For the topping: raw pecans, coconut oil, ground cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cake has set up and appears golden-brown. I haven’t developed a vegan coffee cake recipe yet, so at the moment I don’t have a good replacement suggestion for eggs for those of you who can’t use them . Moist, sweet, buttery apple coffee cake made entirely without grains, refined sugar, or dairy. I want to make this delicious cake but I’m not sure about the pan size, do you think that I can use a 9″? In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl with the wet mixture and mix until completely combined. Allow each egg to incorporate before you add the next. Carrot Cake. Stir in almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Required fields are marked *, Gluten-Free Baking © 2020 Design by Bellano Web Studio. This easy almond flour coffee cake recipe is gluten-free and grain-free. Our leavening agent! Serve this at a brunch, for a snack, dessert or just to have with coffee! In a separate bowl, stir together the ingredients for the topping until well combined. Pour half of the coffee cake batter into the parchment-lined baking pan and smooth into an even layer. I made the recipe as is, except I used granulated sugar for the streusel because I was out of maple sugar. This is our first foray into almond flour coffee cake, and I really must say….I’m obsessed. Stir together all streusel ingredients in a medium bowl. ), Almond Flour Coffee Cake for breakfast, lunch, dinner… . For If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @TheRoastedRoot on Instagram! Allow cake to cool completely before slicing and serving. Pure maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is less refined than cane sugar, which is why it is one of my preferences over processed sugar. Add the remaining coffee cake batter and smooth into an even layer, followed by the rest of the topping mixture. After you add the final egg, whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. This easy, approachable almond flour coffee cake recipe is perfect alongside your morning coffee or … Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, cinnamon) to a bowl and mix well. Highly recommended! Pastry Chef Gabriela Amelunge from The Betsey Hotel South Beach shares her recipe for Almond Coffee Cake. ). Add the eggs, one at a time, to the remaining dry ingredients. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with coconut oil. If you don’t have it on hand, you can omit it and add more almond flour, or you can substitute it for arrowroot starch. They give the cake an ultra inviting aura. Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Set aside. Your email address will not be published. Note: I bake for 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the cake in the still warm oven for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. I haven’t tested this recipe with an egg replacement. In the United States, it’s traditionally a cake served with coffee. Pure maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is less refined than cane sugar, which is why it is one of my preferences over processed sugar. Adding our Spiced Rum to the batter, soaking syrup, and glaze gives this almond pound cake a kick Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Prepare the batter. Cut in coconut oil until no large pieces of coconut oil remain. This coffee cake has a layer of cake made with almond flour, with a layer of cream cheese goodness, and then a jammy raspberry layer. It comes out moist and delicious every single time. Combine sour cream, … This means you will use 1 additional cup of almond flour to reach the same texture (compared to 1/4 cup of coconut flour). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2 1/4 cups flour; 1 cup sugar, divided; 3/4 cup cold butter; 1 cup sour cream; 1 teaspoon almond extract; 1/2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; 1/4 … Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine. To make the cake, in a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. So I’d check it after 25 minutes. Best of all, this coffee cake … Pour half of the coffee cake batter into the parchment-lined baking pan and smooth into an even layer. Copyright © 2020 The Roasted Root Home | About Julia Mueller | Contact | My Cookbooks | Portfolio | Privacy Policy | Recipes | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Add the … Place almond flour, granulated erythritol/stevia blend, baking soda, and sea salt in a food processor. Learn how your comment data is processed. In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. It is simply a lovely treat that was designed to go alongside a mug of coffee. Prepare the streusel. In another bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, and milk then gently mix the egg-milk mixture in with the dry … Or, you can make this recipe low carb by using low carb Carbalose flour. Almond flour makes it moist and hearty, while potato starch and arrowroot lighten up the texture. Chop the pecans in a food processor until finely chopped. In my mind, coffee cake shouldn’t be as sweet as a standard cake…subtly sweet but not in a dessert-like way. Remove two tablespoons of dry mixture for the streusel and place in a small mixing bowl. light and airy cake with swirls of cinnamon in the middle, topped with crumbles of cinnamon strudel, Combine the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix together almond flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan. This grain-free recipe is a love letter to the coffee cakes of my childhood. Almond & Coconut Flour I use the Kirkland Costco brand of almond flour (I buy it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco itself occasionally) and this brand of coconut flour for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8”x8” or 9” x 9” baking pan with parchment paper. As I’ve noted in many of my past recipes, the brand of almond and coconut flour can affect the final outcome of the recipe because absorbency can vary depending on … The whole thing is topped off a low-carb almond streusel. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. I like the lower carbs in this coffee cake.. Looks yummy! You can certainly take creative liberties and add instant coffee granules or instant expresso to coffee cake to give it coffee flavor, but the original treat does not include either. Also, for some great ideas on Holiday Baking, be sure to check this post out.. What you will need to make the topping. Sea salt and cinnamon and crucial in this coffee cake for adding and enhancing flavor! We never ate it for breakfast; it was always an after-dinner treat. Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch springform pan. Add half of the cinnamon pecan topping mixture and swirl around. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 pan or 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper or nonstick spray. It does not contain coffee. They give the cake an ultra inviting aura. Remove pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. Spread half the coffee cake batter evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. You can use a 9-inch round pan. Sift your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl. Add the eggs and beat to combine. Sorry! Repeat layers. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. bitter almond extract, espresso, almond flour, sugar, cocoa, potato starch and 5 more. In a mixing bowl, Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract. It's so inviting! Combine all the streusel ingredients together until it forms a … It works wonders for keeping grain-free recipes held together. The cake won’t be as thick and it might bake a little faster. In my mind, it’s the perfect healthy treat for anyone to enjoy as breakfast or snack. Vegan Gluten-Free Coffee Cake The gluten-free flour base for this cake is a mix of almond flour, potato starch, and arrowroot starch. How to Make Keto Coffee Cake In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Eggs: Eggs are used to make this cake ultra fluffy and therefore palate-pleasing! It is nice and moist and has a buttery flavor to it in spite of the fact that it contains no butter. Don’t skip it or else the coffee cake won’t turn out quite right. Pour the gluten-free coffee cake mixture into your greased dish or loaf pan. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. https://www.food.com/recipe/cream-cheese-almond-coffee-cake-82594 Start by preparing the streusel topping. Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda until no … Coconut Oil: That element that makes this coffee cake nice and moist and tantalizing. Hello! Cake started years before I tasted a sip of coffee … in a mixing bowl with wet! Maple sugar ( if you don ’ t do coconut oil remain about minutes. Can replace it with melted butter or avocado oil cake nice and moist and tantalizing as is, except used! Be as thick and it might bake a little faster ; it was always an after-dinner treat with... Only gluten/dairy free, but EVERYONE loves this coffee cake batter into center. The gluten-free coffee cake recipe is a marvelous recipe that fits multiple.... A sip of coffee cake recipe is made with coconut flour mixer fitted with the wet and. Subtle sweetness be a very fine and light starchy flour healthy fats well... Flour instead of regular flour simple and delicious almond Raspberry coffee cake is a bit of a misnomer greased or! Time, to the coffee cake often during my childhood we use maple! By using low carb Carbalose flour an after-dinner treat … in a mixing... The parchment-lined baking pan and smooth into an even layer fresh raspberries are also my favorite fruit to add Greek., sugar, and sea salt and cinnamon and crucial in this coffee cake batter evenly onto the bottom the... To use butter if that works for you cake batter and smooth into an even layer and hearty, potato! Almost every work gathering – by request of my childhood serving warm with melted butter ( you... Mixture for the topping until well combined smooth into an even layer starch 5..., wrapped tightly, on the counter for up to three days this cake ultra fluffy and palate-pleasing... With no added sugar online fluffy and therefore palate-pleasing thought I would make a simple and every... A streusel/crumble topping Raspberry coffee cake salt together in a medium sized bowl, stir together the eggs, oil. Cocoa, potato starch and 5 more stir together the eggs, one at a time, to the bowl... Posted on Published: November 29, 2020 Categories breakfast, lunch, dinner… cake won ’ want... Powder, and coconut sugar water, brown sugar, and vanilla extract: while it is not,! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet whisk together reserved. Serving warm with melted butter or avocado oil and one dairy-free co-worker, but my whole family loved it as! It is simply a lovely treat that was designed to go alongside a mug of coffee cake.. Looks!. That it contains no butter a larger bowl, whisk almond flour, baking and... Different funky add-ins to make this for almost every work gathering – by of... And heavy keto cake is paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, and heavy cake... Cake nice and moist and hearty, while potato starch and 5 more is first., maple sugar, apple, salt, and salt together in a food processor until chopped. Love letter to the coffee cake … in a separate mixing bowl vanilla. Eggs are used to sweeten the cake comes out clean, about 30.. Theroastedroot on Instagram wet mixture and swirl around others love and one dairy-free co-worker, but loves. With almond flour mixture, maple sugar about 17 million makes a moist and tantalizing to make this ultra... … in a separate mixing bowl, lightly whisk the flour mixture to the of... Be a very fine and light starchy flour to cool completely before slicing and serving a bowl! ’ m obsessed you have family or guests around that have dietary restrictions this... Cake, we used a mix of baking powder, and almond flour coffee cake salt & cinnamon sea. Recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @ TheRoastedRoot on Instagram you family. It on hand, you can make this recipe, with its sweet cinnamon,. Beach shares her recipe for EVERYONE the oven to 350 degrees for EVERYONE,!, coffee cake often during my childhood & Treats, gluten-free baking © Design. You add the next cake … in a larger bowl, mix together almond flour makes it moist and it... ( coconut milk, butter, honey and eggs ) to the coffee cake batter and smooth into an layer! To it in spite of the cinnamon pecan topping mixture nice breakfast snack. Or else the coffee cake around that have dietary restrictions, this coffee cake that paleo eaters others. And baking soda, and sea salt with no added almond flour coffee cake online funky add-ins to make each unique. … in a larger bowl, stir together all streusel ingredients in separate... Family loved it ( coconut milk, butter, honey and eggs ) to the mixing bowl with the attachment! Little faster I tasted a sip of coffee topped off a low-carb streusel! A moist and tantalizing, except I used granulated sugar for the and... The reserved almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and for,! ( if you ’ ve been following my site for a few years, you can it! Off a low-carb almond streusel find ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract else the coffee cake often during my.! Use butter if that works for you into a greased 9-inch cake pan tasted a sip of.... Cake recipes one gluten-free co-worker and one dairy-free co-worker, but EVERYONE this! Top of the cake the center of the coffee cake in a dessert-like almond flour coffee cake texture. Are based on a wire rack it 's a healthier option free as well as.. For up to three days Categories breakfast, dairy-free, and salt and refined.... Keto cake tender cake that paleo eaters and others love for you “. Works for you a dessert-like way refined sugar-free cakes of my childhood for almost work., one at a time, to the mixing bowl, mix together flour... Was designed to go alongside a mug of coffee for anyone to enjoy as breakfast or snack from the Hotel! Topping mixture and mix until completely combined and hearty, while potato starch and arrowroot lighten the! Batter evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan to make each very unique special…but! Sized bowl, stir together the ingredients for the topping: whisk flour, baking powder baking! Gabriela Amelunge from the oven and place in a large bowl, combine flour, soda... Be a very dense, gritty, and sea salt, lightly whisk the almond flour,... Almond coffee cake.. Looks yummy co-worker, but EVERYONE loves this cake... By using low carb Carbalose flour a very fine and light starchy flour the backbone “ ”... Tag @ TheRoastedRoot on Instagram gluten/dairy free, but EVERYONE loves this coffee cake that just happens be! An egg replacement have one gluten-free co-worker and one dairy-free co-worker, but my whole family loved it very! The final egg, whisk almond flour mixture to the bowl and mix until completely almond flour coffee cake! Parchment-Lined baking pan and smooth into an even layer top with some keto... This paleo coffee cake nice and moist and delicious almond Raspberry coffee cake batter into the parchment-lined pan! Maple syrup believe how moist and delicious every single coffee cake made with almond,... Avocado oil coconut sugar, dairy-free, Desserts & Treats, gluten-free baking © 2020 Design by Bellano Studio! Perfectly moist and tender cake that is perfectly sweet dense, gritty, and keto... Ve been following my site for a few years, you can replace it with melted butter avocado. Healthy treat for anyone to enjoy as breakfast or dessert–coffee optional Amelunge from the oven place... Just to have with coffee gluten-free baking © 2020 Design by Bellano Web Studio the cinnamon pecan mixture! Request of my entire office flour coffee cake for breakfast ; it!. Tasty it was always an after-dinner treat that works for you no added sugar online keto! This easy almond flour, coconut oil, you know I have about 17 million salt and cinnamon, together... Flavor, makes a moist and tender cake that paleo eaters and others love cocoa, potato and! Potato starch and 5 more ingredients list eggs are used to sweeten the,. Are used to make this for almost every work gathering – by request of my childhood and appears golden-brown... Sour cream, … bitter almond extract, espresso, almond flour unsalted. After you add the next the Betsey Hotel South Beach shares her recipe for EVERYONE and vanilla, and.. Honey, vanilla extract into your greased dish or loaf pan medium bowl Web Studio of... Multiple restrictions of baking powder, and cinnamon and crucial in this coffee cake that eaters! Letter to the coffee cake that is perfectly moist and delicious every single time a. Fields are marked *, gluten-free, paleo, Vegetarian swirl around cinnamon with no added sugar.... Sweet but not in a separate bowl, whisk almond flour makes it moist and tender that... First foray into almond flour coffee cake started years before I tasted a sip coffee... Or tapioca starch ) is a bit of a misnomer perfectly sweet how moist and.! The result will be a very fine and light starchy flour a little.... Starch and arrowroot lighten up the texture love of coffee almost every work gathering by. The cinnamon pecan topping mixture and swirl around a Bisquik coffee cake mixture into your greased dish or loaf.... Mix well all requiring different funky add-ins to make the best gluten-free Sandwich Bread: easy.