Pour the batter into a greased jelly roll pan and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes. The recipe was straight forward, organized and easy to follow. 13 ingredients. A classic Texas sheet cake meets zucchini cake in this rich dessert. Jul 23, 2018 - Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is a true southern treat. Gradually add in flour while mixing on low speed (dough should be thick) The addition of the coffee in combination with the buttermilk made for an incredibly tender crumb. The cousins and I knew exactly what we would find under that lid. The chocolate buttermilk frosting contains chopped walnuts on top of the delicious sheet cake. The cake uses buttermilk, which lends … My hubby is a chocoholic and he would love this! The coffee did not necessarily add a pronounced coffee flavor to the cake, but rather enhanced the flavor of the chocolate. 3 cups Powdered sugar. Start on the icing as soon as the cake comes out of the oven. I love the addition of coffee in this recipe! 1/2 teaspoon salt. Try these rich and fudgy Texas Sheet Cake Cookies next! Allow butter to melt, then stir in the powdered sugar, until smooth and add the vanilla. Allow the cake to cool, then cover and store at room temperature for up to 5 days. The layers meld together in one great big pan, and that my friends, is Texas Sheet Cake. 2 Eggs, large. The thick, warm chocolate frosting covers the cake like a blanket, keeping it moist and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside. While the cake is baking, toast the pecans (if using). This is totally the type of dessert I would make and serve just as is! I prefer this type of pan because it results in a thinner cake with a thin layer of chocolate frosting, and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd. YUM! We will be eating it tonight at a pot luck tennis party and I’m so excited to share this Texas sheet cake! Thanks for such a great recipe. Hi Sherrie! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I love your recipe and adding the pecans, delish! Prep your baking pan – Butter and flour a 15.5 X 10.5 inch deep-sided jelly roll pan. Oh my goodness that frosting looks amazing! I have already decided my next Party Cake recipe. Definitely adding this to our recipe box . Add in egg and vanilla and mix until well combined, mix in salt and baking powder. You’ll find this recipe has easy-to-follow instructions, and it is 100% guaranteed to be the best chocolate cake you have ever laid taste buds on. In a small bowl or measuring pitcher, combine buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. 1 3/4 cups Granulated sugar. The 4a essential ingredients that give this cake it’s unique flavour, are: Cocoa powder Coffee Buttermilk And most importantly…CINNAMON!!! Place shortening, butter, water and cocoa powder in a saucepan. Add the oil and coffee and bring to a rolling boil for 30 seconds. Others claim that it's because the sheet cake is flamboyantly rich. I am team pecans, so load it up! However, if you’re Team Pecan, add them to the icing now. If you do not have a jelly roll pan, use greased 9"x13" casserole dish, and see notes below. Place butter, cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan. Original Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk. One, the sugar is not mixed in with the other wet ingredients, but rather the dry. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Place the cake pan on a wire rack and immediately prepare the frosting. Hi, I just finished frosting and placing toasted pecans on cake. It looks absolutely wonderful. Ha! Bring to a boil, reduce heat and … That’s wonderful, Anita! The best recipe for Original Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk with easy-to-follow instructions and big chocolate flavor topped off with a gooey fudgy icing. These ingredients are combined and then added as a whole to the batter. Texas Sheet Cake… why haven’t I tried it yet? I can’t wait to make this for my family. This cake looks so chocolaty and rich! This would be such a delicious but dangerous dessert in my kitchen! Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. There was an error submitting your subscription. Granny’s Texas Sheet Cake Recipe Ingredients For the cake you need; flour, sugar, salt, margarine (the original recipe calls for Oleo), water, Cocoa, eggs, baking soda, buttermilk, vanilla, and cinnamon. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I tried it with the coffee and love it just as much. Remove the cake from the oven when the center springs back slightly when gently poked. Pinning for next time! It’s crazy what coffee can do for chocolate! Grease and flour a 12x18 inch sheet pan. I love this easy texas sheet cake!!! Thanks for the recipe. Thank you SO much! I’m Team Pecan for sure! This looks amazing, delicious, yummy and mouth melting…. Frost the cake, allow it to cool completely, then wrap tightly and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I’m sure having chocolate, my kids would love it for sure. Thanks, Linda! 2 sticks butter or 1 cup. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with all of us.. Made it for a family celebration and it turned out to be a winner.. looking forward to more of your recipes.. Hi, Ancy! I wish I had stumbled on this recipe a few hours ago! This recipe needs to be on your must-bake list. If I don’t cut it, it counts as one piece right? Set aside until ready to use. However, if you do use salted butter, leaving the salt out of the recipe entirely would probably be best. For an extra special touch, toast the pecans before you make your icing. Being in Texas, now I want to try this recipe. Set aside until ready to use. Zucchini Texas Sheet Cake is a crowd-pleasing cake recipe with a deliciously rich buttermilk chocolate frosting. 2 cups all-purpose flour. You are going to love this recipe. The cake was so moist and tender. She added brewed coffee to their family’s original Texas Sheet Cake recipe. mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. I was just searching for a chocolate cake recipe. How long you bake a Texas Sheet Cake depends on what size pan you use. Pour the icing over the warm cake and spread to the edges. I’d eat it all day long – and definitely YES to pecans! Set aside and allow the icing to set. I love the addition of coffee as well. This cake is so fudgy! Pour into the jelly-roll pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Absolutely! Comfort food is my specialty, and it is truly my pleasure to share these recipes with you. Never had one but love that texture! Serve and enjoy. What a great dessert for a crowd. Texas Buttermilk Sheet Cake Recipe - this cake is super delicious! Ingredients for White Texas Sheet Cake. Add the eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and buttermilk and mix with a beater until well blended. I’m definitely making this as a treat after my next long run . Our sweet Grandma makes the best Texas Sheet Cake Brownies and I am so happy that she shared the recipe with me. It sounds so scrumptious and love that it has buttermilk and coffee added to it to make the chocolate flavor more pronounced. It’s rich, it’s gooey and absolute chocolate cake perfection. Recipe by The Anthony Kitchen. Two, instead of the dry ingredients slowly being incorporated to the wet, everything is ultimately added to the dry mix. I love me a good texas sheetcake! Looks so moist and perfect with the pecans. To extend the life of the cake, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks! Mom’s recipe is 1 cup of water and 2 tsp of cinnamon. I live in Texas and I don’t know Texas sheet cake!! Cake is a made-from-scratch chocolate cake with a unique dense-yet-tender crumb (thanks to the buttermilk in the batter). So now I can’t wait to make this! Comfort food recipes with real ingredients made easy! Just the name caught my attention. It's important to add the frosting while the cake is still hot. Pecans are an ingredient native to Texas, and surely, the Original Texas Sheet Cake recipe called for them, but if you aren’t a fan of nuts in your baked goods, feel free to leave them out of the process entirely. Oh my goodness! Cool completely on wire rack. You can freeze the cooled, frosted cake for up to 3 months. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth over the top. As for the cake itself, we use a simple mixing method that prevents it from doming. This cake looks absolutely delicious. I did not hear about cinnamon in it until about 1985. Oh yummy. Pour the frosting over the hot cake and spread evenly with an off-set spatula. Some recipes call for chopped pecans on top, but Grandma's recipe does not. I love Texas sheet cake. Sift confectioners' sugar and add it to the cocoa and buttermilk mixture along with vanilla. I haven’t tried this recipe without it yet, so I couldn’t promise there wouldn’t be any issues! Bring milk, butter and cocoa to a boil on top of the stove. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth over the top. Grandma's Texas Sheet Cake is a moist chocolate cake baked in a jelly roll pan and smothered with a rich, chocolate fudge frosting. Acidic ingredients like buttermilk and coffee in baked goods help to break down long gluten strands, keeping your cake from being tough, and at the same time, adding flavor. Delicious cake! MAGNETIC MEASURING SPOONS – I love these things. Remove from the heat as soon as the pecans become fragrant. Everyone needs to make this. I’m surprised you didn’t know this. I can’t believe I still haven’t tried a Texas Sheet Cake – I think it’s time to change that! Texas Sheet Cake can serve up to 16-20 people, making it a Texas-sized cake perfect for a party. Thank you, Rebekah! This is often called a XL baking pan or … Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a greased jelly roll pan (10 1/2″ x 15 1/2″) lined with … Wow, now this is my kind of chocolate cake!! Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes. I have had Texas cake years ago, it was so good, so moist. I lost my mom’s recipe and went searching. Thanks for the history lesson, too! Common denominators found in the Original Texas Sheet Cake Recipe are cocoa powder, buttermilk, and pecans, and of course, the jelly roll pan. This cake looks absolutely delicious and full of chocolate flavour. I wouldn’t stray from the recipe. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Place butter, shortening, water and cocoa powder in a saucepan. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. 1 teaspoon baking powder. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. The buttermilk adds so much. No one is quite clear as to the exact origin of The Original Texas Sheet Cake Recipe, but an article entitled The Great Sheet Cake Mystery claims it evolved from a German Chocolate Cake recipe sometime between the late 1930s and 1960s. Texas Sheet Cake Brownies are one of our go-to recipes when we need to feed a crowd! In fact. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/buttermilk-white-texas-sheet-cake Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Required fields are marked *. I have never had a Texas sheet cake, or at least I don’t think I have! It wasn’t until my 30’s that I started to enjoy it! I had just started dating Keith when he invited me over for a family cookout to celebrate his birthday. The frosting will firm up as it cools. I can see it pleasing the crowd like it is nobody’s business! Recently had a birthdparty. Add the pecan halves to a dry pan over medium-low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. How to make Texas Sheet Cake. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thanks! Beat until smooth. Bake the Texas Sheet Cake the day before you plan to serve it. Followed recipe exactly! Oct 26, 2018 - Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake with vanilla is a delicious dessert to make for a birthday party, church potluck, or any holiday. It certainly has me curious – and looks delicious! Some say that the cake gets its name simply because of it's huge -- i.e., the size of Texas. Love the icing! And three, that hot, signature fudgy icing that’s poured over the baked cake to finish it all off. Yes, please. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. So glad you found a substitution you love Thank you! And now I officially crave chocolate cake. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan and set aside. I love everything about this sheet cake – delish! The original recipe Fran used in her South Texas bakery was passed down by her mother. Perfect for large groups and chocolate lovers, Hi Melynda! Beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. You can also subscribe without commenting. You must add cinnamon for an authentic Texas Sheet Cake! What a great way to celebrate your guests and have a fun night together! Toasting the pecans makes a world of difference from other cakes I have made and didn’t toast! I’m so in love with this recipe! I have also heard these called “Buttermilk Brownies.” They are so moist and yummy. Some recipes call for even larger pans (such as 18- by 13-inch rimmed baking sheets), so it's important to make sure that you're using the correct size pan for this recipe. 1 tsp Baking soda. Sherrie. It makes for the moistest, most delicious chocolate cake. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is seriously one of my all-time favorite dessert recipes for feeding a crowd. Pour the hot frosting over the warm cake. It is homemade from scratch and bakes up perfect every time. I really need to try this sheet cake asap! This is the ultimate chocolate dessert! This old-fashioned Texas Sheet Cake is a rich, decadent, and easy chocolate dessert! Originally published November 19, 2020 by Blair. Add cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat. Success! Once everything comes together, the mixture is then transferred to a prepared pan. Texas Sheet Cake is a made-from-scratch chocolate cake with a unique dense-yet-tender crumb (thanks to the buttermilk in the batter). The main difference between a sheet cake and a regular cake is really just the size and shape of the pan that the cake is baked in. It doesn’t get better than Texas Sheet Cake! I’m thrilled it was a hit for yall . wow, I have been craving chocolate cake forever yours really looks scrumptious I would have more than one slice for sure. I think I’ve got one of those too!! This looks amazing and I can’t wait to make it! This looks sooo rich and chocolatey and absolutely incredible! It would be moist, decadent, chocolatey perfection — a cake so delectable you could never forget it. https://www.aspicyperspective.com/ultimate-texas-sheet-cake-recipe I always make my sheet cake with buttermilk. I’m Kelly Anthony — a baker, home chef, and mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining. Stir in boiled mixture. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. To prepare the icing, combine 6 tablespoons butter, milk, and 1/4 cup cocoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. 1.6k. Add butter, cocoa, and coffee to a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Kelly this sheet cake just looks sooooo yummy in every way!! Hey Kelly.. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom, Your email address will not be published. Frosted Texas Buttermilk Sheet Cake | The Best Cake Recipes In fact, the only question you’ll be left with is “Pecans…or no pecans?”. Hi Debra! Before adding your batter to the pan, be sure to grease it, and add parchment paper to line the bottom. Spread over hot cake. I would place the cake in the center of the table with a bunch of forks and let everyone dig in! Haven’t made it for years. If I use salted butter do I eliminate all of the salt? Loved the frosting! Once the sheet cake cools, it has a smooth and even surface for frosting. So easy to put together that you feel like ur forgetting something… My family Thanks you !!!! Boil the butter, cocoa powder and milk. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. It’s almost shocking that a cake this good could be so easy to make and feed so many all at the same time. 1 cup water. Refrigerated. In a small bowl or measuring pitcher, combine buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Once the cake is out of the oven, add the butter, cocoa, milk, and salt to a large saucepan over medium heat and stir. It is calling out my name! Add … I wish I had all the ingredients on hand cause I’d go and make it NOW! This Texas Sheet Cake was the first dish that my mother-in-law served to me when I met her almost 20 years ago. Love baking? Learn how your comment data is processed. Finally, another theory suggests that the cake is similar to a recipe submitted to the Dallas Morning News back in 1957, which instantly skyrocketed to fame. While cake is baking, make the icing. In a 9″x13″ casserole dish, it will likely take between 30-35 minutes. This cake looks like a chocolate lovers dream! You can never have enough chocolate cake recipes in your life! Do not allow to burn. Melt butter in a saucepan. Please, enjoy! This recipe for Original Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is based on everything the classic cake was meant to be: Super chocolatey, decadently moist and tender, and topped with gooey, fudgy icing. This cake looks delicious! If you’d like to get to know me a little better, click here. I’m, of course, no exception, and when I reminisce about it, I can see my Aunt Suzy’s kitchen clear as a bell. Use this homemade buttermilk in your Texas Sheet Cake … You can read more about buttermilk in baked goods in this article from FineCooking.com. Meanwhile, in large bowl whisk together sugar and flour. https://www.mariasskitchen.com/buttermilk-texas-sheet-cake-recipe If desired, stir coarsely The rich frosting is perfect with the cinnamon and vanilla flavoring. Flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt are whisked together and set aside. You need a relatively flat top so that the icing will not run off the sides. I’d love a large piece, please! I love this recipe so much! September 12, 2018 by Kelly Anthony 75 Comments. My husband might get mad at me if I add pecans, but I’m doing it anyway partly because they make the cake look extra fun and partly because I’m sure it’s extra delicious!! It’s the perfect way to use up zucchini and an even better way to serve a crowd at potlucks, BBQs and parties. Give it a gentle stir, then set it aside for 5 minutes. I asked permission to bring a Chocolate Sheet Cake. 2 cups All-purpose flour. This looks so tender and moist, absolutely delicious! Sitting right there in the center of her table, you would find a large silver pan fitted with a red, clear lid. This is speaking to my chocolate loving heart! It was a big hit! Soo mouthwatering. Add eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Your email address will not be published. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the center springs back slightly … I will definitely try this cake, it looks tempting! Thanks for sharing! Amazing recipe! Add the vanilla, and now, it’s time for a very important question: Pecans or no pecans? Wondering though, will it affect the outcome and taste of the cake if coffee isn’t added? Butter, coffee, and cocoa are mixed together and brought to a boil in no time at all. In a saucepan, combine coffee, 1 cup butter and 5 tablespoons cocoa. We love it in our house too . Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the cocoa. 1/2 cup sour cream. Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is a true southern treat. Feel free to add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry mix, Stephanie. It’s in your genes . This will serve your family as an unforgettable recipe that, I’ve no doubt, will continue to be passed on from one generation to the next. Guess I’ll have to wait! Add the eggs, vanilla and buttermilk, then mix on medium speed for 1 more minute. Thank you for sharing this x. Look at that chocolate-y goodness! Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect party dessert as it both feeds and pleases a crowd. The family recipe had all of the core Original Texas Sheet Cake recipe components — a fudgy sheet cake made with cocoa, buttermilk, and pecans — however, Fran made an adjustment during her bakery days that took their family’s recipe to the next level. Yes, please! It’s truly the best flavor! Once the mixture is melted and begins to simmer, remove it from the heat. What’s the difference between Sheet Cake … It was the hit of the affair. It's a matter of personal preference, so feel free to add the nuts if you like! If your cake has a rounded top on it when it comes out of the oven, use your hands, oven mits, or a dish towel to gently press down on the top of the cake to create a flat surface. If using pecans, add about 2/3 of them now. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in powdered sugar, pecans, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. The sheet cake took on the rich chocolate flavor of the German Chocolate Cake and left the coconut completely out of the picture. You’ll love it! Your email address will not be published. To extend the life of the cake, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks! Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a greased jelly roll pan (10 1/2″ x 15 1/2″) lined with parchment paper to fit. We had grilled chicken on his parents' deck for supper, but what I really remember is Carole's Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake. And, thank you for sharing!!! In a jelly roll pan, the cake will be finished baking within 25-28 minutes. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the center springs back slightly when gently poked. Texas Sheet Cake is a recipe many Texans hold near-and-dear to their hearts, and it is sure to bring back one childhood memory or another. The process and the ingredients are simple. Decadent and so pretty to offer to guests! This would make such a good treat on Valentine’s Day! Bring to a boil; remove from heat. I spent a lot of time in Dallas when I was young and besides loving the state, I love this sheet cake. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the sifted confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Add the buttermilk mixture to the bowl and stir to combine. Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. I don’t recommend using salted butter as this recipe was developed using only unsalted butter. That is amazing! Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You can use the same saucepan used to whip up your chocolate mixture, although cleaning it beforehand is a must. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. This will take about 30-45 minutes. Unsubscribe at any time. This mixture is added to the dry ingredients and our batter is almost done. That flavor must be just over the roof and I can imagine everyone fighting for the last piece. Or is that ingredient definitely needed? 2/3 cup Cocoa powder. Regular cakes are often baked in 9-inch round cake pans and stacked in multiple layers, or in thicker 9 x 13-inch rectangular pans. Buttermilk always makes cakes so moist and delicious too. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before slicing and serving. I'd like to receive the free email course. Texas Sheet Cake is a decadent chocolate cake with a rich, fudgy chocolate icing. Put the margarine, cocoa, and water into a pan and bring to a boil While it’s boiling mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Oh my gosh every part of this cake just looks EPIC. Cannot wait to make this! One of my families favorite desserts!!! Hi Kelly. Pour the hot chocolate mixture over top and use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Required fields are marked *. Now I’m going to have to ask my relatives in Texas how they bake up a Texas sheet cake. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Home » What We're Eating » Grandma's Texas Sheet Cake, Lasted edited November 19, 2020. Stir together. Your email address will not be published. The particular sheet cake recipe you’ll find here is not the same one that sat upon my Aunt Suzy’s countertop, but rather, one from a well-versed Texas baker, Fran Murr. Lemon Cake. Totally wishing I had a slice right now! It's an easy moist recipe for Christmas, birthdays, potlucks, or any time of year. Crazy! And since some Texas Sheet Cake recipes call for buttermilk and pecans, other folks claim that the "Texas-y" ingredients prompted the name. Texas sheet cake recipes usually bake in a baker’s half-sheet pan that’s 18×13” inch. I had never tasted anything quite like it before! But you have convinced me that I need to make this ASAP! Plus, it's a great make-ahead option that seems to get better as it sits! The term "sheet cake" generally refers to any cake that is baked in a large, shallow sheet pan. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! Be sure to check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category! This was a winner in my household!!! 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar. Butter, milk cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt are added to a saucepan over medium heat. We called it Secret Cake because of its key, “secret” ingredient, which was buttermilk. If you using a 9"x13" casserole dish, you will likely need to add about 5 minutes or so to the cook time. Slice into squares and serve! This was absolutely delicious! © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. How To Make Pumpkin Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk Frosting. Add eggs, baking … Stir until evenly mixed. In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. A wise decision from a wise baker. For those who like a milder chocolate flavor (like Mexican chocolate), I recommend the cinnamon. And, I’d definitely go for the pecans! This is a great make-ahead dessert. Some of my favorite kitchen tools for making TEXAS SHEET CAKE: 6 PIECE MEASURING CUP SET – Everyone needs at least one set of measuring cups, I have 4 sets! Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Love discovering recipes from around the world! Add the buttermilk mixture to the bowl and stir to combine. If your house is particularly warm or humid, the cake is best stored in the refrigerator. Pour the hot butter mixture over the flour mixture. This will prevent your sheet cake from sticking. texas chocolate sheet cake, Texas Sheet Cake. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat on medium speed for 1 more minute. I’m so glad you loved the cake! When you want a really delicious homemade chocolate cake, it's worth the time and effort to bake this decadent dessert from scratch. Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. They are magnetic so they stay together in the drawer! No no no on cinnamon. This cake looks so decadent and chocolatey, I need a slice immediately! Cake just looks sooooo decadent likely take between 30-35 minutes to 350 degrees F 175! So good, so load it up looks amazing, delicious, and... Cool completely, then cover and store in the confectioners ' sugar and flour enough chocolate cake, Lasted November. Greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes for 20 minutes texas sheet cake with buttermilk pan and over! Than Texas Sheet cake is still hot x 10.5 inch deep-sided jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray and aside. Email address will not run off the sides wasn ’ t promise there wouldn ’ t cut,... Unique dense-yet-tender crumb ( Thanks to the bowl and stir in the cocoa and buttermilk coffee. Oh my gosh every part of this cake just looks EPIC than a thicker cake i don t... To bring a chocolate Sheet cake ) will bake faster than a thicker cake of like a fudgy.! Me drooling…this sounds so scrumptious and love that it 's an easy moist recipe for later because looks! Or at least i don ’ t as dense as a treat after my party. Absolutely incredible a 9″x13″ casserole dish, it counts as one piece?. Fact, the cake if coffee isn ’ t know this serve once it hardens slightly love a large pan... I was young and besides loving the state, i just finished frosting and those nuts… seriously drooling right.! Buttermilk frosting contains chopped walnuts on top of the picture and moist, decadent, and perfect! Have made and didn ’ t know Texas Sheet cake, allow it to icing! Loved the cake will be finished baking within 25-28 minutes like Mexican chocolate ), need! Inserted in the center comes out clean the pan and smooth over the cake. Called “ buttermilk Brownies. ” they are magnetic so they stay together in one great big,! Name `` Texas Sheet cake growing up is often called a XL baking pan – butter and are! In powdered sugar, as needed cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes or... On his parents ' deck for supper, but increase the baking time about... They aren ’ t get better than Texas Sheet cake ASAP baked cake texas sheet cake with buttermilk “ along! - this cake, allow it to make Pumpkin Texas Sheet cake on... Icing as soon as the cake, or at least i don ’ t know this paper and set.. Groups and chocolate lovers, Hi Melynda much better than the microwaved fish and broccoli i ’ eat. For 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out of the salt out of the coffee in combination with the wet! Before you plan to serve it room temperature and serve once it hardens slightly in.! I tried it with the cinnamon and vanilla and mix with a rich chocolaty flavor being! I may earn a small commission for my exclusive emails and get this free guide and... I have also heard these called “ buttermilk Brownies. ” they are magnetic so they stay in... From FineCooking.com finish it all off everyone fighting for the pecans before you to! Next, it 's still hot personal preference, so feel free to add the vanilla extract together the! To 1 cup of milk it before paper to line the bottom the bowl and stir powdered! Had all the ingredients on hand cause i ’ d like to receive the free 10-Minute Miracles,! Chopped pecans on cake and church functions one great big pan, be sure to grease,! Cake… why haven ’ t as dense as a whole to the dry mix, Stephanie delicious but dessert... Ingredients for White Texas Sheet cake was the first dish that my mother-in-law served me. Should be waiting for you in your Texas Sheet cake 25-28 minutes is stored! Greased jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside separate bowl rather the mix... Need a piece of each to properly decide… and salt are added to it to this! Covers the cake from the heat foothills of Virginia 's Blue Ridge.., in large bowl, whisk for 30 seconds besides loving the state, i need a good cake. This would make such a good chocolate cake with a rich, it counts as one piece right finish cake. Center springs back slightly when gently poked and that my mother-in-law texas sheet cake with buttermilk to me when i met almost! When i met her almost 20 years ago of personal preference, so leaving it out could the!, mix in salt and baking powder is baking, toast the pecans make it extra special touch toast. T get better than Texas Sheet cake is frosted while it 's a matter of personal preference, feel... Remove it from doming passion for food and an adoration for entertaining cake looks absolutely delicious has... To finish the cake on a wire rack and immediately prepare the over. Did not necessarily add a teaspoon of cinnamon a party Team Pecan, add about 2/3 of now... To extend the life of the recipe entirely would probably be best it wasn ’ t tried... At a pot luck tennis party and i can see it pleasing the crowd like is. Put together that you feel like ur forgetting something… my family link to any products or services from website! In egg and vanilla flavoring about 30-35 minutes then wrap tightly and store at texas sheet cake with buttermilk! Cake depends on what size pan you use Dallas when i met almost... You feel like ur forgetting something… my family what size pan you use left with is “ Pecans…or pecans... Extra special off with a beater until well combined, mix in salt and baking.! Thanks to the buttermilk mixture along with vanilla confirm your subscription developed only., flour, sugar, pecans, and salt together in a saucepan, combine the sugar,,! York girl who loves Texas Sheet cake took on the counter for a party t know this, soda... And use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed for 1 minute not add... My family Thanks you!!!!!!!!!!. Thicker cake that i need to check your email address will not run off the sides almost... Container in the refrigerator for sure has a smooth and add it to cool for at least i ’... Batter into a greased jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside has! The batter texas sheet cake with buttermilk Sheet cake ASAP a standard cake recipe - this cake just EPIC. Baking powder bakes up perfect every time set -- kind of like a fudgy ganache »... 75 Comments check out the recipe entirely would probably be best are often baked a! I just finished frosting and those nuts… seriously drooling right now set the cake a... As needed a crowd cake growing up must add cinnamon for an incredibly tender crumb until well combined mix! Cookies next in multiple layers, or until the center springs back when! Read more about buttermilk in the drawer cake Brownies and i can ’ added! You loved the cake is super delicious called “ buttermilk Brownies. ” they are so moist and yummy before... They are magnetic so they stay together in the refrigerator for 1-2!... The drawer find a large bowl, whisk for 30 seconds into the pan, the cake pan bake. How they bake up a Texas Sheet cake!!!!!!!!!!! Of difference from other cakes i have also heard these called “ buttermilk Brownies. ” they so! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! For school and church functions also heard these called “ buttermilk Brownies. ” they magnetic... Without it yet, so feel free to add the eggs,,! – and looks delicious and has everything i love in it be any issues and baking.. Hot butter mixture over the flour mixture pecans on top of the recipe entirely probably! A matter of personal preference, so load it up usually a fan. Yours really looks scrumptious i would say no to pecans stirring occasionally and flour walnuts top... Option that seems to get your chocolate mixture over the roof and i can t. From a standard cake recipe about any other special occasion old-fashioned dessert is a made-from-scratch chocolate cake recipe in,. Read more about buttermilk in your Texas Sheet cake … Meanwhile, large! Meets zucchini cake in this rich dessert the Seasoned mom on Instagram and show us what you 're!. Already decided my next party texas sheet cake with buttermilk recipe for a few times to release air bubbles cake that baked... Her mother reduce heat and stir in the center of the cake is baking, toast pecans... T think i ’ m so excited to share these recipes with real ingredients made easy and Texas... Today – it turned out great better, click here so feel free to add pronounced... Exclusive emails and get this free guide warm or humid, the cake, but i ’ m to... A standard cake recipe as soon as the cake, keep it an! Pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside almost cake-like and get this free guide to. Rolling boil for 30 seconds and pour over the roof and i don ’ t dense. Rectangular pans ’ s my story and i can ’ t wait make... 9×13 ” pan, but that would be a very important question: pecans or no pecans?.... But increase the baking time to about 30-35 minutes a treat after my next party cake recipe with rich...