< image 1 of 24 > 2017 Toyota Highlander. Why have a big manual for the nav system. Already know what you are looking for? Deleted Toyota software programs and Bluetooth work fine! ", "Problem with echo in paired iPhone. Poorly designed. Also, the system rarely reads text messages. ", "Trans Axle leaked right from the factory. One of the worst systems on the market. We use the cruise control feature often with no brake problems. 2017 Toyota Highlander models The 2017 Highlander is a large three-row crossover SUV with seating for eight, but optional second-row captain's chairs reduce capacity to seven. It also sometimes doesn't connect properly to the Entune system so you have to restart the iPhone or turn the car off and then on again. Both the driver window and the passenger window are noisy at the window seals. ", "Rattles are in the dash ares of the vehicle", "Vehicle has started squeaking/groaning slightly from the suspension when going over moderate inclines (eg: driveways). The back seats squeak when empty, the passenger handles on the interior roof squeak if you hold them while driving. ", "I experienced two different refrigerant leaks.". "Had problems getting the alignment (they said it was hard). Get started now ». Was told by a Toyota service representative that excessive use of cruise control feature was the cause of premature brake wear. They could not find a leak. The fasteners for the roof rails may not be torqued properly. ", "The Entune navigation system leaves a lot to be desired. They put it on the lift, listened for a minute and told me the transmission would have to be replaced. After that occasion for about 2 weeks the map would spontaneously show the display of radio stations. ", "The entire CD, Radio, display screen, and navigation screen was replaced by Toyota; it was not a repairable issue. The whine increased in pitch with road speed. They paid for a rental car for the 2-3 weeks it took to replace, so I was fine. The choice for these lights is either light up the street or blind oncoming drivers", "Rear wiper stopped working. ", "Two times of three I can't use my Bluetooth as it doesn't see my phone. ", "This is the worse bluetooth system I have ever worked with. only thing we don't like about the car. It was fixed with a computer program download. ", "Intermittent door alarm. ", "Shortly after starting the vehicle and taking off (less than a mile) a warning light came up. Nothing mechanical was repaired. Retraining briefly improves performance". "The drivers door was mounted crooked from the factory. ", "Poor factory repair to paint defect on the hood of the vehicle. It actually stopped. on how 2000 through 2020 vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the LE - The base trim of the 2017 Toyota Highlander, the LE trim includes features such as a 185 hp 2.7L four-cylinder engine, a 6.1-inch touchscreen display, a rearview camera, a six-speaker audio system, … ", "The transmission failed at 10,000. I did. The car will turn the ignition to an on position but will not start the engine. Opening the car door may reset this behavior, but I have had to remove the dongle from the receiving range of the ignition previously to get the car to start", "Engine would not fire after a fill up. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. I was told this had to do with the radio. Separate squeaking in rear/driver's side suspension. Took 45 days, Toyota provided an extended warranty on car. ", "Never operated correctly and Toyota charges for updates", "So busy that it seriously detracts. "Transmission failed completely, leaving us stranded. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. The interior materials have gotten cheaper and less noise insulation was used. Second tear down required. ", "The HD Radio frequently drops audio during use and takes a long time to reconnect (if at all). Save $6,004 on a 2017 Toyota Highlander LE AWD near you. Description: Used 2017 Toyota Highlander LE for sale - $23,998, 27,902 miles with Satellite Radio Ready, Rear View Camera, Fold-Away Third Row, Auxiliary Audio Input, Alloy Wheels, Overhead Airbags … Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2018-2019 4Runner, 2019-2020 Avalon, 2019 Corolla Hatchback, 2017-2019 Highlander, 2018-2020 Camry, 2020 Corolla, 2018-2019 Land Cruiser, 2017-2020 Tacoma, 2019-2020 RAV4, 2019-2020 Sequoia, 2017-2020 Sienna, 2019-2020 Tundra, 2018-2020 Lexus ES350, 2017 Lexus GS200t, 2017-2019 Lexus GS350, 2019 Lexus GS300, 2018-2020 Lexus LC500h, 2019-2020 Lexus LS500, 2018-2019 Lexus GX460, 2017 Lexus IS200t, 2019 Lexus IS300, 2019 Lexus IS350, 2018-2020 Lexus LC500, 2018 Lexus LS500, 2019 Lexus LS500h, 2018-2019 Lexus LX570, 2017 Lexus RC200t, 2019 Lexus RC300, RC350, 2017 and 2019-2020 Lexus RX350, 2018-2020 RX350L, 2019 Lexus UX200, 2018-2019 Lexus NX300 vehicles. ", "Wind noise around passenger doors front and rear", "The car is very noisy from the window seals at greater than 70 MPH. ", "Transmission began making a whining noise which gradually got worse until a Toyota technician said it had to be replaced. I have had the dealer install the TSB-0194-17 update and it is better but not satisfactory for a company with Toyota's reputation. Brakes should go a lot longer than 10,000 miles before needing service. ", "At 35000 miles one brake is wearing abnormally", "Had to replace the front brakes at 15,000 miles. Rough shifts when accelerating after slowing for an intersection, especially on left turns", "Although we had a new transmission installed by the dealer, we feel the car still hesitates with acceleration. 2000 miles between instances. Toyota agrees it is recognized issue that they tried multiple times to fix. I did that update, still think this transmission shifts poorly. Copyright 2020 © U.S. News & World Report LP. ", "The voice commands for the navigation system rarely works, resulting in having to manually put in the address. ", "The voice control has a hard time recognizing my voice and the blue tooth for phone conversations is worthless. This was at the 20,000 mile mark. More basic trims, such as the LE, offer lower towing capacities while trims such as the XLE and Limited offer higher towing power. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. I was told it can be updated every 3 years for over $300:00.. Search over 35,300 listings to find the best local deals. If the car was shut off and restarted the problem would go away (for a while). Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt.