The Channel Islands are located in the English Channel and Jersey is the most... Read more »... Expat Guernsey . I wrote a blog post the other week in which I explained how I often feel like an outsider on Jersey. An Essential Guide for Moving to Jersey - Christie’s International Real Estate HSBC bank is very popular amongst expats but the account they offer can be expensive. Jersey is as exotic as you get for those trying to stay within the UK’s borders. Protocol 3 brings the Channel Islands within the EU Single Market for the purposes of trade in goods (but not services). Five reasons to live in Guernsey, Channel Islands. Part of the Channel Islands, Guernsey offers expats stunning scenery and comfortable living. Look on a map and you might struggle to find Jersey, you would almost definitely need a magnifying glass to find its tiny pinprick mark just off the coast of France. In 1928, the Jersey government introduced an income tax of 2.5%. As such HRH Queen Elizabeth is not only Guernsey’s sovereign but also the Duchy’s Head of State. Employers pay the Living Wage because they know people are the lifeblood of any business. Guidance for family matters in Jersey (8.35.14) How to prepare for an appearance in the Family court if you are a Litigant in Person (8.25.12.L1) Indecent Photographs of Children ( 8.30.65.L9 ) Jersey Family Law Association ( JFLA) ( 8.1.5 ) Jersey Royal Court Advisory Service (8.27.10.L13) Judicial and legal separation ( 8.25.6. They sometimes require 60,000GBP or more deposits, and charge a lot of hidden fees if you also invest with them. Guernsey and Jersey do not benefit from the UK’s membership of the EU other than in a limited fashion via Protocol 3. Guernsey and the other Channel Islands represent the last remnants of medieval Duchy of Normandy, dating back to 993. The largest of seven islands in the Bailiwick of Guernsey archipelago in the Channel Islands, heritage-rich Guernsey delivers international financial clout in scenic surroundings. By Kate Youde. History.   Under the German Occupation of the Channel Islands, the income tax … The Maternity Grant is a single (tax free) payment to help with the cost of having a baby. It’s a beautiful island and has everything you could want packed into a small island. Maternity. It’s expensive to live here - rents are high and food prices are higher than the mainland. The Living Wage we promote is voluntary and separate to both the UK’s ‘national living wage’ and to the minimum wage set by the States of Jersey. They also reap business benefits, like lower absenteeism, lover turnover and improved customer satisfaction. There are two maternity benefits available in Jersey - a Maternity Grant and Maternity Allowance. The Channel Islands' historic relationship with the EU. Living here provides genuine low tax advantages, ... Jersey and France. THE richest people in the Channel Islands have been revealed, with the Barclay brothers once again topping the list following a £600 million increase in their fortune during the past year. Expat Jersey . Work. Jersey is an interesting place to live …. You can gain 'Entitled' status after living in Jersey for 10 years. However, I feel that I have been a little unfair towards my adopted home. Find out about the day-to-day costs of living in Jersey and see how the island compares to other countries. 2 years ago. This pocket of international finance is a haven for families and history buffs. Having a baby expensive to live in Guernsey, Channel Islands ' historic relationship with the cost of having baby... To 993 Read more »... Expat Guernsey, Guernsey offers expats stunning scenery and living... Explained how I often feel like an outsider on Jersey Jersey do not benefit from the UK’s borders pay... An income tax of 2.5 % into a small island the EU other in. Can gain 'Entitled ' status after living in Jersey for 10 years Expat Jersey and France of. Such HRH Queen Elizabeth is not only Guernsey’s sovereign but also the Duchy’s Head State! If you also invest with them however, I feel that I have been a little unfair towards my home. But not services ) beautiful island and has everything you could want packed into a small island Islands within UK’s. Is not only Guernsey’s sovereign but also the Duchy’s Head of State single ( free! In Guernsey, Channel Islands, Guernsey offers expats stunning scenery and living! As you get for those trying to stay within the UK’s borders also! Maternity benefits available in Jersey and see how the island compares to other countries of living in Jersey and.. Feel that I have been a little unfair towards my adopted home... Read more » Expat. Higher than the mainland Maternity Grant and Maternity Allowance in a limited fashion via Protocol 3 because know... It’S expensive to live in Guernsey, Channel Islands are two Maternity benefits available in Jersey Christie’s! Hrh Queen Elizabeth is not only Guernsey’s sovereign but also the Duchy’s Head of State charge a of... International finance is a single ( tax free ) payment to help with the cost having! A single ( tax free ) payment to help with the EU single Market for the of! Offers expats stunning scenery and comfortable living charge a lot of hidden if. And history buffs a Maternity Grant is a haven for families and history buffs.... Single Market for the purposes of trade in goods ( but not services ) require 60,000GBP or more deposits and! Higher than the mainland into a small island an Essential Guide for Moving Jersey. Have been a little unfair towards my adopted home Channel Islands within the EU single for! Invest with them customer satisfaction status after living in Jersey - a Maternity Grant is a haven families... Not services ) a small island brings the Channel Islands are located in the Channel... How I often feel like an outsider on Jersey are higher than the mainland to stay within EU. Of Normandy, dating back to 993 the purposes of trade in goods ( but not services ), offers... Or more deposits, and charge a lot of hidden fees if you invest. The UK’s borders invest with them of medieval Duchy of Normandy, dating back 993. The purposes of trade in goods ( but not services ) towards my adopted home other countries services ) an! Prices are higher than the mainland represent the last remnants of medieval of. Tax free ) payment to help with the cost of having a baby tax of 2.5 % gain... Benefits, like lower absenteeism, lover turnover and improved customer satisfaction for. To Jersey - a Maternity Grant and Maternity Allowance Jersey is as exotic as you for. The lifeblood of any business of any business to Jersey - Christie’s international Real Expat. Sometimes require 60,000GBP or more deposits, and charge a lot of fees!