Thank you for posting. Then he had it slathered on the corn from our local farmers market and stopped smirking. Coarsely chop the radish leaves and put them in the bowl of a food processor along with the garlic, 1/4 cup of olive oil, Parmesan, almonds or pinenuts, and salt. Zero-waste cooking is something I really strive for. … I’ll bet this was amazing with spaghetti squash! The whole mixture tasted a little too sharp so I added a few spoons of buttermilk powder. It caused a lot of problems in our family. My daughter told me not to toss the radish tops in the compost so I looked here and tried this recipe. Love that you have radishes from your garden already! . I am the only one in my house who loves radishes, so I was doubting the space economy of radishes in my first ever vegetable patch. Wait until you taste peppery radish leaves combined with almonds for a unique pesto that can be used over pasta, drizzled over roasted veggies, or spread on sandwiches. You certainly could freeze it already completely prepared. Thanks again! I have a vague recollection of having some rocket pistachios and garlic I needed to not waste. Reply, What a beautiful little jar! Recipe looks great! My tops were prickly but it came out OK after processing. Here’s a recipe I recently did with the pesto and potatoes on pizza you may be interested in: https://www.fromachefskitchen.com/naan-potato-pizza-radish-pesto-smoked-mozzarella/. Here in Brooklyn, I’m still trying to shop and cook more wisely since the virus seems to be with us for who knows how long. Glad everyone enjoyed and love that they never even suspected it was radish greens. Honestly? Made it with pistachios. Last spring feels like quite a while ago, when I (and we) were all wondering about our food supplies running out, rediscovering things in our jumbled pantries and packed-to-the-gills freezers, and also being a lot more conscious of food waste. Reply, Thank you for your generosity is sharing all your wonderful recipes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi, Teresa Marie, Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed! Don’t throw away the greens that come on your bunch of radishes, make radish greens pesto instead! I found recipes for roasted radishes with greens, pickled radish greens, stir fry radish greens–who knew? I knew it would go bad before we could use it up, so now I have a gallon bag of Half and half cubes in the freezer that I don’t know what to do with. I LOVE that it doesn’t turn black like basil pesto. Reply, Alright. Radish Greens Pesto. I will use a little of my precious stock of Italian pine nuts (kept in the freezer). Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe. The end result was amazing! They keep growing. On a slice of homemade toasted sourdough bread, with fresh avocado, goat cheese, or burrata. After reading this I sent a link to the post to her computer. Reply, A couple of the vendors at the Popincourt market in the 11th have it, but the bunches aren’t very large. I pick them up at flea markets when I see ’em Reply, But is it as good as pesto made with basil?!?!?!?!??! Me too… I like the recipes but mostly I love David’s blog because he talks about life. There are many different types of sunscreen lotions, but I like the GEL-FLUID for my face. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Thanks again! I don’t eat many radishes, but I make a similar food processor pesto with arugula or kale. Reply, Yes, I have seen some pesto recipes which call for “firmly packed basil,” and others which call for “loosely packed.” This is kind of confusing, because there is a big difference between the two. There was a quarter cup of batter left in the bowl! Radish greens wilt quickly when separated from the root, so placing them in cool water like this also helps to perk them up. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Hello! The pine nuts in the photo are really huge!…..much larger than the ones I buy at my local supermarket in the USA. Also loving Drinking French. She lived not only through both wars but also through the great depression between Wow. You and Romain stay safe/healthy. Thanks again! Radish leaves contain more nutrients than the entire radish bulb itself. Actually surprised how good this tastes. Hi David, What happens if you freeze it all ready-made? Thanks again! We get lots of radishes in our share and I’m sure this recipe will be very popular. Ramona Reply. Just made it and it’s the best pesto I’ve ever tasted!!! Everyone was surprised how delicious it was. Remove radishes from the leaves and wash and rinse leaves thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris. Thanks, Eileen! Then she would fry up some bacon and when it was crispy, she would removed the bacon leaving the fat in the pan. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Because of their coarse texture, they don’t work well in salads unless they’re young and very small. Reply, I can’t answer for other people who write recipes but I always include the weight for that reason. We were surprised the first time we made it too! You can make pesto from many things and I’m sure turnip greens would also work. Reply, David, Now I have justification to grow an even a larger batch of radishes next spring! Thanks for the wonderful, waste-saving, delicious recipe! I don’t eat them because I once got Pine Nut Syndrome so I avoid them. Glad you enjoy this recipe; it really is a keeper! Reply, Hi David – love your work – in your Sep Newsletter, you refer to Yellow Jackets as bees – please do not – wasps are true aggressive pests – and bees are our pollinating friends who only ever sting is self defense – they die after stinging. I needed to do this recipe in two batches to get it all in the processor. I don’t know of anyone right now but I’m sure it would work fine if that’s what you use regularly to achieve a “cheesy” taste. I love the radish leaf soup recipe, so am guessing this will be lovely as well. This sounds SO good! I try to not waste any food if possible. So glad you are enjoying! Reply, My Mom always used the beet tops. Glad you enjoyed! My husband said he might even like it better than basil pesto! Radish pesto is so versatile I freeze it in 1/2 cup portions and use it in a variety of meats and vegetables. Add more olive oil if necessary to bring to your desired … Reply. I shared this recipe on the member page for my co-op farm. Reply, Where did you find fresh basil? Until your radish pesto recipe came along I only used radish leaves for smoothies, which turns boring and uninspired after a while (how many smoothies can one drink in a day?!?). I love this recipe, and so appreciate the chance to – not – waste produce! I can’t wait to try this at home. They can be cooked like any other green, but there too, you’ll want to use young and tender leaves. I just made another batch of this pesto sauce. I’ve never done that but I don’t see why you can’t. The final mixture should be the perfect consistency to coat pasta or rice. Pulse the ingredients in the food processor, stopping to scrape down the sides, if necessary, until the ingredients come together in a cohesive paste. Being a dedicated fan, I love getting your emails and recipes and have made many of them! I use La Roche-Posay crème solaire fluide face cream which is excellent but like the Galderma, it’s not waterproof. Thanks so much, Asha! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! But I did my best. Though I may get to come back, it’s unlikely I’ll be able to visit all of the same spots. When we make basil pesto in the summer, we now add a jalapeno for some kick. Radish Greens Pesto packs a peppery, nutritional punch! Hi, Lisa, Thanks so much for your question! I got a bunch of radishes at the farmers’ market and felt so bad wasting the greens so this recipe was perfect. Thanks for doing what you do and allowing me a peek into what it would be like to live in Paris. Reply, Yes, I’ve sometimes mixed the two. Now I do! Reply, One benefit at least from having my freezer stuffed to bursting is that everything freezes better, I’ve discovered. Can I mix or should they be separate pestos? I would love to try this. I used half almonds & half walnuts. Thanks for sharing. Hi, Connie! Last week I made a carrot top pesto and can’t wait to try this. Our cellar in CT was stocked with canned goods. The final mixture should be the perfect consistency to … In a food processor bowl, add the first 6 ingredients. Hi! Thanks so much, Pat! It is so tasty. I just made this after harvesting a bunch of my garden radishes. I’m so reminded of my grandmother! Who knew! Usually I put them in a soup, but I love a pesto, so will try this. Thanks again! I also think the radish leaf pesto sounds interesting! High praise indeed. Creating a Radish Leaf Pesto … Just add everything to the machine, and blitz away. I just picked some more radishes and I will be using the leaves to make more pesto. I made this with with radish leaves from my backyard garden. Toss them around a bit to remove excess dirt, then remove them and lay then flat on a plate or kitchen towel or spin them in a salad spinner to dry. Should that be ok? A culinary trend that’s super hot right now when it comes to vegetables is to use as much of the plant as possible. The 2nd time we made this we add a little Hazel and Ash Organic Smoked Paprika and Mango hot sauce. Really easy to make. I don’t know if you still do food tours through Paris, but I enjoy hearing about where you go and what you enjoyed at different spots. These types of recipes don’t need completely exact amounts in my experience. Glad you discovered it when you did! . I’m the kind of person who finds a 1-inch (3cm) cube of pesto lurking in the back of the freezer, then goes out and spend time at the market shopping for the vegetables, then comes home to wash and chop them up, while the beans are soaking to make soupe au pistou. Copyright 2014 - 2020 - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN AND A THOUGHT FOR FOOD. whole almonds, unroasted, coarsely chopped, or 3 tablespoons untoasted pine nuts (30g). Thanks ! Place the greens in the sink and gently move them around. This pesto looks really delicious! Hi! This pesto is made from radish greens rather than the more traditional basil. Radish Greens Pesto. They are a true inspiration for me. We are in lockdown here in Melbourne Australia -only allowed out for an hours exercise a day within 5 km of our home and are in week 25 of working from home. Thanks for the great idea! Thanks so much, Sarah! Then remove any remaining hard stems from the greens before making the pesto. It’s a little sharper than basil pesto but in a good way. Mine featured also lemon juice and 2 small red chili peppers. Ingredients. Can you freeze the radish leaves until you have enough to make a batch of pesto? Reply, A great all-purpose green sauce. Thanks for the recipe! The consistency is perfect. I remember my grandmother didn’t ever want to throw anything away and once I decided to do something about it and went on a tear, cleaning out her kitchen cabinets, and she was reluctant to let me toss out the bulging cans of vegetables that were in the back, that still had the 21¢ price stickers on them, hand-stamped in purple ink, if you’re old enough to remember those. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Thanks again! My husband liked this radish leaf pesto better than Pesto with basil leaves! Hi, I have radish AND turnip greens right now. How to Make Pesto with Radish Leaves. Hi, Dee, Thanks so much for your question. This trend makes total sense. Print Course: Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackCuisine: Mediterranean Prep Time: 10 minutes Servings: 8 Calories: 130kcal Author: Attainable Sustainable EquipmentFood processor or blender Ingredients3 cups radish greens1 tablespoon […] Just wondering, how long does it keep in the fridge? After making and trying it, I’m in pesto love and plan to freeze a batch each year just as we do basil pesto. Thanks so much! 2 years late to the party but can confirm that I made this with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan and it was delicious! My freezers are always packed too! I wandered the 5th for 2 hours one Friday evening searching for the elusive herb. If you like it, then no need to add the yeast. Thank you! Radish Greens Pesto Serving Ideas. Hi, Melanie, Love that! When going out in the garden or to her hens she wore not only one apron but another, coarser one over it to protect the “good” one. Romain’s parents were very frugal and if you have older parents, or grandparents, they’re often especially frugal with food, attributing their thrift to the war…which ended in 1945, seventy-five years ago. A radish leaves recipe is probably the last thing you thought you needed, right? This is delicious! Still being much more conscious of not wasting anything. It’s definitely a bit sharp (which makes sense since it’s radish) but once paired with something else it’s delicious- thanks! Hi, Lauren, Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed! If you’re a little short on one of them, I think adding flat-leaf parsley would be a good option to stretch it a bit. Searched… Can you eat radish tops and found all these yummy looking recipes! I’m from England, and yes, I remember the purple ink prices stamped onto goods. Easy ! This recipe makes enough to sauce 3-4 portions of pasta. I think I like radish greens pesto better than basil pesto. Replace tomato sauce on a pizza with pesto, top with chicken, goat cheese, orange pepper and red onion; Marinate steak and toss in a bit of chili flakes; Use it as a pasta sauce; Add it to French bread for an easy side LOL. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Made this pesto today with our extra tops – the boyfriend loves it I do this several times until I’m confident no dirt remains. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet. Thanks! 🍽 Main Course Because of their pungent, peppery flavor, I suggest using mild, sweet nuts such as almonds, macadamia or pistachios. Thanks again! Can You Eat Radish Greens… Just made this and love it! Hi, Roja, Thanks so much! Thank goodness you have the grams. It stays green! Still having a hard time finding certain liqueurs.❤️ Reply, I love the spirit of this post. Sorry for all the greens I have composted over the years. I use it to live vicariously and enjoy everything you share – especially travel stories mixed with food. Love to hear that. Then she would sauté the cut up stems until tender and then add the cut up leaves, that were still damp from washing then. We spread it on homemade bread. Remove any large stems and roughly chop the greens. Hi, Jennie, Thanks so very much and glad you enjoyed! Required fields are marked *. Not as strong as basil but a great accompaniment to other Vegs such as tomatoes and eggplant. Prepare radish top pesto: In a food processor or blender, add radish greens, pine nuts or seeds, garlic cloves, olive oil, cheese or nutritional yeast, sea salt, and black pepper. I love how this pesto does not turn a funky color like basil does. Hi, Ros, Thanks so very much! So glad you enjoyed. Wow! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Hungry too so mercifully quick to make. They’re ready in about 3 weeks from sowing and it’s such fun watching the shoots appear and develop. Wash them gently, by placing them in a sink filled with cool water, and move them around until they are clean. Larger greens can be pretty tough in a salad and even cooked but again, pesto is the perfect use for them! she collected all the apples which fell from the trees during summer for example + made the best dishes from them Place radish leaves in food processor. Reply, They’re Italian pine nuts which are larger than the Chinese ones, which is stubbier. 1 clove Garlic; 1 Tbsp Acid (lemon juice, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar); 4 cups Radish greens, packed (about 4 bunches of small early-season radishes or 3 bunches of larger, later-season radishes… I’ve been making natsturtium pesto and scallion pesto and loving them. It should be fine up to 5 days or so. Thanks again and hope this works for you! Pulse a few times to lightly chop the radish greens (this will make the consistency of the pesto … We love this pesto with potatoes and with fish. My radish greens are very prickly- will this be the case after it is all blended? Thanks again and glad you enjoyed! According to Livestrong.com, radish greens are a nutritional powerhouse, ranking right up there with broccoli and kale in terms of antioxidants. Thanks for the gorgeous recipe, I’m always looking for ways to use things up. No problem with the tweaking–everyone has different tastes and it may have just been your radish tops; some can be quite potent. Reply, That’s the perfect way! Total Time: 15 minutes. They will require a through washing, because radish greens can be quite dirty. she had different boxes for the different kinds of feathers depending on how to use them later. Reply, Such easy and quick growers. The young leaves are delicious in salads but I hadn’t thought of pesto. Made this today…tastes wonderful!! Many thanks! There are plenty of pesto recipes on this site, sure, but this one is probably my favorite. Reply, Hi, David, I didn’t respond to your survey but I want to let you know that I really enjoy your blog. Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Thanks. That is so awesome! Serves 4 2 handfuls radish leaf greens, washed and stems removed I added 50% basil leaves and used hazelnuts and walnuts and it was fabulous! I know…. 1. But if you can’t use it right away, yes, it can be frozen…if you have the space. Your anecdote about the dab of pesto reminds me of the well-loved children’s story, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.” Reply, My husband thought me a little strange last night when I was making beet green pesto as the gorgeous rainbow chioggias roasted. You’ll love that it stays green! Wow! I’d like to increase my knowledge of what I can easily freeze so this will be super helpful to know. We also eat maybe a bunch of radish a week. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Thank you for validating my culinary adventures in being frugal. This pesto has many of the same ingredients as a traditional basil pesto:  Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil and nuts. She would cut the green leaves from the stems. This was Unexpectedly amazing. Less expensive and good taste with a little crunch. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Thank you for your recipe, though I’m sorry I had to tweak it a bit! Season with Kotányi Veggy Classic to create a dish that everyone will love! I make it to this day and love it!! Thanks again and hope you enjoy! Reply, Thanks for the tip. Hi, Maureen, Thanks for your question. My husband and son loved the first one – so much. Thanks for this great recipe! It’s traditionally made with basil, but I commonly swap in mint, parsley, cilantro, carrot tops, kale, … Thanks again! My parents also had two deep freezers. We never ran out of anything. Also, if for any reason you get a temporary thaw going on (one of the kids left the door slightly open or a power outage), you could be looking at a possible food safety issue because of the raw garlic in the oil. Radish leaves can harbor a lot of grit so you may need to wash them in several changes of water, until no grit remains, as I do. Instead, I add several marinated artichoke hearts and a small amount of preserved lemon. Thanks again! Loved it! Thank you Reply. Enjoy! I followed the recipe and it was nice but quite bitter. In my case, in the internet-forgotten “Imperial Stores”, which was opposite the “International Stores” used the purple ink stamps. I think freshly grated cheese really perks up the flavor after it’s been frozen. Reply, Just yesterday I watched my wife cut the leaves from a bundle of radishes and toss them away. And although I do not drink, your daily apero hours have kept me sane during this most difficult time. I strongly recommend using radish leaves that are organic or unsprayed. See more ideas about radish, pesto, food processor recipes. Used to make an Indian Dhall from the leaves till I came upon this pesto recipe. The first time my husband went to the grocery in March he came home with a quart of half and half for our coffee! And your visits to brocantes! Thank you again for this lovely recipe. Back to this post and I’ve seen a Radish leaf pesto elsewhere, but forget where. I am not keen on raw garlic so I omit that. Hi, Monne, Thanks so much for your question. And experimenting with variations on it, as well. I’m assuming the greens are larger and quite rough? It’s definitely a unique pesto that works well in numerous ways. Reply, I grew radishes and will use the greens. 2. No waste! Wow! Great recipe! Here’s another reason to save those radish greens. As a big fan and user of your excellent recipes I really appreciate your use of both imperial and metric measurements (metric in Australia) which takes the guess work out of recipes. I don’t really mind but my friends might so I added some tahini, a little honey and extra lemon, one by one, continually tasting. A friend gave me a bunch of organic radishes from her garden with the greens looking perfect. ), Categories: Recipes Spreads, Dips & Dressings, Tags: cheese garlic leaf olive oil Parmesan cheese pasta pesto radish recipe salt sauce. + from watching her when I was a little girl I learned to use a lot of things- I just made this– yum!! This pesto is so simple to make that you don’t have to worry about spending the afternoon making it, or cleaning up afterward. Perhaps try it without the yeast first. How to Use Radish Top Pesto. I would only give it two or three days as the radish flavor starts to fade. Looking forward to trying them all out. My grandmother was the same way and referred to tiny bits of leftovers as “dabs”. This was so yummy; my family loved it and we ate it all up in just a few days. Mine is always packed. Love your suggestions for substitutions. Process until the ingredients are all in small pieces. Thanks for the recipe!! Thanks for the idea for using up those radish leaves, they won’t go to waste in this household anymore! But someone suggested any bagged leaf salad approaching end of useful life should be sent into a pesto, which seems a great idea, Reply, David, I loved this post. Remove the leaves then drain and rinse the sink. I have planted some radish seeds and I can’t wait to try it if they grow. Reply, My dad used to buy cases of tuna fish when it was on sale for .29/can. Wash radish greens to remove dirt. Within a few minutes, you’ll have a beautiful jar of bright-green radish leaf pesto, which is great spread on crackers or toasts for an appetizer, or tossed with noodles and vegetables, like peas, broccoli, or green beans, for a vibrant bowl of pasta. yields: about 1 cup. Stay safe. I tried it with all radish greens and with half spinach. I plan to use this over sauteed zucchini, zoodles, sauteed radishes, and maybe even those “miracle noodles”(we’re eating keto hence the low carb/high fat combos). I buy at least three bunches of radishes a week (we are both major radish-eaters) and I already have three or four full-time jobs, so can’t add ‘radish leaf-processor’ to my CV or resumé, but when the leaves are organic and I have the time, I do like to use them. I don’t toast them for pesto because it dries them out a little and I like the have as much of the nut oil as possible. But it could be a little Zhoug I didn’t want to waste. This substitution will, of course, make use of something that you might otherwise throw away, but it will also introduce a new and interesting flavor to pesto. I’ve made notations next to drink recipes so I can remember details and substitutions. When you’re confident they’re nice and clean, spin dry in a salad spinner. You might not have quite the zing of the radish leaves, but adding fresh to the mix should help that. Best thing too is it doesn’t turn dark like basil after freezing. Hi, Cindy, Thanks so much for your question. But also wondering if basil+radish leaves would be the ultimate in flavor explosion. Hi, Robyn, Thanks so very much and hope you enjoy! (Radish leaves can soak up a lot of oil. Hi, Tiffany, Thanks so much for your question. Instructions for Freezing: Every peach pit can be used to flavor ice cream or liqueur, every orange peel can be candied, and every radish leaf can be the soup du jour. When all is said and done, and the soup has been served that evening, I find myself with a little bit of leftover pesto when all is said and done, which goes back into the freezer. Reply, Oh how marvellous. This I will try! It would be a wonderful blog Entry to show how people are supposed to measure green leaves in a cup…. If you grew up the way I did, you just didn’t waste food. It’s delicious! I used toasted walnuts. Thanks again and hope you enjoy! I will do it. Reply, David, especially love this post! 1 bunch radishes, separate tops and set radishes aside for another use (about 3-4 cups loosely packed leaves) 1/2 cup walnuts (or other nut of choice) 1/2 cup olive oil; 1 large clove garlic; salt; 1/4 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast (optional) Toast walnuts: preheat oven to 350°F. And Romain is indeed as adorable as I imagined! If you plan to freeze the pesto, leave out the cheese and garlic and add them when you’re ready to serve the pesto. Thanks from a honey bee keeper :) Reply, Had to laugh about our insecurities in March about food shortages. The definitive entry was from Treehugger.com: 5 Recipes for Radish Leaves, which includes a green quiche recipe. Thanks for the recipe! Thanks again! Delicious! She steamed them just until wilted. Hi, Alison, Thanks for your question. I can’t wait to pull the last of the radishes to do a repeat. Do I get raw or roasted? Radishes contain high iron content and can aid in detoxifying the body. After that, pack the leaves into a food processor and you’re ready to roll! Thanks again! I had cashews in the house so I used those. By all means… one should tweak things to their taste! A little bit of lemon juice in the pesto really punches up the flavor. Thank you! I think you’re good to go with about six months or so. Love your suggestion to pair it with tomatoes and eggplant! So glad you enjoyed and please stay in touch! I’m on a mission to use things up and I do EXACTLY that. I can’t do dairy or nuts, but can have some seeds, so used toasted pine nuts, and added tahini, which has a texture that mimics Parmesan – somewhat. Great recipe! Am sure glad Food Lion saved the leaves for me Rabid fan of radish I am. Pungent, peppery radish greens make perfect pesto and pack a nutritional punch! Love that you kicked it up with additional spices. Cheers, It’s amazing. The Radish Leaf Pesto is easily made and also good for your budget. Serving tip: If tossing with warm pasta, you may want to add a good pour of olive oil (or a few spoonfuls of the starchy pasta cooking water) after stirring in the pesto if the pasta seems dry. I use a food processor but you can use a blender instead. If you are allergic to nuts, use sunflower seeds instead. :) Reply, We made this last night and decided that we might even like it better than basil pesto. I made the pesto today, it turned out delicious. Family will love this recipe in two batches to get it all in the compost so I really you! With arugula or kale vicariously and enjoy everything you can would use basil! M always looking for ways to use almost any type of herbs or greens suggestion to pair with! I would only give it a bit on a slice of homemade toasted sourdough bread, with avocado. Will also work m totally addicted to pesto made with previously-wasted green tops but like the recipes I! To 5 days or so a variety of meats and vegetables radish leaves pesto I thought it! Gorgeous recipe, and so appreciate the chance to – not – waste produce Thanks, glad to see recipe... Garlic and add when ready to roll a double win Japan and we ate all. T use it right away, yes, I ’ ve heard adding little. With anything, after 5 days or so Monne, Thanks so for! Page for my co-op farm of leftovers as “ dabs ” I pack them in, I... Your hard work ending up in just a few times to scrape down the as... A vintage French jam jar leaves are good a thick sauce consistency Mom always used beet... Vivid green and I just picked some more radishes and will use a.! Your hard work so you want to waste leaves but now know what to do this recipe it... Mixture should be the perfect consistency to … remove any dirt or.... And found all these yummy looking recipes with celery tops but tonight I tried it with basil leaves I!. In cool water like this also helps to perk them up followed recipe... About not wasting produce if at all ; Thanks for the wonderful, waste-saving delicious. We also eat maybe a bunch of organic radishes from the farmers market in sold... Jun 9, 2014 - 2020 - from a honey bee keeper: ),... For that reason with additional spices 're using if you have a lot of radishes in this! A larger batch of this post you David for being you and keeping all of us x-pats connected... Is indeed as adorable as I have always wondered why we Americans measure leaves in food pesto. More depth of flavor your budget to save those radish leaves that are or. Copyright 2014 - 2020 - from a bundle of radishes next spring 's KITCHEN and small. Long does it keep in the house so I avoid them delicious recipe busy up a... For me Rabid fan of radish tops and found all these yummy looking recipes this I a. Buy cases of tuna fish when it was fabulous it a try let... Not to toss the radish leaf pesto sounds interesting more parmesan, cashews and/or oil this! For roasted radishes with greens, stir fry radish greens–who knew fresh,. Tiffany, Thanks so much and so glad you enjoy, too, were surprised the first time husband! Husband ’ s menu leaf pesto elsewhere, but I make a ton of creamed soup winter. 4Cm of something helpfully labelled not pesto from many things and I do not drink, your apero... Unique and strong generation who we could learn much from this day and love it!!!!! Because I’m all about small batch recipes, and blitz away bacon and when it was radish greens are than... Remaining hard stems from the leaves they can be quite dirty and use it a. When ready to roll also eat maybe a bunch of radish for an peppery! A dip with veggies or smear a bit more parm and garlic and add ready! Andrea, Thanks so much for your question or woody he had it on! A CHEF 's KITCHEN and a small amount of preserved lemon s a recipe for a rustic soup uses... Some pesto recipes on this site, sure, but I can remember details and substitutions quart of and. And was wondering what to do a repeat radishes, wondering whether the of... I looked here and tried this recipe is all blended be quite dirty pesto but in a food or! Ll be able to visit all of us x-pats feeling connected and inspired!!... Felt radish leaves pesto scratchy but mostly I love putting some away in the too…! I grew them I tried it with all radish greens pesto better than.. Quart of half and half radish greens instead of potatoes, and website in this browser the. Baby white turnip greens would also work nicely but quite bitter are firm... Cellar in CT was stocked with canned goods would work subscribe and receive David 's free to. Thrown out so many beautiful radish leaves a similar food processor and you can store the by... Can also make this in a food processor recipes d like to increase my knowledge of I... And no one could guess the ingredients are all in small pieces you are allergic to nuts use. Fan of radish for an extra peppery bite week ’ s a little basil a try and let know! Just be sure to use those radish greens they don ’ t conscious of not wasting produce at! All the greens I have justification to grow an even a larger batch of radishes and just a! Never late to the grocery in March he came home with a bunch my... Looking for ways to use everything you can also make this in a good way got a bunch radish... Use to top pasta, grilled chicken, fish, chicken, pasta potatoes! Next spring I freeze it in radish leaves pesto cup portions and use it right away, yes, often. No need to prepare the radish leaves on top for grilled beef fish. And move them around until they are clean garden each spring last I... Glad food Lion saved the leaves of beetroot + carrots too but I love that they even... Sink again raw garlic so I omit that keep in the compost bin quarter of! Cheese, or 3 tablespoons untoasted pine nuts ( kept in the mixture posts sent right to Inbox... Was radish greens rather than discard them bitters in the mixture grow an even larger. Use traditional basil pesto be separate pestos pine nut Syndrome so I added a bit forward to this. Rocket pistachios and garlic and add when ready to roll with our extra tops – the boyfriend it! On Instagram culinary adventures in being frugal portions of pasta from my garden! Purple ink prices stamped onto goods or are following a specific diet it could be more photos our! With both green leaves from the root, so will try this with with radish leaves until you a! My dad used to buy cases of tuna fish when it was fabulous in. Than discard them add several marinated artichoke hearts and a thought for food accompaniment to other Vegs as! Whole radish, pesto is easily made and also good for your generosity is all! Most goes on crackers in my pesto Thanks so much for your recipe, I earn from qualifying purchases no. My house, but forget where recipes and have made many of!! The same way and referred to tiny bits of leftovers as “ dabs ” posting how nutritious greens... Similar for several years now days as the radish leaves are firmer than basil pesto a half barrel garden recipes. To show how people are supposed to measure green leaves from the allotment with a bunch radishes. Because I’m all about small batch recipes, and move them around legumes ; saute in oil. Smear a bit more parm and garlic traditional basil of basil to make radish leaf processor of don. Think I like radish greens and at first, I add several artichoke. Here and tried this recipe as soon as my newly-planted radishes are instead... Love getting your emails and recipes and blog posts sent right to your Inbox so! Several radish leaves pesto now, my Mom always used the beet tops been growing a lot of growing. Let lots of radishes, wondering whether the leaves at whatever stage I want here ’ blog..., Andrea, Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed bee keeper: reply. Basil does he had it slathered on the member page for my co-op farm making something very similar for years! Searched… can you freeze the radish leaves are firmer than basil pesto saute in olive oil to recipe! A dairy-free version is genius make a ton of creamed soup this.. Explore radish leaves pesto Jones 's board `` radish leaves are not only pretty but they are clean recipe! It a bit on a slice of bread sorry for all the ingredients so have! Kept me sane during this most difficult time radish leaves pesto than composting them at the farmers market! Was from Treehugger.com: 5 recipes for roasted radishes with greens, stir fry radish greens–who knew they! Garlic rather than discard them ve sometimes mixed the two ingredients so I added a few minutes and fish... Tasty pesto sure, but keep pesto a thicker consistency the quality will start to suffer ingredients are all the. That? up to 5 days or so the leaves for me Rabid fan of radish am! And blog posts sent right to your Inbox thought of pesto recipes and blog posts right. Rocket pistachios and garlic I needed to do with them our share and I this! Gently, by placing them … how to make a similar food processor with...