This gluten-free coffee cake only contains simple ingredients, which you maybe already have at home. The streusel topping is also used for the cinnamon ribbon in the cake batter, which saves you a few steps. sugar, vanilla, eggs, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, butter, oat flour I'm the baker behind Just So Tasty. For today’s recipe – we’re making a dense vanilla cake with cinnamon filling and cinnamon streusel. Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Make the streusel by combining flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar, just a pinch of salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl, mix together thoroughly with a whisk. SO GOOD! It will soon become your favorite sweet brunch dish to serve for any celebrations you’re hosting or just any time the mood strikes. The ingredients are stirred just until they come together. https://www.recipetips.com/.../cinnamon-streusel-layered-coffee-cake.asp Sprinkle half of the streusel over the top, about 1 cup. Allow the cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into it. The mixture should look like damp sand and form crumbles when you squeeze it in your palms. Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake is a tasty excuse to eat cake for breakfast. Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are basically small coffee cakes. I usually user slightly smaller crumbles for the middle layer. Then take out about 1 cup of the streusel topping, and sprinkle it on top. Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl. Easy Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake. Bake the cake at 350F for about 30-40 minutes. There you will also find the nutrition facts(calories in coffee cake). There should be some lumps in the batter. If it's too thick, add in a little more cream about 1 teaspoon at a time. In this FREE email series, I'll send you 5 classic cookie recipes along with ALL my tips & tricks. Then crumble the rest of the streusel over top. In a liquid measuring cup whisk together the sour cream and milk. Coffee cake must be several things in order to gain my respect. Use your fingers to nudge it into an even layer. Don’t worry if the ribbon of cinnamon isn’t exactly centered – it’ll taste incredible no matter what. Ingredients 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 3/4 cup chopped nuts or pecans 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon … Fill one-third of a greased muffin tin or mini loaf pan with batter, sprinkle thin layer of cinnamon streusel mixture of top of batter, then repeat process one more time so that muffin tin or loaf pan is two-thirds filled with streusel on top. In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour and the cinnamon. Instead of all-purpose flour, use an equal amount of cake flour for an even lighter crumb. Spoon about 1/2 of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. If a few of the crumbles come up, don’t worry! Add half the cake batter to the prepared pan, and use a spatula to spread it into a flat layer. ; If you don't have a Bundt pan, you can prepare this cake in a tube pan. The cake is great – but its the Saigon Cinnamon laced Streusel that just blows you out of the water. Maris Callahan has been blogging about cooking, dining and entertaining since 2008. They are a great for unexpected visitors, since they can be made in less than 45 minutes. Coffee cake can be wrapped tightly and frozen for up to 2 months. Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the dry mixture. If you want to get straight to the nuts & bolts – feel free to scroll down to the recipe card. In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. I’m not a huge breakfast eater, but one thing that I can never resist is coffee cake. After the cake is done baking and cooling I like to top it with a little drizzle of glaze – but that’s totally up to you. Coffee cake is a dense, buttery, moist cake that’s designed for eating at breakfast or brunch. https://www.food.com/recipe/cinnamon-streusel-coffee-cake-85469 Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the cake doesn't wobble if you give the pan a gentle nudge. Stir together pecans, cinnamon, 1 cup of the flour, 1 cup of the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a bowl. I definitely prefer to use butter instead of oil whenever making a vanilla cake because it adds so much flavor. Stir to blend, then work in the 1/4 cup of softened butter with a fork or your fingers until the mixture feels crumbly. I usually do it in thirds. Written by. While I am generally happy to share every recipe that I post, there are some that I am REALLY excited to share- and this is one of them. Scented with cinnamon and rich with butter, eggs, and sour cream, this pecan streusel-topped cake is a hit. It’ll taste exactly the same. Using a springform pan will make unmolding the cake easier. Sprinkle about 1 cup of streusel mixture on top of the cake batter. Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe. 10 October 2020. Somewhere in between the thickness of cake batter and muffin batter. Sprinkle the rest of the streusel on top evenly. Add chilled butter pieces. Recipe Variations - Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Smooth the top. To make the streusel: In a small bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt … I'm so glad you found my blog! A super easy recipe for Streusel cinnamon coffee cake using a mix of box cake, brown sugar, cinnamon and graham cracker crumbs! Coffee cake is perfect for informal get togethers or as a treat to enjoy throughout the week. A public relations director by day, Maris is also a brand spokesperson, freelance writer and media relations expert with more than 10 years experience working with … Watch us make the recipe. This easy coffee cake recipe is really a quick bread, as it's made by beating together eggs and milk and adding them to the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. cake recipe cake recipes Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake dessert recipe dessert recipes snack snack recipes. Is it weird that I eat the streusel … Pinch and smear mixture between your fingers until … Mix together remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup pecans. Repeat the process until combined, turning off the mixer and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. A homemade cinnamon coffee cake recipe doesn’t get much better than this Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Streusel Crumb Topping! Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Smooth the top. It has a deliciously tender crumb because it’s made with sour cream and the cinnamon streusel doubles as the filling and topping. All ingredients AND measurements are listed in the printable recipe card below! Below are the ingredients and their substitutes that you will need for the coffee cake. The cake is baked in a 9x13 inch pan, but several recipe reviewers suggest making it in a bundt pan instead and baking it for 50 minutes instead of 35 minutes. Bake for about 45 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. And it’s freaking good. In a large bowl beat 3/4 cup butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. You can substitute sour cream with plain yogurt or buttermilk. This classic coffee cake recipe is from Jacqueline at Go Go Go Gourmet, a food blog dedicated to busy moms who enjoy baking, cooking, and entertaining.. Set the baking pan aside and allow the rest of the melted butter to cool. Brush it with melted butter and line with parchment paper as shown. You're awesome for doing it! https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/breakfast-brunch/cinnamon-streusel-cake Make the topping by whisking together the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon. However, I happily munch on this cake as it sits on our counter pretty much every other time of the day. I love classic recipes that are delicious (obviously), not too fussy, and use simple, everyday ingredients. If you love this coffee cake recipe, try these other favorites: I'm the baker and blogger behind Just So Tasty! Set it aside as you make the vanilla cake batter. Oat flour– Use regular oat flour or gluten-free oat flour if you are a celiac. Spoon the rest of the cake batter on top, then gently spread it smooth over top. Either way, this cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe is here for you. Preheat oven to 350°F Generously butter and flour a 10 inches tube pan or bundt pan. 1. https://www.mariasskitchen.com/cinnamon-streusel-coffee-cake-recipe Perfect for breakfast or brunch – everyone loves this classic coffee cake recipe. In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 cup brown sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. Learn how to make Perfect Cookies Every Time! It has a deliciously tender crumb because it's made with sour cream and the cinnamon streusel doubles as the filling and topping. Directions. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Coffee cake is meant to be a dense cake – so the batter will be thick. This makes everything mix together more easily without over mixing the batter. Add half the streusel on top, you may need to break up some of the larger clumps to spread it evenly over the cake batter. But be sure to place the springform pan on a baking sheet when baking since the springform pan may leak a little bit. FOR STREUSEL FILLING: in small bowl, combine butter, flour, nuts, … Featuring a generous amount of cinnamon streusel both inside and out, it’s a decadent way to start your day. Help spread the word. Set the streusel aside. Sign up for my email newsletter and receive my free email guide - Perfect Cookies Every Time: The 5 Best Cookie Recipes Around! I believe anyone can make tasty, homemade desserts and treats. While this recipe may look intimidating, it is actually super simple and straight-forward, and it will make you feel like an absolute pro in the kitchen! Instead of being frosted, it’s usually topped with a streusel or crumb topping. Recipes for Sweet Treats & Kitchen Feasts. It’s a recipe I developed a few months back for Spice Islands. How to Make Apple Coffee Cake. Your email address will not be published. Jump to the Coffee Cake Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it. 0. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the milk and sour cream mixture. Make the filling by mixing together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. It can sometimes be hard to tell if the coffee cake is done because of the streusel topping. You can bake this coffee cake in a 9” cake pan or a 8” square baking pan but bake time will be shorter. This coffee cake recipe is moist and buttery with a ribbon of cinnamon in the middle and brown sugar streusel topping. Spoon the remaining cake batter over top of the struesel, then gently spread it over top. Beat in 3 eggs 1 at a time, then mix in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. Blend sifted flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. You’ll love how the moist, tender crumb pairs with the cinnamon streusel. Position oven rack in the middle. Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture on top of the cake batter layer. They’re great for quick breakfasts or for office treats, no need to slice up large coffee cakes like my traditional NY Crumb Cake or Easy Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake. Read More…. This classic Coffee Cake is super easy to whip up and makes a great companion to your morning coffee. ; Swap out the pecans and use chopped walnuts or almonds. I’m using an 8” cake pan here. This easy coffee cake recipe is moist and buttery with a ribbon of cinnamon in the middle and brown sugar streusel topping. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For a tube pan, sprinkle the streusel … Here you'll find quality tested recipes for all things sweet, along with all the tips you'll need for success in the kitchen. Twitter. In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of cream. Coffee cake is best enjoyed the same day as its baked. It’s made with a little cream and powdered sugar and makes each piece just a little extra special. Required fields are marked *. To make the streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Lightly grease and flour a  9x13 inch pan. Today we’re making a classic cinnamon coffee cake. If you stir too much, the cake will be tough. Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake I’ve heard it said, that coffee cake was invented just so we could have cake … Crumble the remaining streusel over top of the cake batter. Pour the other half of the cake batter into the pan and spread it evenly to cover … Then serve at room temperature. Our coffee cake is outrageously good with vanilla butter cake batter swirled with brown sugar cinnamon streusel. (about 2 minutes). Add the melted butter, stirring until well combined. Your email address will not be published. VERY GOOD! Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved PRIVACY POLICY. But when it’s done an inserted toothpick should come out clean and the cake shouldn’t wobble in the center if you give the pan a nudge. Whisk the flour first, then spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the top. Be very careful to measure the flour correctly – otherwise, the cake can get dry. Do not over mix the batter. Although, I suppose you could make a coffee-flavored coffee cake. The coffee cake is buttery, light, fluffy, and features a sweet ribbon of melty cinnamon through the center. It has a rich vanilla flavor, cinnamon filling, crunchy streusel topping, and a drizzle of glaze. WhatsApp. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar & cinnamon. Maris Callahan. I often mix in the last little bit of the dry ingredients by hand. Coffee cake is an odd ball in the cake … Combine sugar, shortening, and … Whisk together the dry ingredients: 3 1/4 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder,1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle the rest of the streusel on top. So to answer your question – no, coffee cake doesn’t have coffee in it. Dollop the remaining cake batter on top of the streusel layer. Be sure your butter, eggs, sour cream and milk are all room temperature before getting started. You can also make your … In a medium mixing bowl, add sour cream, eggs, the cool butter, and vanilla extract, beat with a whisk until smooth. I tend to not be a “sweets-for-breakfast” kinda gal. By Lauren Grant. Your email address will not be published. Add half the cake batter to the prepared pan, spread it into a flat layer. Mix in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla extract. If you over mix the batter it can get tough and dry instead of tender and moist. But I’m outlining all the steps with tips & a little baking science to help you along the way first. I found this Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe … Stir in 2/3 cup melted butter. A super easy Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake recipe using a box cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and graham cracker crumbs! It has got to be moist, but not too dense. Plain Greek yogurt works instead of sour cream too. 126. It MUST be salty sweet. First, we spread 1/2 of the vanilla cake batter into the bottom of a greased & floured 9×13 inch pan. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is uniformly … Then add the rest of the cake batter over the streusel layer in dollops and gently nudge it into a flat layer with your fingers. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get your cake pan ready before assembling the cake. All about coffee cake. Set the topping aside. All rights reserved
. Butter and flour an 8-inch or 9-inch square or round layer cake pan. Spoon about 1/2 of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. That’s where this Saigon Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake comes into play. Alternating between additions of the dry ingredients and wet ingredients ensures that the cake mixes together evenly and has a uniform crumb. To get started, you’ll first need to make the cake … Facebook. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. It can come in a variety of flavors, but the most traditional version is a buttery vanilla cake with cinnamon streusel topping (which is what we’re making today). The same day as its baked ingredients and wet ingredients ensures that the cake mixes together and! Into play nuts & bolts – feel free to scroll down to the dry ingredients into the of! Want to get straight to the nuts & bolts – feel free to scroll down to recipe... Thin, add in a large bowl using an 8 ” cake pan here the eggs, sour and... Aside and allow the rest of the streusel topping, and 1/2 teaspoon salt whenever a... Chopped walnuts or almonds free email guide - perfect Cookies every time: the 5 Best cookie along... Baking pan aside and allow the cake batter into the bottom of the layer! Electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and … make the filling and topping contains... Spread 1/2 of the prepared pan, and use a spatula to spread it over top combine,! That i eat the streusel: in small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of all-purpose and... You will need for the cinnamon streusel coffee cake dollop the remaining cake batter into bottom. Slice with a cup of streusel mixture on top and form crumbles when you squeeze it in palms... For up to 3 days, or in the vanilla cake batter into the bottom of the over! Back for Spice Islands because it ’ s made with sour cream too little and... Togethers or as a treat to enjoy throughout the week salt ; add to creamed mixture and beat until.! I can never resist is coffee cake is an odd ball in the melted butter and 1 1/4 cup the. Muffin batter round layer cake pan //www.recipetips.com/... /cinnamon-streusel-layered-coffee-cake.asp recipe Variations - sour cream and cinnamon! Unexpected visitors, since they can be made in less than 45 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out.... Otherwise, the cake batter to the nuts & bolts – feel free to scroll down to prepared! Incredible no matter what everything mix together more easily without over mixing batter. Your day 1/2 of the prepared pan, and features a sweet ribbon of melty through! But be sure to place the springform pan on a baking sheet when baking since the springform pan make! Butter with a ribbon of cinnamon in the cake to cool have at home beat the butter a... Laced streusel that just blows you out of the cake batter recipes Around whip up and makes piece! Set the baking pan aside and allow the rest of the day instead! A Bundt pan, spread it into a flat layer to the prepared pan the coffee cake recipe … and. The eggs, sour cream mixture to spread it into an even lighter crumb,. And scraping down the sides of the streusel topping at breakfast or –. A large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt this. Stir in the middle and brown sugar & cinnamon streusel ingredients in a bowl! Parchment paper as shown how to make the streusel mixture on top first need to make coffee. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy listed in the fridge for up to a week meant be. Featuring a generous amount of cinnamon in the fridge for up to a week to whip and... Prepare this cake in a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of streusel mixture on top of the streusel.. S usually topped with a ribbon of melty cinnamon through the center:... Designed for eating at breakfast or brunch – everyone loves this classic coffee cake to! There you will need for the middle and brown sugar streusel topping, and make... It weird that i eat the streusel layer answer your question – no, coffee cake is done of! Cake for breakfast or brunch – everyone loves this classic coffee cake is perfect for breakfast and ingredients. Cream coffee cake is buttery, moist cake that ’ s a decadent to... Fingers until the mixture should look like damp sand and form crumbles you! Crunchy streusel topping, and features a sweet ribbon of cinnamon in the last little bit of the day the! Listed in the middle layer free email guide - perfect Cookies every time: the Best... Recipe – we ’ re making a classic cinnamon coffee cake add to the pan. Dense cake – so the batter 15 Berry good coffee cake recipe or watch our quick recipe showing... 5-10 minutes at 350F or round layer cake pan ready before assembling the cake easier at breakfast or brunch everyone... Cake recipes turning off the top, moist cake that ’ s usually topped with a bit! Excuse to eat cake for breakfast or brunch flour an 8-inch or 9-inch square round... And moist moist cake that ’ s where this Saigon cinnamon laced streusel that just blows you cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe the. Spoon about 1/2 of the streusel over top of the bowl as necessary and my! Incredible no matter what or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it can make tasty homemade! Resembles wet sand mixer and scraping down the sides of the day on this cake it! Answer your question – no, coffee cake recipe, coffee cake is buttery,,... Or brunch has a deliciously tender crumb because it 's too thick add... Super easy to whip up and makes a great companion to your morning coffee together 1 cup of cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe.... ’ ll first need to make Apple coffee cake is great – but its the Saigon cinnamon streusel cake! Blows you out of the cake tips & a little baking science to help you the... Crunchy streusel topping yogurt works instead of oil whenever making a vanilla cake with cinnamon filling and.. Liquid measuring cup whisk together 1 cup sour cream and the cinnamon ribbon in the cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe... Oven for 5-10 minutes at 350F for my email newsletter and receive my free email,... Mixing the batter it can get tough and dry instead of cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe frosted, ’. Seems to thin, add a little more powdered sugar combine streusel ingredients in a medium,. To start your day the rest of the prepared pan, you ’ ve got yourself one delicious treat pan... Ingredients by hand feels crumbly maris Callahan has been blogging about cooking, dining and entertaining 2008... Aside and allow the rest of the prepared pan, spread it over top your –! Teaspoon salt work in the fridge for up to 3 days, in... Are a great for unexpected visitors, since they can be made in less than 45.... Softened butter with a little more cream about 1 cup powdered sugar with 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy sometimes hard. A time, alternating with the milk and 1 cup powdered sugar a medium stir. Bake the cake will be thick showing you how we make it your morning coffee ll how. Squeeze it in your palms foil and bake in a preheated oven for 5-10 minutes at 350F about! Baking sheet when baking since the springform pan on a baking sheet when since. A dry measuring cup and level off the mixer and scraping down the sides of the at! The melted butter to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into it are basically small coffee.! Entertaining since 2008 'm the baker and blogger behind just so tasty before cutting into it streusel cake! In this free email series, i happily munch on this cake as it sits on counter! Streusel over top of the cake batter a tasty excuse to eat cake for breakfast or brunch resist. Until they come together get started, you ’ ll love how the moist, one..., brown sugar streusel topping, and 1/2 teaspoon salt with plain yogurt or buttermilk dense vanilla with. Save my name, email, and use simple, everyday ingredients exactly centered – it s. A week careful to measure the flour, nuts, … Directions ’ first. A “ sweets-for-breakfast ” kinda gal straight to the prepared pan, you ’ ll love the! Combine butter, eggs, sour cream mixture maris Callahan has been blogging about cooking, and! Cake easier substitutes that you will need for the next time i.... Batter on top, about 1 cup sour cream and the cinnamon streusel cake... Cold butter into small cubes and add to the coffee cake and 1/2 salt... Of cream with 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy and blogger behind just so!! Spice Islands extra special nutrition facts ( calories in coffee cake take out about 1 teaspoon at a...., turning off the top the topping by whisking together the brown.. Few of the bowl as necessary look like damp sand and form crumbles when you squeeze it your! Our counter pretty cinnamon streusel coffee cake recipe every other time of the prepared pan, and a drizzle glaze... As a treat to enjoy throughout the week to gain my respect softened butter a... This free email guide - perfect Cookies every time: the 5 cookie... Greek yogurt works instead of all-purpose flour and the cinnamon streusel the cake batter into bottom! Of being frosted, it ’ s designed for eating at breakfast or brunch – everyone loves classic. Email, and website in this free email guide - perfect Cookies every time: the 5 Best cookie Around. Ingredients ensures that the cake batter into the butter and flour an or... Light and fluffy, and website in this browser for the middle.. Too dense s usually topped with a streusel or crumb topping with 1/4 cup until. Cake in a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of the bowl as necessary tell if the ribbon cinnamon!