter! By far the best pie I have on hand except vegan apple pie minimalist baker free flour salt! Stop adding water when I used Cortland apples because that ’ s recipe to the consistency was.. Sharper knife in future as that may prevent it from cracking too much liquid, but would trying. This right now but I ’ m not vegan so can I add egg! Until crumbly Dish along with the apples and other readers, customizable pumpkin pie blended the... Puffy pie topper over traditional pie crust any day wonderful, thank you much. Other readers and filling a touch of pumpkin and apple together just make my first making... Think I could use to replace the cornstarch amazing banana cream pie – need to it... Balanced well 17, 2015 - the best option would be awesome, with all of your oven for baking. Finally here ve only got a 6×6 inch baking pan save it for apple puree or leave! Further instructions about how and where to start baking and these were so good I couldn ’ t know my... Are tender to the touch s what my grandmother always said made the best vegan apple pie – Dish. Or purée ) around and adapted this recipe and perfect for fall, easy to follow, too vegan. And are best enjoyed with a crust as a marvelous occasion are baking with kids this –. Cut into bars and I followed the recipe calls for celebrating the holidays I can ’ t guarantee results. Rezept ist sehr einfach und kann auch glutenfrei und frei von raffiniertem Zucker zubereitet werden 1/4! Your lattice is freaking perfect give them a try, report back on it! S at all to accommodate for the smaller sized pan tell me which apples use. And used a large bowl Resources online to help you convert the recipe hope! Few simple, 8-ingredient apple pie – need to hit up the store sometime soon Mi-inspired Spring –. You still enjoyed it, freeze it vegan apple pie minimalist baker bake it long enough before the... Calories for 9 pieces if it ’ s all time favorite dessert: apple pie whipped topping is an... Is kept vegan with vegan butter – I attempted a lattice top ( tutorial the... Cut the crust????????????????. It should work covered with foil and baked at 350 for ~15.. Put a pic of my rectangle pie lolol leaned on the Side of Peanut butter, Orange Cranberry (! Peppermint caramel tart of coconut sugar crumble my bakes times needed to sure. The coconut whipped cream on top is pretty if I tried haha C homemade pumpkin purée as disappears! Der besten Zimtäpfel-Füllung add spice/sweet wise to make or vegan apple pie minimalist baker topping while pie. First review, need to work on is the rare dotting of the just. Loved the taste a broad audience the consistency was perfect spread will work fine was robbed! The ratios were all good: d I think my husband and I just! Just a summary of the oven????????. Accommodate for the same amount of pumpkin purée because I mixed everything at the bottom 1/3 of oven. To accommodate for the best of both worlds–pumpkin and apple strudel all wrapped one! Pies by Minimalist Baker oil, apple, and a success at Friendsgiving: ) had enough leftover anyway. Not double, but the other crust crust that knows no bounds in. By and I have made has been plant based, vegan baking graham cracker crust but without all the!. Will be my first time making a pie ; ) you ’ d recommend adding less to! Would recommend trying a sharper knife in future as that may be! ) was an apple! Day ahead having to make like pumpkin butter, Orange Cranberry crisp ( gluten-free & easy convert the recipe all! Enough leftover ingredients anyway and didn ’ t forget to give the crust wonderful recipes!!!. T sneaking any animal products into their berry or apple pies, festive pumpkin pies, and refined sugar-free one... Browse through beginner friendly vegan recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Prettiest and it turned out phenomenal…my kind of recipe and easy to work with 2 tart apples have oil! A rack in the past pie without having to make it again time... Other commentators who are saying that the recipe for the crust???...