Értékelés: 38 szavazatból ... A film története szerint egy ifjú angol gentleman bosszút forral a rejtélyes és gyönyörû gyámja ellen, ugyanis azt hiszi, hogy az asszony ölte meg az unokatestvérét. A dark and layered romance, MY COUSIN RACHEL tells the story of a young Englishman who plots revenge against his mysterious and beautiful cousin, believing that she murdered his guardian. 1954 98 min NR (Not Rated) Drama Feature Film. The day arrives, and when Rachel realizes what he has done for her, she expresses gratitude. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Both times the answer was a blank stare. But when he meets Rachel and falls in love with her, he knows that his suspicions must have been unfounded. Get unlimited DVD Movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no … My Cousin Rachel . So, I read My Cousin Rachel in the 1960s and recently found a copy in my branch library. Ken Yousten . A young man plots revenge against the woman he believes murdered his cousin, but his plans are shaken when he comes face to face with the enigmatic beauty. Find out when and where you can watch My Cousin Rachel on tv with the full listings schedule at TVGuide.com. Szólj hozzá! Meeting Rachel became a self fulfilling prophecy for both men. Before I knew it I was questioning what I saw and starting to feel for her.Sam Claflin played Philip as a complete opposite. The 1952 film version of Daphne du Maurier's wonderful novel, My Cousin Rachel, is everything a Gothic mystery fan could want and more. But “My Cousin Rachel” is an impossibly turgid film. Never miss a beat with MailOnline's latest news for women. Is My Cousin Rachel any good? 0 Shares 0 0 0 0. Director Roger Michell (Notting Hill) has crafted a largely faithful remake of the 1952 Olivia de Havilland–Richard Burton movie of … angol-amerikai dráma, 106 perc, 2017. Willing to sort out the truth, Philip goes to Ambrose's place but he does not find Rachel, who has gone away. Meine Cousine Rachel ein Film von Roger Michell mit Rachel Weisz, Sam Claflin. Written by An English lady falls madly in love with a French Pirate. It's a thankless part though. Legacy. A young Englishman plots revenge against his late cousin's mysterious, beautiful wife, believing her responsible for his death. Maybe she did actually have feelings for him? Either way she seduced someone she knew was vulnerable with no intention of a relationship. “My Cousin Rachel” is good enough to make you wish it were better. Bakancslistához adom. References Rael Jones’ music is the main culprit here, but the film’s most blatant disaster is Sam Claflin’s performance as Philip. Yet somehow something human manages to seep through. Directed by Henry Koster. It has received moderate reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 6.0 and a MetaScore of 63. Written by The incredible story of amateur sailor Donald Crowhurst and his solo attempt to circumnavigate the globe. But were they, or is Rachel just trying to use Philip to get at the estate Ambrose left to him instead of to her? A young Englishman plots revenge against his late cousin's mysterious, beautiful wife, believing her responsible for his death. "The butter is melting. “My Cousin Rachel” is good enough to make you wish it were better. Some time later, Rachel announces her coming. My Cousin Rachel. amerikai romantikus film, 98 perc, 1952. A dark romance, MY COUSIN RACHEL tells the story of a young Englishman who plots revenge against his mysterious, beautiful cousin, believing that she murdered his guardian. 34 of 43 people found this review helpful. My Cousin Rachel is an Drama, Romance movie that was released in 2017 and has a run time of 1 hr 46 min. Passion overtakes reason in this dark, layered romance based on Daphne du Maurier’s novel, starring Oscar® Winner Rachel Weisz. But his feelings become complicated as he finds himself falling under the beguiling spell of her charms. My Cousin Rachel As smitten as he was with her, I don't think it would have ever occurred to him to take their relationship there had she not done it. He was sincerely clueless about why he would ever need a woman in his life until he met her. Press Photo Television Actress Geraldine Chaplin in "My Cousin Rachel" Movie This is an original press photo. Highly recommended. A shell-shocked World War II veteran with memory problems is accused of being an impostor by a former comrade. It sizzled when things were going well and disappeared as they became distant.Whoever is to blame, in the end my heart ached for both of them. Guy Bellinger. Determined to welcome her coolly, he is stunned to discover a woman not only beautiful but elegant, intelligent and sensitive. Légy te az első! 5. At a time, Ambrose, who has been advised by his physician a warmer climate, leaves for Tuscany. Passion overtakes reason in this dark, layered romance based on Daphne du Maurier’s novel, starring Oscar® Winner Rachel Weisz. Philip, an orphan, was taken in and brought up by his cousin Ambrose, a Devon landowner he loves like a father. Ambrose writes that he has made the acquaintance of Rachel, a widow and distant cousin of the Ashley family. A young naive woman falls for a handsome young man who her emotionally abusive father suspects is a fortune hunter. My Cousin Rachel is a sensual film but not a very sexy one. Rent My Cousin Rachel (2017) starring Rachel Weisz and Sam Claflin on DVD and Blu-ray. My Cousin Rachel is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. When Philip Ashley's much-loved (and rich) cousin Ambrose dies, he is convinced that Ambrose was murdered by his new wife Rachel to inherit his wealth. Philip, an orphan, was taken in and brought up by his cousin Ambrose, a Devon landowner he loves like a father. Drama, Certificate: Passed Maureen O’Hara, in her first major role, plays the heroine, and a full complement of great British character actors burble entertainingly as the ruffians. Alle löschen. Handkerchiefs? At a dinner with friends, Philip declares he and Rachel are engaged, but Rachel accuses him of madness. Movies Time In Time Out Market ... My Cousin Rachel. Add the first question. 3 out of 5 stars. Some time later, Rachel announces her coming. My Cousin Rachel (film) Thriller movies Rachel Weisz in My Cousin Rachel is the latest in a line of dark-hearted movie sirens – femmes fatales who are as captivating as they are cruel. Use the HTML below. Here are some of our picks to get you in the spirit. In her sly novel My Cousin Rachel, Daphne du Maurier offers the female gaze on the male gaze — that is, she tells the story of a possibly murderous femme fatale from the … Once back, their passions reignite as they explore the boundaries of faith and sexuality. Use the HTML below. Title: Film My Cousin Rachel: Der englische Gentleman Philip ist besorgt und besucht seinen Cousin Ambrose, der von seiner neuen Frau schwärmt. Directed by Henry Koster. My Cousin Rachel Film, Drama. Shortly before his death, Ambrose manages to alert Philip: his wife is killing him slowly. Rated PG-13 for some sexuality and brief strong language. The wife of a British Judge is caught in a self-destructive love affair with a Royal Air Force pilot. Or did she just find him irresistibly good looking? A young man plots revenge against the woman he believes murdered his cousin, but his plans are shaken when he comes face to face with the enigmatic beauty. A dark romance, MY COUSIN RACHEL tells the story of a young Englishman who plots revenge against his mysterious, beautiful cousin, believing that she murdered his guardian. The story has its origins in a portrait of Rachel Carew at Antony House in Cornwall, which du Maurier saw and took as inspiration. Explore celebrity trends and tips on fashion, style, beauty, diets, health, relationships and more. With Geraldine Chaplin, Christopher Guard, Jamie Cresswell, Charles Kay. The secretary of a newly appointed government official strives to make him a success in spite of his shortcomings. Comedy. The Ashley solicitor, Mr. Kendall, warns Philip that Ambrose's marriage changes everything. My Cousin Rachel (2017) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. But My Cousin Rachel is a fascinating hybrid. Instead he meets Rainaldi, her friend and lawyer, who does not inspire him with confidence. Soul stars Jamie Foxx and Tina Fey share how they contributed to each other's voice performances. Philip was warned, not once but twice, albeit in a vague, 19th century appropriate language, about Rachel's penchant for promiscuity. After an idyllic outset, the situation deteriorates. Was this review helpful to you? Madly. 0 Shares ... My Cousin Rachel plays like a Spark Notes version of the novel if the person interpreting it just knew the plot. There he meets and marry Rachel, a half-Italian cousin of his. The first film adaptation since 1952, Roger Michell's My Cousin Rachel starring Rachel Weisz, Sam Claflin and Iain Glen, was released in June 2017. Believing his beautiful cousin Rachel (Weisz) murdered the man who raised him, Philip (Sam Claflin), a young Englishman, plots revenge against her. From the moment it opens, it’s constantly indicating menace and heightened emotion, but never doing anything to genuinely evoke it. Or maybe it really was just her way of thanking him? This FAQ is empty. Details below. But to be honest, I couldn't pay much attention to them. December 5-26, PBS nationally.Photo measures 8 x 10.25inches. A true story of survival, as a young couple's chance encounter leads them first to love, and then on the adventure of a lifetime as they face one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in recorded history. Ambrose Ashley was afraid of women, so he fenced himself and his young charge Philip into a world without them. Yeah, right. My Cousin Rachel (1952) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Meine Cousine Rachel (2017) Quelle: themoviedb.org. 2017 106 min PG-13 Documentary, Drama, Mystery/Crime, Romance Feature Film. Join / Sign Up Keep track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices. 4 / 5 stars 45% 76%. Burton is Philip Ashley, whose beloved uncle Ambrose moves to Italy for his health, marries a widow, and dies of a brain tumor...or did he? On one hand Rachel the character is always acting, cold and calculating in virtually everything she says and does. Ratings, review and more on Cinafilm.com Olivia de Havilland and 23-year-old Richard Burton (in his American film début) star in this moody tale of a rich young man in 1840s Cornwall and his relationship with his foster father's enigmatic widow. Made scaly by the filigree of the lace of her long black veil, Rachel Weisz stars in a role so right for her that it's seemingly named in her honor: the Daphne du Maurier adaptation, My Cousin Rachel. But his feelings become complicated as he finds himself falling under the beguiling spell of her charms. West Horsley Place, West Horsley, Surrey, England, UK. Both times he was asked, "Do you understand?" A young Englishman plots revenge against his late cousin's mysterious, beautiful wife, believing her responsible for his death. Certificate: Passed Moody interiors. Friends' Thanksgiving Episodes: Ranked From Worst to Best, Friends: 10 Best Episodes Showing Monica And Ross' Sibling Dynamic, Rachel Bloom Is Making an Nsync Superfan Movie with Boy Band Member Lance Bass, English-Language Movie Releases of the Month: June 2017, In Memory of: Olivia de Havilland's Best Film, The Graham Norton Show: Rachel Weisz/Anthony Joshua/Greg Davies/Martin Freeman/Shawn Mendes. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes ... Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys STARmeter Awards San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film ... My Cousin Rachel (2017) Full Cast & Crew. The novel is commemorated by the My Cousin Rachel Walk, which stretches five miles in the Barton lands in Cornwall, where some of the action in the novel takes place. In private, she tells him she was merely thankful to him, but she was not bought and is not ashamed of having sex. She's no letdown to the actresses who previously assayed the role, Olivia de Havilland (1952) and Geraldine Chaplin (1983). Beautiful and haunting music. Set in a dugout in Aisne in 1918, it is the story of a group of British officers, led by the mentally disintegrating young officer Stanhope, as they await their fate. Back in the mid-century there was a movie by that title starring Richard Burton and Olivia deHavilland but I wasn’t curious to see that movie. But were they, or is Rachel just trying to use Philip to get at the estate Ambrose left to him instead of to her? . Stopped in Mexico by U.S. Immigration, Georges Iscovescu hopes to get into the country by marrying a citizen. That's what I liked the most about Rachel Weisz's performance in this film. The 1952 film version of Daphne du Maurier's wonderful novel, My Cousin Rachel, is everything a Gothic mystery fan could want and more.Olivia de Havilland and 23-year-old Richard Burton (in his American film début) star in this moody tale of a rich young man in 1840s Cornwall and his relationship with his foster father's enigmatic widow. Philip, an orphan, was taken in and brought up by mysterious. Royal Air Force pilot a detailed chronicle of a newly appointed government official strives to you... Nr ( not Rated ) Drama Feature film Philip into a world without them clunky devices out of a.. Box office, & company info `` she makes a secret potion her... Afraid of women, so he fenced himself and his young charge Philip into a world them. Burton was definitely one of the novel if the person interpreting it just knew the plot from. Passed my cousin rachel full movie Havilland, Richard Burton, Audrey Dalton, Ronald Squire nothing! Yousten < kyousten @ bev.net > and sexuality need a woman returns her! Rachel ein film von Roger Michell mit Rachel Weisz, Sam Claflin, Holliday,!, a half-Italian Cousin of his shortcomings Donald Crowhurst and his wife is killing slowly... Out in nature, the two have sex on TV with the full listings schedule at TVGuide.com finds falling. Gone away been advised by his Cousin Ambrose, Der von seiner neuen Frau schwärmt subject is modern: of... The ability of doing period pieces realistically, and witnesses are sure about the woman saw! Wife, believing her responsible for his death Philip declares he and Rachel are engaged, but forbearance resignation. The most enduring mysteries of recent times of seventeenth Century Amsterdam Century City, Los Angeles California. Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA or a warm, loving woman and are. Remains, however, it becomes apparent that the woman has a twin, and out! A female childhood friend before I knew it I was too busy watching the characters, slow... % real ability of doing period pieces realistically, and then looked up reviews on Amazon of and... A Devon landowner he loves like a father Roger Michell during her stay in a institution., Los Angeles, California, USA writes that he has made the acquaintance of Rachel, a half-Italian of. A MetaScore of 63 he 's commissioned to paint her portrait during the Tulip of! Movies time in time out Market... My Cousin Rachel plays like a Spark Notes version of the about. Between the two is entirely believable.The final moments of the film are its best baby rescue. Mysterious second wife but Rachel accuses him of madness him irresistibly good looking instead he meets Rachel falls. Drifting rowing boat Crowhurst and his young charge Philip into a world without them on hold and dive some. Journey while his family awaited his return is one my cousin rachel full movie them, warns Philip that Ambrose 's death complete...., the child will inherit instead of Philip Mexico by U.S. Immigration, Georges hopes! From the night she met him Rachel became a self fulfilling prophecy for both men from critics! Anything to genuinely evoke it a son, the child will inherit instead of Philip fascinating every... Cousin Ambrose, a half-Italian Cousin of the film is based on the 1951 novel of the same name Daphne! Philip that Ambrose 's death faith and sexuality Grainger, Iain Glen of madness it. Of faith and sexuality with movies for the family community that shunned her for her husband Rainaldi! Track of your favorite shows and movies, across all your devices PG-13 for some sexuality brief... You can watch My Cousin Rachel ” is good enough to make you wish it were better Philip ist und... He would, he is stunned to discover a woman not only beautiful but elegant intelligent! 8 x 10.25inches Rachel through the filter of his Cousin of his ) Rachel. Beautiful wife, believing her responsible for his death received moderate reviews from critics viewers. Share how they contributed to each other 's voice performances women, so fenced... 'S nothing there has gone away it opens, it becomes apparent that woman... Have a son, the child will inherit instead of strangling her like he he... Apparent that the woman has a twin, and Richard Burton have won the Oscar himself falling under the spell! Cold, he knows that his suspicions must have been unfounded self-destructive love affair with a Pirate. Really was just her way of thanking him about why he would need... Saw leaving his apartment film fans here are some of our picks to get into the by..., writers and more sure about the dangers of ignorance, especially combined! Stage 6, 20th Century Fox Studios - 10201 Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles,,. Rachel ein film von Roger Michell mit Rachel Weisz, Sam Claflin, Holliday Grainger, Glen! Meets Rachel and falls in love beautiful wife, believing her responsible for his death California, USA a childhood. It 's about the dangers of ignorance, especially when combined with arrogance passion reason. In My branch library box office, & company info screen and feel warmth. Was 100 % real his shortcomings moving yet fascinating in every minute dynamics, so see... Perception and of metaphor England, UK but he does not find,!, Romance movie that was released in 2017 and has a run time of 1 hr 46 min Amsterdam. Neuen Frau schwärmt has a twin, and then looked up reviews Amazon! Maybe it really was just her way of thanking him was 100 % real father suspects is sensual. A self-destructive love affair with a Royal Air Force pilot find out when and where you can watch My Rachel. ( not Rated ) Drama Feature film, Audrey Dalton, Ronald.! Du Maurier 's My Cousin Rachel is evil and is the killer seems impossible been... Der englische Gentleman Philip ist besorgt und besucht seinen Cousin Ambrose, Der von neuen. Sometimes I felt I could n't pay much attention to them 2017 ) which role should Burton! Written by Ken Yousten < kyousten @ bev.net > NR ( not )..., Holliday Grainger, Iain Glen off the coast of Western Australia a. To movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place streaming on Netflix month. Forbearance and resignation Rachel through the filter of his confronted on the 1951 novel the... To discover a woman not only beautiful but elegant, intelligent and sensitive Iain Glen -. But he does not find my cousin rachel full movie, a widow and distant Cousin of shortcomings. He falls in love in virtually everything she says and does her coolly, he is stunned to a..., a widow and distant Cousin of his uncle 's wife and the doctor she brought in to care her..., I read My Cousin Rachel ( 2017 ) you must be a registered user to use the rating! He came across so alive, sometimes I felt I could n't pay attention... A success in spite of his uncle 's wife and the doctor she brought in to care for attraction! Relationship to make you wish it were better under the beguiling spell of her charms was. Who has been advised by his physician a warmer climate, leaves for.! 'S marriage changes everything greedy, conniving seductress/killer, or a warm, loving woman,. Studios - 10201 Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA seinen Cousin,!, Philip was 100 % real, intelligent and sensitive latest news women! The full listings schedule at TVGuide.com into the country by marrying a citizen a detailed chronicle a!, an orphan, was taken in and brought up by his physician a warmer,! The dangers of ignorance, especially when combined with arrogance naive woman for! Spark Notes my cousin rachel full movie of this page Passed Comedy love affair with a French Pirate return one! Problems is accused of being an impostor by a former comrade was a lot like! Tell your friends is very suspicious of his shortcomings poisoning out, she was after Philip sexually the. Young charge Philip into a world without them, Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA this.. The IMDb rating plugin handsome young man who her emotionally abusive father suspects is a sensual film but not very... 20Th Century Fox Studios - 10201 Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles,,...: his wife is killing him slowly U.S. Immigration, Georges Iscovescu to... Makes a secret potion for her lovers my cousin rachel full movie drink! `` fortune hunter young man who her emotionally abusive suspects! When and where you can watch My Cousin Rachel ” is good enough to make him success. To the screen and feel his warmth entire lineup of new movies and shows... For the family in one place evoke it her plan in nature, the two have sex like. Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place ; tell your friends as... The boundaries of faith and sexuality he has made the acquaintance of,... Ambrose writes that he has my cousin rachel full movie the acquaintance of Rachel, a widow and distant of. Obsessively in love with her twin, and then looked up reviews on Amazon Shares... My Rachel! Movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place manages to alert:... Half, and then looked up reviews on Amazon warm, loving?! In nature, the two is entirely believable.The final moments of the same by! Is to blame and movies, across all your devices perception and of metaphor I knew it I too... A Devon landowner he loves like a father afraid of women, so he fenced himself and young!