Working in batches, add the fennel slices to the pan and season with sea salt and black pepper. Oct 23, 2015 - I've been on a bit of a fennel kick lately: not that I would ever consider the dreaded "D" word, but it's nice to have something crisp and fresh and sweet yet mildly grassy after the excesses of the holidays. Taking to Instagram and Pinterest, I got a few ideas. Slice fennel into thin slices (about half a centimetre). Jul 23, 2017 - Fennel is used a lot in Italian cooking. Dice the potatoes, place on sheet pan with smoked paprika, chipotle powder, salt, pepper and olive oil and roast for 30 mins. Gradually add oil, processing until well-combined and paste-like. olive oil ; 2 tsp. I’m so going to be doing this — thanks so much. The fronds are great used in salads as a […] Take care to break up the sausage into small pieces with your spatula. Stir well and place in an airtight jar. 3) Reduce heat to low and add white wine to deglaze pan. feathery fronds from 1 large fennel bulb, washed and shaken dry; about 1 cup salt, a mixture of coarse, fine and flaky types; METHODS. Candied Fennel Fronds: Inspired by the French art of candying the herb angelica, I will make an attempt at this. Heat a large frypan on medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Sweet Potato Skin Tacos with Chipotle Yogurt and Farro. It is a great simple recipe that will leave you with a wonderful condiment that you will find excuses to put on almost everything. Pour the hot liquid over the fennel. Yields about ¾ cup candied fennel. Recent Post: Meat and Potatoes Chili. When you make pesto. Carefully remove the fronds from the stalks of the fennel and place in one layer on two baking trays. Recent Post: Mango Coconut and Champagne Trifle. Collect the leaves, not stems of your fennel, wash and spin dry, then pat dry in a clean towel so that you can toast them, as opposed to steaming them. Cured Salmon Crostini w/ Fennel Frond Yoghurt An 8oz of Smoke or Salt cured Salmon will make 8 appetizer portions at 1oz each Ingredients: 8oz of Smoke or Salt cured Salmon 1 Thin French Baguette, sliced into thin crostini sized pieces 1 cucumber, sliced into … . In a bowl, toss the fennel slices with the salt. Luckily, our fennel is bought from our local farmers market, fronds and all. Homemade Herbed Salts! Your email address will not be published. Stir in the ginger, … Along with your fennel and kale, you’ve got apples, dried apricots, onion, cashews, and a super simple lemon vinegarette! Fennel is used a lot in Italian cooking. This salad is a perfect mixture of crunchy, sweet and savory with a nice tartness from the vinegarette. This post may contain affiliate links. 15 Minutes Fettucine in Fennel Frond Pesto. Enjoy! Fennel Frond Pesto in Basil Oil. Fennel Frond Pesto requires just a handful of ingredients you will likely have on hand, and you end up with a great freezer friendly pesto to use wherever you would use a normal pesto. Heat over medium-high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned. Great idea! INGREDIENTS. A handful of ingredients and you have a completely delicious and freezer friendly pesto … I received fennel inside my Misfits Market box (more on the box below). Ingredients. For more ideas about what to do with the pesto, read this post. River Salt Caramels announcing The Sweet Swap! 14 Printer-Friendly Version. 50 fennel recipes for fronds in need. Crunchy and sweet fennel is absolutely delicious in salads. Enjoy these creative and simple recipes to enjoy and preserve the Maya's Farm Fennel in your CSA bag. Jul 23, 2017 - Fennel is used a lot in Italian cooking. Chop fennel fronds and mix them with garlic and other herbs. Surprisingly, I hadn't even heard of fennel frond pesto until shortly before this post! Fennel Frond Salt. Join me over on YouTube for weekly videos as I continue on my journey to live a more Sustainable Lifestyle. Add the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pound with a pestle until a paste forms. Mix panko, rice flour, five spice powder, salt and pepper together in a medium shallow bowl.Mix egg and water together in another bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a 350F oven for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly toasted, but not browning. Keep the skins. Personal Chef and Catering Services In the bowl of a food processor, combine fennel fronds, garlic cloves, nuts, salt, and cheese (if using). In marinades. Enjoy these Delicious and Inspiring Simple Flavor Enhancing Recipes with Fennel originally published on LocalKitchenBlog January 17, 2014 Candied Fennel Stalks + Fennel Frond Salt by LocalKitchenBlog Fennel is Delicious, Beneficial and In Season!