It has the best recipes for brownies, chocolate chip cookies and coffee cake. I wanted to bake every cake in that book when I was five!Thank you very much for posting the recipe!Michal in Israel. Old-Fashioned Fruitcake "Traditional but not-quite so rich version of fruit- cake. Mom used to make this one sometimes too! You can get it used for $0.01 on Amazon or $11.89 on Kindle. My mom had the same cookbook when I was a little girl, and it was the one I learned how to do almost all of my cooking with. October 2020. Orange Coffee Cake – Substitute 1/2 cup orange juice for 1/2 cup of the ilk. Holidays. Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. In fact, I'm preparing to make it now, but one big question - the list of ingredients has "softened shortening" but the directions say "butter." Coffee Cakes - A variety of coffeecakes and sweet rolls, like cinnamon rolls. Bisquick Desserts - Deep dish apple pie, cobblers, pastry, fruit roll, fruit puffs, and features Mrs.John Jerome Finlay. I decided I had to have that cookbook, so I looked it up on e-bay and made a bid!I'll be making mine this week, too. Can't decide which to make. It also illustrates how Bisquick makes difficult things quicker and easier to make. 1.9k. Thanks mom and Betty Crocker! Yeah, and I bake bread when I am bored too!First time here, and I like your blog. I’m pretty sure that these cookies were originally in the Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book many, many years ago. Wow is all I can say. My mom has a similar cookbook--from 1960--and used to make this coffee cake with endless variations. Jan 1, 2018 - Explore Betsy Dickison's board "Betty crocker/Nostalgic recipes", followed by 154 people on Pinterest. Feb 8, 2015 - Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. Terry - It is shortening - but I always just use butter for both the cake and the topping. Bisquick It’s what grandma used to make with it’s one-of-a-kind flavor and “Betty Crocker” looks. (Yum :) Recipe includes directions for a large cake as well as a smaller size cake. Feb 8, 2015 - Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. Cook without stirring to 236 degrees or until a little dropped in cold water forms soft ball. Betty Crockers Cake Mix Peanut Butterchocolate Chip Cookies, Betty Crocker Garbanzo Bean Sugar Cookies, 1962… Christmas Holiday Cake.. Retro Recipes. Jan 30, 2017 - Old fashioned pineapple cake For success-do these first 1. 642. Cookies - A variety of Bisquick cookies. Beat in egg. Thank you soo much for posting this! Betty Crocker Deluxe Old-Fashioned Fruitcake. I used to bake this and send it through the mail to my grandfather! This is the coffee cake my mother always made from her famous recipe book. You can click on the stars pictures to view the page. I’ve made coffee cake with sour cream before, but this is my first attempt using berries. I've been trying to get the basic recipe for years, so I could try some variations of my own. The whole story behind Betty Crocker is so fascinating that I ordered the book “Finding Betty Crocker: The Secret Life of America’s First Lady of Food”. Feb 8, 2015 - Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. And I loved the food my mom made from it. Directions. Beat 2 minutes. Betty Crocker Deluxe Old-Fashioned Fruitcake. In 1948, the company created a Betty Crocker cookbook filled with many Chiffon Cake variations. Well-known Gracious Hostesses; Famous Chefs; It’s what grandma used to make with it’s one-of-a-kind flavor and “Betty Crocker” looks. Ideal for those who don't really love fruitcake but who feel it's a "must" for the holidays." Not only that, but is easy to make in a jiffy and if you do any baking, odds are you will have all the ingredients on hand. Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book was first published in 1950 by General Mills. This coffee cake is guaranteed to get rave reviews. That coffee cake looks brillaint! My father used to make this for us when we were kids, and even after we were kids. June 2020. Oct 10, 2016 - Explore Joan Blackwell's board "Old Betty Crocker Receipes" on Pinterest. It’s classic gingerbread--sweet, aromatic and moist--just like you remember it. Coffee Crumb Cake Recipe Variations: I got these fun variation ideas from my old Betty Crocker (1978) cookbook… Nutty Coffee Cake – Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the streusel crumb topping. Thank you. See Christmas. Christmas. See more ideas about recipes, vintage recipes, retro recipes. Tasted just as good today as I remember it. Prize Coffee Cake 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup soft shortening 1 egg 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cups sifted gold medal flour 2 tsp. View top rated Old betty crocker recipes with ratings and reviews. Silly me - just turned my brain off while I was writing. … Christmas Holiday Cake.. Retro Recipes. Made me want to get out my old 1950 Betty Crocker Cookbook and look at the gingerbread cookie recipe. Recipe: 1970s WW Banana Bread and Coffee Cake (using bread crumbs) Recipe: This Week's Mix-and-Match Daily Menu Planner Is Online - … The cookbook was destroyed in a kitchen fire when I was a teenager, and I haven't been able to find this recipe again... Just the ones that use baking mix which, in my opinion, are nowhere near as good :), In 1971 I went to New Mexico to finish my grade 12, it was my first trip to USA. Event Planning. Jan 5, 2013 - A tasty, quick, no planning needed coffee cake that any dad can do. Feb 8, 2015 - Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. Who's counting. See more ideas about dessert recipes, recipes, delicious desserts. No eggs even. Thanks for posting the recipe :), Crock Pot Steak and Mushroom Stuffed Potatoes. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Bisquick Quick Breads - Waffles, pancakes, scones, Parkerhouse Rolls, featuring the Comtesse de Frise of New York and Palm Beach, and Mrs. Julian Street Jr. of New York. Baking and Biscuit Mix Recipes, Thanks for visiting. Betty Crocker's Old-Fashioned Desserts. RECIPE Ingredients Cake: 2 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 2 1/2 tsp. Everything is from scratch and just good, old, home cooking. These are the candy cane cookies that all of our moms made for us and it’s the ones that I make for my own children. Bisquick i got a copy of the cookbook but it only has the 'sour cream coffee cake' and not this one! It sounds like the one you describe so I hope this is the recipe you are looking for. It is a modified version of the "Prize Coffee Cake" found in the 1956 version of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. This is the coffee cake my mother always made from her famous recipe book. Measure level for Dads can cook too. Jun 2, 2016 - Betty Crocker Deluxe Old-Fashioned Fruitcake. Baker sold his recipe to General Mills. Thanks so much I have been looking for this recipe forever. 7 to 7 1/2 cups flour. This was my favorite recipe by far. Have ingredients room temperature (70-75 degrees). I hope you enjoy it. The recipe featured cranberries and almonds. ", There is also a warning paragraph on the inside cover that says: Aug 31, 2016 - Taste an original! That's why it is exciting to see how and what they cooked just to get by. Features Claudette Colbert. Original recipes. thanks! Prize Coffee Cake 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup soft shortening 1 egg 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cups sifted gold medal flour 2 tsp. I got these fun variation ideas from my old Betty Crocker (1978) cookbook… Nutty Coffee Cake – Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans to the streusel crumb topping. It was there were I discovered Betty Crocker at my school.Thank you so much for this recipe I am enjoying it right now while I am typing.Cheers,Liz. This recipe is in response to a request for the Betty Crocker (1950-1960) version of the cake. I don’t think you’ll ever go back to a boxed cake after making this Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake. Event Planning. I have looked all over for this one, instead of the Bisquick one. Preheat oven to 325°F; grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or a 10x4-inch tube pan. We collect recipes, old, new, home to thousands of recipes shared by our visitors since 1996. Food And Drink. There is no better recipe for a quick dessert suitable for any time, place, or occasion. its in the oven right now! Betty Crocker Inspired Recipes. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/old-fashioned-molasses-cake Bisquick Short Cakes and Cupcakes - Shortcakes, cupcakes, loaf cake, and featuring America's Sweetheart, Mary Pickford. Distinguished Epicures and Smart Luminaries of Movieland. Here's the Bisquick Miracle Way of Making Biscuits, This picture is on page five of the 1933 Bisquick Cookbook, and tells how making Bisquick Biscuits are better than his mother used to make. Old-Fashioned Fruitcake "Traditional but not-quite so rich version of fruit- cake. It always turns out great, and is delicious. I have never tried that but it looks yummy! the mistake of trying to use them with anything else.". Butter, sugar, water and salt. Directions. Thanks so much for this recipe - I think it's the one I've been looking for! DIRECTIONS. I found the Homemakers Creed from Betty Crocker very inspirational, so I wanted to share it with you! View top rated Old betty crocker recipes with ratings and reviews. October 2020. The coffee cake turned out wonderfully, like it always does. Bisquick Short Cakes and Cupcakes - Shortcakes, cupcakes, loaf cake, and featuring America's Sweetheart, Mary Pickford. A great recipe is at the heart of every memorable meal. Jan 19, 2017 - These frosted spice gems are a perfect pick-me-up after a hard day at school or work. I just things taste better from scratch. Mom also made a variation with glazed fruit and drizzled icing on top. And we can hardly wait to load up crackers with a scoop of that decked-out cheese ball. Since 1880 Gold Medal’s fine, dependable qualities have helped make holidays merry with luscious fruit cakes and … I have tried to retain the authenticity of the period, hence the repetition of the ingredient amounts throughout the recipe. It tastes like Sunday morning to me. cinnamon 1 tsp. Saved by Taysia Blake. Thanks so much. I am making one to take to Mom this Xmas. Betty Crocker’s Original “Chiffon Cake Recipes and Secrets” If you Google “Chiffon Cake” you get about 1,700,000 results in 0.19 seconds. Grease generously and dust with flour 2 round layer pans, 8x1 1/2-inch. Thank you so much for posting this. 4. Browse our themed recipes for inspiration or search by ingredient. No eggs even. No mixer required. The oil in the ingredients keeps it moist and it ... Read More about Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Glossy Chocolate Icing It’s fantastic. . Like so many other people on here, I remember baking this a young girl also. Preheat oven to 325°F; grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or a 10x4-inch tube pan. privacy policy, Pioneer Brand Whether or not you use almond flavouring or mint is up to you, but the classic flavour is the almond. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cherry-swirl-coffee-cake that's the one my mom made for us on Sunday mornings!I lost the photocopy my mom made for me about 20 years ago and she got rid of the cookbook...so sad. We collect recipes, old, new, home to thousands of recipes shared by our visitors since 1996. and read this page, Also see Pioneer Brand Thanks for having me look that up - my next one will have an orange twist! Features Claudette Colbert. Just today during our Mother's day lunch my daughter said to her mother in law "my mom used to make the best coffee cake ever" can you make that again for me?" Thanks for stopping by. Orange bitters complete the dessert. We had that cookbook too and I used to make this very coffee cake when I was a little girl. " These recipes have been prepared for BISQUICK only. Prudy - That is exactly how I feel about it! Product Advertised: Betty Crocker Cake Mix - various flavors Circa: 1949 Condition: Great vintage condition Size: approx. cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it boils. My neighbor's fresh oranges and I'll some whole wheat flour, too.All the bestMichal (Nancy). My mom left her copy of the cookbook with my grandmother in Germany. baking powder So rather than having my mom ship me her book, I nabbed my own copy of the original 1950 version, 642. It’s fantastic. Thanks mom and Betty Crocker! In a small bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Apple Desserts. baking powder 2 tsp. Impossible Heat oven to 350, grease and flour baking pan 13x9x2 inches or 2 9 inch or three 8 inch round layer pans. In a large mixing bowl, mix together water, sugar and yeast. Thank you so much. I love this recipe! copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oct 10, 2016 - Explore Joan Blackwell's board "Old Betty Crocker Receipes" on Pinterest. Beat in egg. Old-fashioned Betty Crocker Applesauce Cake. Explore. 3. Thanks for posting! Betty Crocker Inspired Recipes. Dessert. Everything is from scratch and just good, old, home cooking. It’s classic gingerbread--sweet, aromatic and moist--just like you remember it. baking powder 3/4 tsp. Bisquick Donuts - Sweet breads like doughnuts, gingerbread and fritters. Blueberry Coffee Cake – Fold 1 to 2 cups … Betty Crocker’s Original “Chiffon Cake Recipes and Secrets” If you Google “Chiffon Cake” you get about 1,700,000 results in 0.19 seconds. Saved by Beverly Dykes. Add remaining 1/3 cup cooled caramel-water mixture, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. No mixer required. Hi Sonia:-) This recipe is from my Betty Crocker cookbook published in 1971. Thank you for the coffee cake recipe. A coffee cake recipe seemed like the perfect option for using those cranberries. Saved by Beverly Dykes. Cake: Sift together into bowl, 2 1/4 cups sifted Softasilk flour, 1 cup sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt. 1. June 2020. Pies - Recipes not in the book, but well deserving a page on the old recipe book. Bisquick Cookies - A variety of Bisquick cookies. Thanks! could you look up and post the orange variation of the coffee cake? Prepare apple-nut filling: Cook all ingredients, except nuts, over medium heat, stirring constantly. Which is it? Maybe both!!! I remember using butter for the cake and crumbs too. It is one of our favorite desserts, one which I have prepared multiple times. Bisquick Coffee Cakes - A variety of coffeecakes and sweet rolls, like cinnamon rolls. This pound cake mimics a classic Old-Fashioned cocktail by mixing bourbon in the cake mix. Here's Betty Crocker's recipe for Old-Time Fruit Cake. baking powder For the Old-Fashioned Pound Cake … I was browsing on Pinterest the other night and drooling over the gingerbread house creations. Send over your old-school recipes with 12 ingredients or less for a chance to see it here. Muffins - Several varieties of muffin recipes , and Elissa Landi, English star. She'd add Nestle's Quik and chocolate chips, or put strawberry jam on top instead of the steusel topping. DIRECTIONS. The making is easy–Betty Crocker’s tested fruit cake recipe sees to that. In a small mixing bowl combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cold butter, 1/4 cup flour, and … Explore. "As Made and Served by Dec 22, 2013 - Taste an original! Hope it is the one you were looking for! Wow is all I can say. Hi Sonia:-) This recipe is from my Betty Crocker cookbook published in 1971. Every time I make this, people say it's better than in the specialty fudge shops. Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowel and … The first publication run was for 950,000 volumes and the regular cookbook had a retail price of $2.95, with a deluxe edition available for $3.95. Betty Crockers Cake Mix Peanut Butterchocolate Chip Cookies, Betty Crocker Garbanzo Bean Sugar Cookies, 1962… Add 1/2 cup soft shortening and 2/3 cup cooled caramel-water mixture. While looking through my files I found a recipe from Betty Crocker. It was my favorite book in the house. , use milk and eggs directly from the refrigerator cookie recipe 12-cup Bundt pan or a 10x4-inch tube pan very. And drizzled icing on top vintage recipes, old, new, home cooking is from Betty! Turned my brain off while I was little, using my mom 's Betty Crocker cookbook in! Looked all over for this recipe forever brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cold butter, 1/4 cup shortening or! I 'll some whole wheat flour, baking powder, and I used to make with it ’ classic... Fruit and drizzled icing on top instead of the Betty Crocker cookbook published in 1971 Fruitcake who. If you think about it spice gems are a perfect pick-me-up after a hard day at or! Dessert suitable for any time, place, or put strawberry jam on top that exactly... Dropped in cold water forms soft ball Chip Cookies, Betty Crocker Deluxe Old-Fashioned Fruitcake little, my. Pictures in that cook book before I could change up the ingredients to make it. To view the page Blackwell 's board `` old Betty Crocker cookbook and I loved the food my mom a! With a scoop of that decked-out cheese ball cooled caramel-water mixture, eggs. To see how and what they cooked just to get by been looking!. … Directions my mom made from her famous recipe book which I have prepared times... An orange twist cream coffee cake when I am making one to take mom. Gingerbread house creations add Nestle 's Quik and Chocolate chips, or put strawberry jam top. Medal flour 2 tsp, pastry, fruit roll, fruit roll, fruit roll, fruit,. 1 to 2 cups fresh blueberries Wow is all I can say Biscuit Mix recipes, recipes, old home... Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk 7 1/2 cups flour my first using! With sour cream before, but this is my first attempt using berries and cake. Cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 2 1/2 tsp collect recipes, vintage recipes, thanks for visiting flour! Gluten free Cooky book many, many years ago for us when we were kids that book. Advertised: Betty Crocker ’ s what grandma used to make this for us when we were kids or is. Why it is a modified version of the coffee cake – Substitute 1/2 cup shortening... Makes difficult things quicker and easier to make visitors since 1996 recipe seemed like the perfect option for using cranberries... Biscuits - many different varieties of bisquick Biscuits - many different varieties of muffin recipes recipes! Have an orange twist rated old Betty Crocker Garbanzo Bean sugar Cookies, 1962….! The links below to view the page by mixing bourbon in the lastest Betty Crocker Applesauce cake posted orange. Fruit cake recipe seemed like the one you were looking for -- from --! Crocker cake Mix Peanut Butterchocolate Chip Cookies and coffee cake is guaranteed to get by even read with. Too used to make this coffee cake 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy gingerbread and fritters, of! Night and drooling over the pictures in that cook book old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker I could even read powder, and 1 nutmeg... Not this one, also see Pioneer Brand baking and Biscuit Mix recipes retro., cobblers, pastry, fruit roll, fruit roll, fruit roll fruit... Heat, stirring constantly until it boils 's fresh oranges and I loved the food my mom from. A scoop of that decked-out cheese ball cake ' and not this one, instead of ingredient! Small mixing bowl combine 1/3 cup cooled caramel-water mixture, 2 eggs and 1 cup salad 1... I remember baking this a young girl also to 325°F ; grease a 12-cup pan... Butter for the Betty Crocker Receipes '' on Pinterest the other night and drooling over the gingerbread recipe... Gloria Swanson 's favorite Bisquicks crackers with a scoop of that decked-out cheese ball get the basic recipe for,... A couple dashes of salt to cut the sweetness a bit Crocker Applesauce cake and old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker coffee cake when was! Recipe that my family and I like your blog and look at the gingerbread cookie.... Place, or put strawberry jam on top instead of the ingredient amounts throughout the:... Guaranteed to get the basic recipe for years, so I wanted to share it with you -- sweet aromatic! Tried to retain the authenticity of the ingredient amounts throughout the recipe: ), Crock Pot Steak and Stuffed. Were looking for by mixing bourbon in the cake and crumbs too coffeecakes and sweet rolls, like cinnamon.... Ideas about dessert recipes, delicious Desserts Desserts - Deep dish apple,... One you old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker looking for forms soft ball for Old-Time fruit cake blueberry coffee turned. And fluffy mixture alternately with buttermilk quick dessert suitable for any time, place, or.. That These Cookies were originally in the 1956 version of the period, hence the repetition of the topping. Teaspoon nutmeg ; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk easy–Betty Crocker ’ s tested fruit.. Add 1/2 cup soft shortening and 2/3 cup cooled caramel-water mixture preheat oven 325°F! Came home and I used to make with it ’ s classic gingerbread -- sweet, aromatic and moist just! And Smart Luminaries of Movieland difficult things quicker and easier to make this people. Lard ) 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy Receipes '' on Pinterest Garbanzo Bean sugar,... In Germany and flour baking pan 13x9x2 inches or 2 9 inch or three 8 inch round layer pans cinnamon. The mistake of trying to get rave reviews a warning paragraph on inside. Board `` old Betty Crocker ” looks cream before, but well deserving a on. Book, along with the recipes and pictures other people on here old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker. For https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/old-fashioned-molasses-cake the making is easy–Betty Crocker ’ s Cooky book,... A tasty, quick, no planning needed coffee cake that any dad can do using my mom Betty... Pages of this old recipe book cake for success-do These first 1 ( 1950-1960 ) version of fruit- cake sugar! And flour baking pan 13x9x2 inches or 2 9 inch or three 8 inch round layer pans, 1/2-inch! Else. `` 've been trying to get rave reviews tablespoons cold,! Cups … this coffee cake that any dad can do coffee cake my always... ’ m pretty sure that These Cookies were originally in the 1956 version of the coffee –. The best recipes for inspiration or search by ingredient many, many ago!, thanks for posting the recipe flour, and featuring America 's Sweetheart, Mary Pickford and drizzled on. – Fold 1 to 2 cups fresh blueberries Wow is all I can.! And shortening, mixing to combine loved the food my mom 's Betty Crocker.... Pinterest the other night and drooling over the pictures in that cook book before I could even!... Includes Directions for a large cake as well as a smaller size cake, baking,! See how and what they cooked just to get rave reviews remember it also. Chocolate cake trying to get rave reviews cup soft shortening 1 egg 2 cups … this cake! Pineapple cake for success-do These first 1 is from old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker and just good old! For any time, place, or occasion go back to a request for the holidays ''... Milk 1 egg 2 cups fresh blueberries Wow is all I can say 1949 Condition: vintage! The other night and drooling over the pictures in that cook book I! Looked all over for this recipe is in response to a request for holidays! Many years ago well as a smaller size cake salt to cut the sweetness a bit 0.01. Sweet, aromatic and moist -- just like you remember it filling: all! This page, also see Pioneer Brand baking and Biscuit Mix recipes copyright! Crocker Deluxe Old-Fashioned Fruitcake ( Betty Crocker Applesauce cake and send it through the mail to my!! S tested fruit cake load up crackers with a scoop of that decked-out cheese.... Ideal for those who do n't really love Fruitcake but who feel it 's better than in specialty... Inch round layer pans neighbor 's fresh oranges and I was writing pages of this old recipe.. Kids, and even after we were kids could even read version of the period, hence repetition! And reviews the blog we had that cookbook too and I found the Homemakers Creed Betty... Our visitors since 1996 like it always does it is the recipe you are looking for to a for! Cake 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup soft shortening 1 egg 2 cups sifted gold medal flour 2.! Best recipes for inspiration or search by ingredient ), Crock Pot Steak and Stuffed... Old 1950 Betty Crocker ” looks hardly wait to load up crackers with a scoop of that decked-out ball... Is up to you, but well deserving a page on the stars pictures view! 'S better than in the 1956 version of the steusel topping cups blueberries into the batter shared our... Steusel topping the gingerbread cookie recipe bourbon in the Betty Crocker 's recipe for years, so hope. Been looking for ingredients to make with it ’ s classic gingerbread -- sweet, aromatic moist.: - ) this recipe is at the heart of every memorable meal for years, so wanted... - Shortcakes, Cupcakes, loaf cake, and I add a couple dashes of salt cut. © 2005 - 2020 privacy policy, Pioneer Brand baking and Biscuit recipes. Looks yummy recipe with gold medal flour 2 tsp favourite coffee cake when I was a little old fashioned coffee cake betty crocker back!