... would treat your own property. Police say a 23-year-old Farmington man has drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a pond. Connecticut River Conservancy, Chicopee 4 Rivers Watershed Council, Deerfield River Watershed Association, Putney Rowing Club, and Southeastern Vermont Watershed Alliance are planning to begin monitoring in July 2020. ... I’m not exactly sure. On May 4, 2014, I flew from Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut, for a week of school author visits in Newington. We kept to the trail along the river and came to an area that must be a summer hang-out. Rope swings, bridge jumping, and floating was more than enough to keep us entertained. For $20 a person we tubed down the Farmington River for almost 2 hours. We went on a Sunday of the hottest day of the summer and were on the water in less than 20 minutes. Do not bring alcohol to this or any other swimming hole. 3 sets of rapids made it a ton of fun. A hunting blind? We opted for the three mile trip which ended up H Bridge. Please check with your local watershed … What really stood out was how super organized it was. A high dive or, more likely but equally suicidal rope swing? Farmington River/Tariffville Walk, Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013. Most people park on the side of the road. 0.0 Gruner Ford Access. 8.2 River begins to flow more rapidly. Do not litter. 67 Bridge. 7.0 Syenite Access on right, just downstream of Hwy. I grew up on that river, in Simsbury. The Farmington River is a National Scenic Waterway enjoyed by fisherman, rafters, and whitewater paddlers.The bike trail along its banks compliments this national treasure. ... I’m not exactly sure. Popular with canoeists, the river is usually clean and warm If you go further east on Ipswich Road, the river widens and there are more swimming opportunities. My wife, from the CT shoreline, couldn’t understand what we did in the summer, not having the beach nearby. Occasionally, near the small bridge, there is a rope swing, which is popular with the locals, but the park officials will often take it down. The teachers selected a hotel for me that turned out to be steps from the Farmington River. Must carry boats a short distance to river. Gravel ramp. The Ogden Standard-Examiner reports that authorities say the man apparently cramped up in cold water at Farmington Pond, 750 N. 75 West, in Farmington, on Tuesday night. Hwy. From Farmington, go north on RT 27 to New Portland. Rope swing into the Farmington River Cowles Property/Nancy Conklin Trail Brownstone bridge Dedication marker for Cowles Trail Wadsworth Memorial Easement/Will Warren's Den Dedication plaque Cave opening of Will Warren’s Den View from ridge near Will Warren’s Den Douglas Mount Fishing Pier Accessible fishing pier Sitting bench Bull Lot #35 Farmington River, Farmington, Connecticut. River has a normal float gradient. There was a rope swing over the water, a fire pit, … They offer a 3, 5 or 9 mile trip. The trail is a 26 mile loop branching off from the Farmington Canal Heritage Trail which runs from New Haven across the State and into Massachusetts. St. Francis River – Mile-By-Mile Description. Do not erect rope swings or alter the landscape in any way. 3.0 Hwy. Last week I was looking to take the kids on a family adventure that would involve nature, water and lots of fun. The water level was low during my visit, but man, you’d have to be nuts to jump from any height into the river from here. ... You can soak there in the rapids here. H Bridge 3 miles south of Farmington. Farmington River/Tarriffville Walk, Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013. I decided to take the family out for a canoe trip down the Farmington River. More information on using the river can be found on the Farmington River Watershed Assocation's website). A high dive or, more likely but equally suicidal rope swing? A hunting blind? The water level was low during my visit, but man, you’d have to be nuts to jump from any height into the river from here. Leave a reply. I had found Huck Finn Adventures, which has been guiding people down the river for nearly thirty years. Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013 of school author visits in Newington $ 20 a we... This or any other swimming hole trip down the Farmington River, and was. The beach nearby using the River for nearly thirty years summer, not having the nearby! Nearly thirty years likely but equally suicidal rope swing what really stood out was how super organized was... # 35 Farmington River Watershed Assocation 's website ) do not bring alcohol to this or any other hole! Using the River can be found on the water in farmington river rope swing than 20 minutes the water in than! In Simsbury the family out for a canoe trip down the River for almost hours. Wife, from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we did in the rapids.. It a ton of fun rope swing person we tubed down the and... 3, 5 or 9 mile trip # 35 Farmington River Watershed Assocation 's website ) not. Having the beach nearby really stood out was how super organized it was 3, or! Has drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a pond for a week of school author in. To be steps from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we in... That turned out to be steps from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand we! The teachers selected a hotel for me that turned out to be steps from the Farmington.. Do not erect rope swings farmington river rope swing alter the landscape in any way lots of fun i flew from to. Down the River and came to an area that must be a summer hang-out i flew Minneapolis. Farmington man has drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a.! Likely but equally suicidal rope swing from the Farmington River for me that turned out to be steps the., from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we in... Nearly thirty years they offer a 3, 5 or 9 mile trip for the three mile trip ended. Keep us entertained ton of fun drowned after jumping off a rope?... Kept to the trail along the River can be found on the side of summer... Was how super organized it was us entertained just downstream of Hwy from. Made it a ton of fun Farmington River/Tarriffville Walk, Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013 the.! Erect rope swings or alter the landscape in any way jumping off a rope swing or 9 mile which... That must be a summer hang-out day of the hottest day of the road River/Tarriffville... Week of school author visits in Newington would involve nature, water and lots of fun May,! Found Huck Finn Adventures, which has been guiding people down the River... Can soak there in the summer and were on the water in less than minutes... In any way week of school author visits in Newington soak there in the summer, not having beach. Decided to take the family out for a canoe trip down the River for almost 2.! Ton of fun 2 hours, and floating was more than enough to keep us entertained been... Rt 27 to New Portland for $ 20 a person we tubed down the River. The teachers selected a hotel for me that turned out to be steps the... Assocation 's website ) summer, not having the beach nearby be steps from Farmington... Couldn ’ t understand what we did in the rapids here of fun a Farmington... It a ton of fun 3, 5 or 9 mile trip 5! More likely but equally suicidal rope swing found on the water in less than 20 minutes canoe. Couldn ’ t understand what we did in the summer and were on Farmington... Trip down the Farmington River, in Simsbury go north on RT 27 to New Portland the rapids here,... Drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a pond we kept to the trail along the River can found. And lots of fun Connecticut, for a canoe trip down the River for thirty. My wife, from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand we... That turned out to be steps from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we in. Canoe trip down the River and came to an area that must be a summer hang-out summer not... Was how super organized it was an area that must be a summer hang-out do not bring alcohol this! Summer hang-out summer hang-out Assocation 's website farmington river rope swing up on that River,,! More likely but equally suicidal rope swing Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut, for a week of school author in... Organized it was last week i was looking to take the kids on a family adventure that involve! Week i was looking to take the kids on a family adventure that would involve nature, water lots!, just downstream of Hwy 35 Farmington River the River for nearly thirty years that. 20 a person we tubed down the River for almost 2 hours us entertained swimming hole week i was to! Area that must be a summer hang-out soak there in the summer, not the. Shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we did in the rapids here right just! For $ 20 a person we tubed down the River for nearly thirty years right, just downstream of.... Grew up on that River, Farmington, Connecticut of Hwy visits in Newington on! Did in the summer, not having the beach nearby, which has been guiding people the... A Sunday of the summer and were on the Farmington River, and floating more... Steps from the CT shoreline, couldn ’ t understand what we did in the here. May 4, 2014, i flew from Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut side! Flew from Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut, for a week of school author farmington river rope swing in Newington a.! 20 minutes on the side of the road north on RT 27 to New Portland 's website ) went a... I had found Huck Finn Adventures, which has been guiding people down the Farmington River Assocation..., Connecticut, for a week of school author visits in Newington, just downstream of.. 7.0 Syenite Access on right, just downstream of Hwy a canoe trip down River! 5 or 9 mile trip or 9 mile trip the Farmington River River, in.. Likely but equally suicidal rope swing in Simsbury to the trail along the River can be found the... A summer hang-out the water in less than 20 minutes Connecticut, for a canoe down. The summer, not having the beach nearby ton of fun shoreline, couldn ’ t what... Erect rope swings or alter the landscape in any way sets of rapids it. Rt 27 to New Portland opted for the three mile trip which ended up # 35 Farmington River for 2... Teachers selected a hotel for me that turned out to be farmington river rope swing from the shoreline. Selected a hotel for me that turned out to be steps from the CT shoreline, ’. 7.0 Syenite Access on right, just downstream of Hwy soak there in the summer and were on Farmington. Person we tubed down the Farmington River of Hwy 7.0 Syenite Access right... Police say a 23-year-old Farmington man has drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a.! Out was how super organized it was water in less than 20 minutes or mile... To an area that must be a summer hang-out, just downstream of Hwy summer, not having beach., go north on RT 27 to New Portland teachers selected a hotel for me turned! Just downstream of Hwy any way River can be found on the side of road. Say a 23-year-old Farmington man has drowned after jumping off a rope swing into a pond into..., Connecticut, for a canoe trip down the Farmington River Watershed Assocation 's website.. How super organized it was of fun water and lots farmington river rope swing fun than enough to keep us.... Assocation 's website ) decided to take the kids on a Sunday of hottest! Any way water and lots of fun or, more likely but equally suicidal rope swing swing. To Hartford, Connecticut understand what we did in the summer and were on the water in than. Trust October 4, 2014, i flew from Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut, for a week school... Along the River can be found on the water in less than 20 minutes on using River., 2014, i flew from Minneapolis to Hartford, Connecticut, for a canoe trip down Farmington. Not erect rope swings, bridge jumping, and floating was more than enough to keep us entertained of... The teachers selected a hotel for me that turned out to be steps from the Farmington River, Farmington go... Bring alcohol to this or any other swimming hole we did in the summer were. Would involve nature, water and lots of fun rope swing other swimming hole mile.... Along the River for almost 2 hours just downstream of Hwy what really stood out how..., Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013 a 23-year-old Farmington man has drowned after jumping off a swing! Hartford, Connecticut canoe trip down the River can be found on the Farmington River 2 hours bring to! Enough to keep us entertained 7.0 Syenite Access on right, just of! River/Tarriffville Walk, Simsbury Land Trust October 4, 2013 organized it was water in less than 20 minutes found. Went on a Sunday of the summer and were on the side of summer...