But I'm told that having pets is good for us. And that's exactly what we need in 2020. Record of Youth – NETFLIX ORIGINAL This drama follows the lives of three people in today’s fashion industry. For weeks friends have been urging me to watch My Octopus Teacher. Feeding is complicated and expensive — you can't run out to the pet store for octopus chow. Picture: Tom Foster/Netflix. ‘I didn’t name her because I didn’t want to make her into a curiosity or a pet. 2020 U 1h 25m Documentaries. Photo: Netflix. My Octopus Teacher (Netflix) Filmmaker (Craig Foster, left) forms an unusual friendship with an octopus living in a South African kelp forest, learning as the animal shares her world. But it falls into no such trap. Few, however, can claim to have bonded with an octopus. And then you can tell everyone you know about it. My Octopus Teacher – NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY An unusual friendship develops between a filmmaker and an octopus living in a South African kelp forest that shares the mysteries of its world. Foster immerses himself and observes as she hunts, camouflages herself and even seemingly plays with other creatures in the sea. Playing next. all James Reed An VIII (Viii) Pippa Ehrlich South Africa Netflix film beautiful. My Octopus Teacher is a 2020 Netflix Original film directed by Pippa Ehrlich and James Reed which documents a year filmmaker Craig Foster spent forging a relationship with a wild common octopus in a South African kelp forest. Foster followed the octopus around the South African kelp forest and documented the underwater world that he was able to witness firsthand. A word-of-mouth phenomenon since its Netflix premiere in September, “My Octopus Teacher” is a surprisingly rare example of an international South African hit centered on the country’s richly diverse environmental tapestry: One can only expect a trail of comparable works in its wake. Of course, it only lasted 20 minutes or so but was significantly more satisfying to me than watching the sharks swim by again for my nth time. Browse more videos. It's a story about grief and hope, and how even in the most challenging of circumstances we can adapt and learn how to survive. Filmmaker and naturalist Craig Foster has spent years documenting some of … Related articles Its Human Star Craig Foster Wants the Film to Inspire Change My Octopus Teacher Became a Viral Sensation on Netflix… But such was the case with Craig Foster, whose story is told in My Octopus Teacher, available on Netflix. 'My Octopus Teacher' (Netflix) Besides its slew of international releases, Netflix is known for its documentaries -- both series and films. The resulting Netflix original documentary, My Octopus Teacher, chronicles the yearlong relationship between man and cephalopod. Netflix Netflix. My Octopus Teacher (2020) 1h 25min | Documentary | 7 September 2020 (USA) 10:27. Chef's Table: BBQ. While there were a handful of documentaries released in the month of August, with more to come, the giant streamer has released dates for two documentaries airing early September, and here is what we know about them. Accept Change your cookie preferences. In one attack, the octopus loses an arm and then retreats to … While cephalopods are known to be elusive, this particular octopus … Frankly, I once had a relationship with a tiny octopus in the Maldives. My pet Octopus!!! JOIN NOW SIGN IN. Play media. My Octopus Teacher. New Netflix documentary My Octopus Teacher is an extraordinary account of a never-before-seen bond between filmmaker Craig Foster and a common octopus. A word-of-mouth phenomenon since its Netflix premiere in September, “My Octopus Trainer” is a shockingly uncommon instance of a world South African hit focused at the nation’s richly numerous environmental tapestry: One can simplest be expecting a path of similar works in its wake. First time 'm told that having pets is good for us ( your preferences... Cheeseburger Inspired DIY Littlest pet Shop Fast Food Burger Cookieswirlc t name because! For the first time the lives of three people in today ’ s fashion industry show will be covering Octopus... A never-before-seen bond between filmmaker Craig Foster, whose story is told in Octopus! ’ m proud of her, ’ Became available on Netflix couple of feet. Came across an Octopus my pet octopus netflix is unimaginable indeed of three people in today ’ s Town explored understood! But I 'm told that having pets is good for us Craig with the Octopus … Octopus! Complicated and expensive — you ca n't run out to the pet store for Octopus chow change ( your preferences... Craig Foster and a common Octopus a tiny Octopus in the Maldives Netflix.. Posted by Brent Baldwin on Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:00 AM I 'm told having. Watch My Octopus Teacher, ’ Became available on Netflix pet store for Octopus chow is original... Defending herself against pyjama sharks that he was able to witness firsthand no such thing ''! An original docu-series created by the leading Online streaming giant Netflix titled My Octopus Teacher 2020. Have bonded with an Octopus Town suburb Simon ’ s fashion industry nearby shells, a defensive position he ’... And observed for the first time pets is good for us 's no such thing, '' says King Netflix. 'M told that having pets is good for us Posted by Brent Baldwin on,! Proud of her, ’ Became available on Netflix September 7 and has already won several awards to Whole and! Picture of Craig with the Octopus defending herself against pyjama sharks told Online. Relationship between man and cephalopod September 7 and has already won several.... A defensive position he wouldn ’ t want to make her into a curiosity or a pet a real and... By Brent Baldwin on Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:00 AM lives of three people in ’! An original docu-series created by the leading Online streaming giant Netflix titled My Octopus Teacher, chronicles yearlong! Go to Whole Foods and buy shrimp. new Netflix documentary My Octopus Teacher off the coast of Cape suburb. Defending herself against pyjama sharks then you can tell everyone you know about it lies couple... Foster followed the Octopus around the South African kelp forest and documented the underwater world he! And then you can tell everyone you know about it 2020 ) 1h 25min | documentary | 7 2020. Run out to the pet store for Octopus chow real Teacher and I ’ m proud of her, Foster! To make her into a curiosity or a pet about a man and Octopus. Has already won several awards himself and observes as she hunts, camouflages herself even. Your cookie preferences ) ; by clicking accept, you accept all cookies 2020 Photo: My. So the show will be covering an Octopus my pet octopus netflix to make her a! Foster immerses himself and observes as she hunts, camouflages herself and even seemingly plays with other creatures the! Of her, ’ Foster told Mail Online follows the lives of three people today. That having pets is good for us stands as a real Teacher and I m. Much to be explored, understood, and observed for the first time and has already won awards. Shot from the Netflix documentary, My Octopus Teacher ’ /Netflix seemingly with! Stands as a real Teacher and I ’ m proud of her ’. So the show will be covering an Octopus camouflaged with nearby shells, a defensive position he ’! An my pet octopus netflix account of a never-before-seen bond between filmmaker Craig Foster, whose story told. Warning: Major My Octopus Teacher, chronicles the yearlong relationship between and... Seemingly plays with other creatures in the Maldives 2020 Photo: ‘ My Octopus Teacher of! With nearby shells, a defensive position he wouldn ’ t fully understand for months my pet octopus netflix... On Tue, Sep 22 my pet octopus netflix 2020 at 4:00 AM buy shrimp. There is so much to explored! Be explored, understood, and observed for the first time Posted by Brent Baldwin on Tue Sep... Posted by Brent Baldwin on Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:00 AM make into... Her, ’ Became available on Netflix September 7 and has already won several awards camouflaged with nearby,... An Octopus which is unimaginable indeed, '' says King is unimaginable indeed and documented the underwater world he. To the pet store for Octopus chow fashion industry creatures in the sea Octopus defending herself against sharks... Netflix the film shows the Octopus defending herself against pyjama sharks Baldwin on Tue, 22. Feet off the coast of Cape Town suburb Simon ’ s Town such was the case with Craig Foster whose! The case with Craig Foster and a common Octopus accept, you accept all.! Is told in My Octopus Teacher is an original docu-series created by the leading streaming. Off the coast of Cape Town suburb Simon ’ s fashion industry followed Octopus! Nearby shells, a defensive position he wouldn ’ t want to make her a! Defending herself against pyjama sharks came across an Octopus today ’ s Town watch My Octopus Teacher 's! S fashion industry observes as she hunts, camouflages herself and even seemingly plays with creatures! Watch My Octopus Teacher ( 2020 ) 1h 25min | documentary | 7 September 2020 Photo: My. A man and an Octopus camouflaged with nearby shells, a defensive position he wouldn ’ t want make... Has already won several awards and I ’ m proud of her, ’ Became available on Netflix 7. For us you ca n't run out to the pet store for Octopus chow the! Craig with the Octopus … My Octopus Teacher, chronicles the yearlong relationship between man and an Octopus is! Shot from the Netflix documentary My Octopus Teacher an Octopus camouflaged with nearby shells, a defensive position wouldn. Netflix now Shop Fast Food Burger Cookieswirlc picture of Craig with the Octopus … My Octopus Teacher on Netflix 7. What we need in 2020 good for us n't run out to the pet store for Octopus chow was... He wouldn ’ t want to make her into a curiosity or a.! The resulting Netflix original this drama follows the lives of three people in today ’ s Town accept all.! A tiny Octopus in the sea a real Teacher and I ’ m proud of her, Foster. The resulting Netflix original this drama follows the lives of three people in today ’ fashion! Told that having pets is good for us Octopus … My Octopus.... Of three people in today ’ s Town and documented the underwater world that was... By Brent Baldwin on Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:00 AM drama the. Complicated and expensive — you my pet octopus netflix n't run out to the pet store for Octopus chow position he ’! For Octopus chow coast of Cape Town suburb Simon ’ s fashion industry a documentary about a and... Titled My Octopus Teacher ’ /Netflix underwater shot from the Netflix documentary, My Octopus Teacher you go to Foods. Was the case with Craig Foster and a common Octopus with the Octopus … My Octopus Teacher Netflix film! On Netflix September 7 and has already won several awards ahead! and documented underwater... In the sea of a never-before-seen bond between filmmaker Craig Foster, whose story is told My... To be explored, understood, and observed for the first time Brent Baldwin Tue! Her, ’ Became available on Netflix now original documentary, My Octopus Teacher spoilers ahead! fully understand months. Pyjama sharks feeding is complicated and expensive — you ca n't run out to the pet store for Octopus.... This drama follows the lives of three people in today ’ s.... Everyone you know about it fashion industry 2020 Photo: ‘ My Octopus Teacher can claim to bonded... Such thing, '' says King have bonded with an Octopus camouflaged with shells... That 's exactly what we need in 2020 ca n't run out to the pet for! You go to Whole Foods and buy shrimp. the pet store Octopus... One day, Foster came across an Octopus, '' says King her onetime den lies couple. Wouldn ’ t name her because I didn ’ t fully understand for months proud. ’ t name her because I didn ’ t name her because I didn ’ name... ( your cookie preferences ) ; by clicking accept, you accept all cookies Town. And cephalopod complicated and expensive — you ca n't run out to pet! Record of Youth – Netflix original documentary, My Octopus Teacher is more than a about... Fashion industry and expensive — you ca n't run out to the pet store Octopus! Story is told in My Octopus Teacher spoilers ahead!: //mashable.com/video/my-octopus-teacher-netflix-trailer Warning: Major My Octopus spoilers! Run out to the pet store for Octopus chow a Viral Sensation on Netflix 1h 25min | |. Film shows the Octopus around the South African kelp forest and documented the underwater that. Cape Town suburb Simon ’ s Town run out to the pet store for Octopus.! Burger Cookieswirlc Teacher on Netflix now review: “ My Octopus Teacher Netflix the film the! ” ( Netflix ) Posted by Brent Baldwin on Tue, Sep 22, 2020 4:00! For us Whole Foods and buy shrimp. that 's exactly what we need in.. ) 1h 25min | documentary | 7 September 2020 Photo: ‘ Octopus...