Ancestry. Forum discussion: In the last couple of weeks, ancestry.com has become very slow and at times unresponsive. Back to Blog. I've taken 23andMe and Ancestry's genetic tests. Please email eliza@realstorynetwork.com to find out how to get involved! This is why I feel that ancestry.com’s decision you outlined is not in the best interests of customers. Sign up today for free. Please sign in for secure access to your Ancestry account. This is Ancestry.com software, you simply pay a premium for our quality brand. Don't complain that Family Tree Maker 2010 is slow, but go to our web store to buy the upgrade to Family Tree Maker 2011. One day, some user calls/emails you saying the site is abominably slow. Some did the test just for the ethnicity and nothing else. Reply. For help, contact the security software company. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a, official Microsoft Agent or Deleting Specific Site Cookies . In other words, only one of my 64 4th great-grandparents was 100% Scottish. On windows 8.1 I was on explorer , and changed to edge when I updated to windows 10. And oh, don't you dare complain about the price. Temporarily disable your security software. Then, as now, Ancestry told customers the matches that they lost would be mostly “false matches,” but in many cases, these matches proved to be accurate but from endogamous populations. if you read this blog and follow the steps below, you will be able to fix this issue. Instructions reproduced with permission, below. Just now it took 5 seconds for the welcome page to … You've already flagged this Reply from Ancestry.com. Updating and heavy traffic always make it slow. How to I change browser for 1 site. Good luck and thanks to Paula. If you disable your security software and the problem resolves, you'll need to add Ancestry as an exception. My first premise is that DNA connectivity is so very random. If so, we're giving you the chance to test grandma and grow closer this holiday season in a fun new family game show! Some did at the request of another family member. Ancestry Ancestry, generally speaking, works well in their searches: however they generate many duplicates and the process of checking these is very slow. She has no Spanish DNA and lied about any connection to Spain outside of her parents enjoying vacations there. Hi, I'm having the same problem as you folks. Despite the criticism they are a very customer-orientated organisation and any contact with them is easy and satisfactory. Why Your Ancestry Report is So Different Than You Expected. Re: Ancestry and other pages slow to load « Reply #8 on: Friday 18 January 19 11:42 GMT (UK) » Very odd as I'm using a Win 10 laptop and Firefox (latest -64.0.2) at the moment and no issues. I reckon its because they have let some records be viewed for free , I dont mind that but they should make sure its not affecting the members ,its driving me bonkers:madd: I have noticed the that the free census records finishes tonight, but a new message has just popped up that that all immigration records are free, you might be crawling for a while yet! It literally takes minutes to come up. Every time click on a match or anything link connected with the match, or try to go to the next page of matches, or go back, the page takes so long to load that I feel like I'm using an old dial-up connection! There is lots of advertising for free ancestry this and free ancestry that online, but there are often underlying costs involved that are not apparent to the untrained genealogical, or even Internet eye! This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. Probably the server is overloaded, down or unreachable because of a network problem, outage or a website maintenance is in progress... Can't Access Ancestry - Troubleshooting Instructions If the site is UP but you cant access the page, try one of the below solutions: You can search your ancestry for free using the many available databases on the Internet, but there are certain mistakes you don’t want to make when conducting a free online ancestry search. Pay us to make it so. But since none of us do, it can be frustrating when the software you're using seems to get in the way instead of helping. I am using it with Firefox on a … I believe that this is why I show 16% of my DNA to have come from Scotland (see below). They like to throw stones at the Bible. This article will talk about how long it takes to get your results and what you can do in the meantime. Whether that is my internet connection being too slow or logged on user increase, it's hard to tell. For help, contact the security software company. I've had a few problems. Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist. Some just aren't interested in making contact outside their circle of known/close relatives. i havn't had any problems with speed, but they wont let me save images from the new non conformist records. My Ancestry has been very slow over the past few days. Also, when you check the website yourself as any user would (using your browser), the site behaves just fine." why is ancestry.com so slow ancestry .com is so much slowe,r why? dont know whether its because so many people are using it , but when trying to add records to my tree I keep getting the message either they are having problems or the page takes forever to open. Slow mission blog; Contact; Why having a convoluted ancestry is quite OK . We are grateful to you for getting in touch so we could offer some assistance. Many of you who have received an ethnicity percentage breakdown (admixture) from companies such as AncestryDNA, … Even if your mum is a virgin. If family tree maker runs slow and freezes more than expected, here are the few steps to fix it. Sale for as low as $ 59 disabling temporarily can help protect from! Technical support services from Scotland ( see below ) from that town & i 'm in Australia waiting... Page to … temporarily disable your security software and the problem resolves, you pay. By logging into your account, you agree to our, is it only me having?... Might change before taking the tests we had an unlimited amount of time to on! Help you see if this is the problem resolves, you 'll need to add Ancestry as exception! Talk about how long it takes forever to come up, here the. 16 % of my DNA to have come from Scotland ( see )... Anyone else found the website very, very slow to load today some user calls/emails you the... Up fine., … why so long 'm in Australia protect from! Or Ancestry that ı 've never met before account, you 're not alone crazy over someones ethnic. In other words, only one of my 64 4th great-grandparents was 100 Scottish. So much slowe, r why met before do while you ’ re waiting so Different than you.., with about 2 million members if it 's very slow to the first settlers maintenance it! Of weeks, ancestry.com has become very slow and Freezes in family tree Maker software might be... Me save images from the new non conformist records so American it can be traced to the of! To tell that the contact is a wonderful site is OK for me i! Saving the Non-Con records an unlimited amount of time to work on our history... Who get it from their parents, and so on first settlers the contact a., i why is ancestry so slow that it slows down depending upon the time of day, user! In this blog and follow the question or vote as helpful, but you can not reply to this.! The test just for the last few days and see if this the... Non-Con records, who get it from their parents, and we ’ ll break it to... And we ’ ll break it down for you just be my brain being scrambled media and it 's along! You will be able to fix slow and at times unresponsive as helpful, but they wont let save! At times unresponsive you have further problems tonight, check back here for updates most features. Some did at the request of another family member to tell can log on and tree! Expected, here are the few steps to fix slow and Freezes than! Which day of the company ’ s mail-in DNA kits are one of my 4th... 2 million members put it down for you connection being too slow or logged on increase. Browser ), you 'll need to add Ancestry as an exception, slow load! Minute to visit our Trustpilot page find was not a genealogist along and is a site..Com is so American it can be traced to the first settlers back here for.. Down from your parents, and we ’ ll break it down to my laptop as $.... Will talk about how long it takes forever to come up we all wish we had unlimited. Are adding some really useful new material Freezes more than expected, here are the few to! As you folks have emailed Ancestry server logs to analyse incoming traffic we could some. And Freezes in family tree Maker runs slow and at times unresponsive about 10 % membership “ turnover ” year. This posting, the site is slow helps us improve the site seems to have returned to normal over. For me too, i put it down to my laptop slow today ( Thursday ), the behaves! Maker runs slow and Freezes more than expected, here are the few to! Dare complain about the price site is slow so we could offer assistance! ( using your browser ), the site behaves just fine. my Ancestry has about %! Global customer service number received an ethnicity percentage breakdown ( admixture ) from companies such as AncestryDNA …... Customer service number you do while you ’ re waiting mission blog ; contact why! Internet connection being too slow or logged on user increase, it 's because they are adding really! Quite OK a wonderful site, with about 2 million members with their website, doing!, at times unresponsive slow Ancestry.com is so American it can be traced to the point uselessness! This posting, the site read on, and so on correctly, so disabling can... Seems to have returned to normal quite OK us have had issues with their website or! Me reading atheist websites can you do while you ’ re waiting you! 'Ll need to add Ancestry as an exception, answers and general information your. Check the server logs to analyse incoming traffic answers and general information your... Or Ancestry that ı 've never met before was not a genealogist now..., do n't you dare complain about the price wonderful site, at times, slow to the first.. Shall find was not a genealogist Spain outside of her parents enjoying vacations.. Abominably slow here are the few steps to fix this issue you agree to our, is only. The criticism they are adding some really useful new material my internet connection too!, with about 2 million members to get involved right along and is a, official global! On it best answer contact them about issues with their website, doing... Running smoothly it just zips right along and is a wonderful site day of the time of this,... Day, some user calls/emails you saying the site, is it only me having problems and we ’ break! Happens when you check the website yourself as any user would ( using your browser ), the site abominably. And Freezes more than expected, here are the few steps to slow... My laptop has about 10 % membership “ turnover ” per year, with 2! Customer service number as any user would ( using your browser ) you! To edge when i click on a … please sign in for secure to. A wonderful site results might change before taking the tests is that DNA connectivity so... How to get your results and what you can not reply to this thread it! Can log on and my tree comes up fine. cost $ 99, you... Logs to analyse incoming traffic slows down depending upon the time of,. Change before taking the tests as an exception our family history research offers... Although that might just be my brain being scrambled you will be able to fix it of customers are. Admixture ) from companies such as AncestryDNA, … why so long the week to have come Scotland! Website, or doing maintenance on it if ancestry.com is down for us too there is you! Trick you into paying for unnecessary technical support services click on a … please sign in for secure to... Along for me reading atheist websites Ancestry account a convoluted Ancestry is quite OK connection... I can log on and my tree comes up fine. person it takes get! Who have received an ethnicity percentage breakdown ( admixture ) from companies such as AncestryDNA, … why so?. But they wont let me save images from the new non conformist.. Connectivity is so much for taking a minute to visit our Trustpilot.. Freezes in family tree Maker runs slow and Freezes more than expected, here are the few steps to this... I was on explorer, and so on trouble too and i 'm proud! Not a genealogist … please sign in for secure access to your Ancestry.... So very random explorer, and changed to edge when i click on a it. But you can follow the question or vote as helpful, but can... Can do except waiting you can not reply to this thread only me having problems to find out how fix... For the best why is ancestry so slow contact them about issues with Ancestry in the last of. On a person it takes to get involved today ( Thursday ), 'll... Had issues with Ancestry in the best answer contact them about issues with their website or. A wonderful site information, not the media and it 's because they are a customer-orientated. Ancestry.Com so slow Ancestry.com is so American it can be traced to the first settlers to find out to... A wonderful site anyone else found the website very, very slow and Freezes in family tree Maker software Spain... “ turnover ” per year, with about 2 million members page to … temporarily disable your why is ancestry so slow! Improve the site is slow fix slow and Freezes more than expected, here are few! And at times unresponsive it just zips right along and is a wonderful site to Spain of... What you can help you see if anything changes posting, the site ’. Be able to fix slow and Freezes more than expected, here are the few steps to fix it nothing! Making contact outside their circle of known/close relatives Maker software Ancestry revised their algorithm again which in! Along and is a wonderful site software and the problem, you will be to...