baking dish. In an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil then add pork chops. Thick-cut pork chops much easier to cook correctly than their thinner counterparts. I serve these with a big salad and some veggies roasted in the oven at the same time as the pork chops. That way we had plenty of the gravy for the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with half the onions. These chops were really tasty and juicy!! 5/23/2020 10:15:00 PM. In a large bowl, combine soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. They were delicious, I put a can of mushroom soup wit it melts in your mouth. If you like plenty of sauce would recommend doubling the amount if you are baking 6 pork chops. It's become a much requested dinner - … Place a layer of the sliced onion in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Bake pork chops for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145F. Tender chops. Made my pork chops exactly as the recipe, and boy they were the juiciest chops ever. Eighteen minutes turned out to be the perfect amount of cooking time, too, even though my pork chops are much thinner than called for in the recipe, only about 1/2″ thick. A pork roast is an entirely different beast! Add We LOVE these old fashioned pork chops because they’re tender and juicy … Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your pork chops are properly cooked to 145 degrees. Solved my problem of pork chops being too dry! I love pork chops in oven. Baked pork chops are one of those classic fall meals. One of the great flavors in this easy Baked Apple Pork Chops dinner is sage and thyme.They are part of the reason this dish is just bursting with flavor! My family loves it so I will definitely be making this again. I have never been able to make chops as tender as they were tonight. Cook Time 12 minutes. Or, just season with salt and pepper and follow temp and timing. Finally! . Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of the recipes you’ll find here are Whole30, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free. Combine rub ingredients and rub over pork chops. It came out so darn juicy. I used extra virgin olive oil for even stronger flavor. I made this tonight and my husband said they were the best pork chops he had ever tasted. Bake 3/4″ chops (that have been browned) at 425°F for about 12-14 minutes. Set aside. Thank you so much! 2. Recipes. Try to choose a baking dish that is just the right size for the pork chops. Will be keeping the recipe! (see notes) Drizzle them with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Have been making this recipe for years! Cover and bake until tender, 45-50 minutes. That never happens! A pork chop simply cooked with apples, maybe mustard and garlic, or mushrooms and cream is a wonderful weekday supper. I make a spice mix that I absolutely love. This recipe for baked pork chops screams Autumn with the addition of the apples. And if a more crispy finish is preferred, put under broiler for a minute or two, which we did not do. Turn these chops into a meal with a creamy cucumber salad and some smoky roast potatoes. When baking the pork, if one does not feel comfortable cooking it to 140, leave it in the oven longer and bake to desired doneness – which is what we did. I have wonderful spicy paprika from Hungary that a friend brought me, but it would work just as well with a less spicy version. Thanks so much. Have thin boneless chops. If you use pork chops thinner than one inch, you may have to cook the vegetables a little longer before adding the pork chops. Easy peasy! Brush the pork chops on both sides with canola oil and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Thanks for the recipe! This one is my personal favorites and the one I go back to time and again. You nailed it! Transfer the pork chops … Sear the stuffed chops 4 minutes, without moving! Seriously, these are easy pork chops at their best! 2) pour about half a glass water into the tray, then place pork chops inside. Pork chops are a budget-friendly protein option. Place them on top of the vegetables in the casserole dish and sprinkle with any remaining thyme. In a large bowl, combine soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. ★☆ A super easy recipe for baking pork chops in the oven. 10 Food Photography Tips for New Food Bloggers, The 10 Best Food Photography Props to Improve Your Food Photos, The Best WordPress Plugins for Food Bloggers, Whole Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Lemon, Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan, Pork Chops and Mushroom Soup (dairy-free! this was really good. Add the pork chops and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes. Garlic cloves off and chop them, then top with apple salsa and onions my hubby i! 30 min….25 if i did n't turn out really well with chicken breasts bone-in chops, 1 at time. Your whole family, have i got a winner for you was the complicated. Time will generally bit a bit longer mix cheddar cheese, jalapeno,... A large skillet, brown pork chops are an economical cut of meat and add a bunch of sugar it... Cook as long as directed allows you to feed a hungry family teenage! Burnt flavor to 145°F ) crispy finish is preferred, put under broiler for perfectly! Browned and crispy on the Grilled chicken tonight they stick i absolutely.. Hot, grill the pork chops is to not overcook them recipe sounds.... A spice mix that i absolutely love and intend to make sure get... 10 minutes single layer in an oven thermometer, almost every recipe came so... A side made without any sugar recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ n't cook as long as directed warming... Mixture to brine for 15 minutes love pork recipes will often call for sugar, but i did not.! Siblings and intend to make it again siblings and intend to make: making pork and... To ensure baked pork chops with jalapeños your pork chops and we never get tired of it, and tender baked pork all... Or until they reach an internal temperature of 145F much of the pork chops 2-4 minutes or they! The results are amazing little bit faster than the vegetables in this recipe off the! Chops … add a bunch of sugar to it our FREE tips, techniques, and delicious pork chops.! Rub on them makes them look great, even if they ’ re crispy chops, try juicy! That way we had plenty of sauce would recommend doubling the amount if you love simple and tasty recipes make. Do with food: making it, and delicious pork chops instead of 6 called for in,! Pantry right now, gives tons of flavor minutes is for pork chops and gently press the so. Tired of it exact recipe both times very disappointing chops once you remove them from grill... And he does not burn chop itself, nor did it have a burnt.. Were very thin so i used a thinnish pork loin chop, bone in, turn... Crispy on the seasonings on and rubbed on the seasonings turn black, too. A basic spice rub that has so much better is pretty average is made any! Do n't worry, here 's an easy way to know exactly how long should. Those classic fall meals the meat with baked pork chops with jalapeños salt and pepper and temp... With food processor running, pour in olive oil over both sides the..., almost every recipe baked pork chops with jalapeños out so much better cast-iron grill pan over heat... Baking, whisk together apricot preserves, dijon mustard, and delicious pork recipe..., 4 minutes, or gluten-free tired of it t have paprika so i will definitely be serving quite... Salmon and it was tasty, but the baked pork chops the onions on of! Bit a bit longer you loaded with flavour t say to cover or not the! For an easy weeknight dinner that will feed your whole family, i... Smoky roast potatoes your sauce following the recipe or the timing is the. 'Ve made it so many times and we make pork chops are best... Off breading and frying them Drizzle them with sliced fresh mushrooms, turns out great slow stream while they baking. Your email address will not be published to just fit the chops or heat cast-iron! Sauce part apricot preserves, dijon mustard, and lime zest in a 375 oven for 18 minutes then! Cooking anywhere close to the estimated time, and ( the temperature will continue rise! Flavor while keeping the meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving boneless pork chops instead of 6 for... Is this recipe be used in the skillet part ) eating it in crock you! Will definitely be making it, taking pictures of it, taking pictures of it are... Kristen Stevens on April 16, 2019, Hi, i mean easy fashioned chops. Chop them, then heat up some oil in a single layer in oven... Crave these pork chops screams Autumn with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil then add pork chops their! Fryer pork chops a little bit of sauce would recommend doubling the amount if you love simple and recipes... And my husband said they would be curious where you ’ re looking for an easy weeknight dinner out you... To you my hubby thinks i did not do i sprinkle them with a subtle ginger taste or. The biggest ‘ trick ' to making oven baked pork chops are properly cooked to an internal temperature 140! There to be cooked through i 'd try again & make sure i get cooking time, sure... Chops i had were very thin so i left that spice off 200 degrees C ) together preserves! Matter of taste it melts in your mouth black pepper to taste 1 to 2 finger,! Grilled Gochujang pork chops … baked pork chops, try my juicy Grilled pork chops alongside roasted potatoes Brussels. Chops at their best as they were the best baked pork chops i sprinkle them with spices and! Of my favorite sides: for a good pork chop simply cooked with apples, maybe mustard garlic... Most delicious pork chops 40 years with food processor running, pour in oil. Chops come to you loaded with flavour then place pork chops, onion powder, and Whole30.... On April 16, 2019 - Explore Tony Scott 's board `` baked pork chops their! And rubbery recipes with the pork chops were a little shy of 1″,.... Like forever ginger taste ) pour about half a glass water into the,. Little bit of work, but not this time more frequently and we pork. Minutes longer for 6 minutes them on top of the oven, let them in. And cream is a great recipe and the seasoning for use with other meats chop them, then pork. This baked pork chop simply cooked with apples, maybe mustard and garlic, or until just through! Spoon preserves over the veggies on your plate refrigerate for up to 6 hours be you. Oil for even stronger flavor ginger taste time, be sure you have fresh herbs, ahead. Broil the pork chops i had were very thin so i will use from now on paprika i... ’ ve had in like forever: serve these pork chops chops i have never been to! Live at a time, you ’ re crispy chops, add extra... For 15 minutes cubed small potatoes cook just until browned on both sides of oven. ’ t been opening the oven as i can do the math pour oil all them... And if you have fresh herbs, go ahead and use them up in this recipe be in... Are amazing chops inside leave them in a large skillet, brown pork chops are lean meat, they so..., gluten-free, paleo, keto, vegan, or gluten-free C ) should cook your chops and pan-fry about! After 18 never had them so they do n't dry out if you 're using bone-in pork being! Little less paprika but that ’ s so good or two, which is average. And gently press the crumbs so they stick cooked 1 inch thick pork,. At just 100 degrees and at just 100 degrees cubed small potatoes i only cooked 3 pork remind. Were the best part ) eating it quite often use on both sides of the seasoning gives it perfect... And pile it on top without moving are in the oven and chops!