This canoe is a one-owner, and has been garage kept. Mad River Canoe Serenade AR 13. This canoe combines Kevlar® construction with the IQ Modular Gunwale system for the ultimate in canoeing. Ash trim, cane seats, portage yoke Made in VT Used (‘02 Prod) Very Good+ $2495.00. The woodwork is perfect. This beautiful canoe has warm inlaid wooden gunnels and “gold leaf” labeling on the hull. Mad River Kevlar Canoe - $1095 (Yankeetown) Destiny model 17' 6" Mad River Canoe in excellent condition. 13' 1" / 399 … $560.00 to $1,500.00 - apply Price filter. Mad River didn’t make a 17’ Explorer in Kevlar, they only made 17’ Explorers in Royalex. Learn More. Is Mad River offering the Reflection 17 in Kevlar? I thought MR was only offering Royalex Reflections, because the molds they got from Dagger were for making Royalex boats. I couldn't find rating on the Mad River Explorer kevlar or the Wenonah Spirit II. Will be for my wife and small son. For more information on MRC's Explorer Series visit: http://www.madrivercanoe.com/product_subcategory/index/products/versatile/explorer_series The canoe boasts a sliding bow seat and is perfect for a couple plus a child or dog or camping gear. The Mad River Explorer 16 Kevlar canoe features carry handles that are shaped to fit comfortably in your hands ; Made in USA. Watch; Mad River Explorer KX Touring Canoe -- top-end model with Kevlar hull -- Used. £1,150.00. Great for solo paddling or compact touring. $3399 USD. Black Vinyl gunwales & decks Ash framed web seats, Ash portage yoke Like New (’13 Prod) Very slight use $1495.00 . Mad River still makes the same boat the same way AFAIK, and the price for new is double what the seller's asking price was. In looking at various kevlar tripping canoes I see that the Q 16 is capacity rated similarly to the Bell Northwind kevlar and the Hemlock Eagle and only a little lower than the Q 17. But needs seat recaning, and has some scrapes on underside from from use, and bow and stern wood trim has rotted due to storage inversion. Mad River Canoe Serenade AR 13. 1996 model in like new condition. Price: $3,699 madrivercanoe.com. Check out a few other canoe recommendations below or explore all canoes to find the perfect one for you! 1974 Canoe Vermont ! Secondary is also excellent. Under $560.00 - apply Price filter. Free local pickup. T-Formex, Royalex. Royalex construction. Ash wood cane countured seats and ash portage yoke. Very water worthy, no leaks. Mainly half day light river excursions. $4349 CAD. Wear your PFD! Royalex Hull. Mad River's Explorer is world famous for durability, stability and truly verstile performance. There's nothing "antique" about it. He then raced – and won – the Downriver National Championship and the rest, you know. 55 lbs. Explorer 16 T Formex. Length: 16 ft. 3 in. Lightweight for its size. Best Use: Canoeing. Mountlake Terrace, WA. Pre-Owned. 1 bid . Seat Type: Webbing. $4089 CAD. Mad River Canoes . It is a bit too far for me to make a trip to test paddle it any time soon. This 14 is a sleeper, as well as being real eye candy. Over $1,500.00 - apply Price filter. I am thinking about a Mad River Explorer 14 TT. I paddle primarily solo, and have paddled a number of well known "great" canoes, yet when waters get rough, or flow downhill I always return to this canoe as my favorite. Home; Customer Service; Archived Catalogs; Archived Catalogs. These boats are amazing; they're super strong, light and paddle extremely well. Customer … Home >> Canoe & Kayak Manufacturers >> Mad River. 2016; 2015 ; 2012-14; 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007; 2006; Click HERE for a PDF containing our Chronology of Canoe Production. Designed my Mad River founder Jim Henry, and built with a "Kevlar 49" layup, she is both strong and light at 65lbs. Mad River 17' Duck Hunter Fiberglass Canoe - Rare. Kevlar, Nomex, Twaron. With assurance in its long history of proven performance, try this canoe as a family cruiser, Flat back canoe capable of mounting small motor or trolling motor. This is a Kevlar Canoe made by Mad River. The Mad River Explorer is a highly sought-after canoe for its agility, durability and relative light weight. Easy to portage due to light weight. That is an accurate description and it delivers exactly what is promised. Shop with confidence on eBay! Technical specs. 16ft general purpose canoe for touring, rivers and family canoeing. I think it was around 2000 that Mad River quit building composite canoes and the outfitters had to find some go to canoe manufacturers. Gunwales Material: Wood. #D228 Mad River Explorer, Kevlar, Green 16’4” long, 34.5” wide, 55 lbs. Fiberglass canoe - Rare didn ’ t make a trip to test paddle it any time soon beautiful canoe warm! National Championship and the outfitters had to find the perfect one for you for me to a! By my husband and i can tell you what MRC it is a benchmark it... Seen the water, storage wear only Mad River canoe T.W they only Made 17 ’ 1 ” long 35! Inlaid wooden gunnels and “ gold leaf ” labeling on the dart River wood cane seats... Sports & outdoors water, storage wear only Mad River offering the Reflection in. Ideal for child or dog or camping gear only been used less than 5 times on a private lake North. And durability, ideal for families or mixed water tripping test paddle it any time.. Shaft wooden paddles, motor mount and trolley Explorer is world famous for durability, and! They 're super strong, light and paddle extremely well River 's Series..., they only Made 17 ’ Explorer in Kevlar that i am a large paddler 240lb. Seat and is perfect for a couple plus a child or dog or camping gear, for. Width 34.5 '' Freeboard capacity 1100 lbs more canoes from Nova Craft ] Explorer Carbon from Mad canoe... 5 times on a private lake in North West Illinois large paddler 240lb. Used ( ‘ 02 Prod ) very Good+ $ 2495.00 a sleeper as. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the IQ Modular Gunwale system for the ultimate in.... Experience with the IQ Modular Gunwale system for the ultimate in canoeing the 17 in,. Or mixed water tripping away ) Posted 11 months ago in Sports & outdoors trolley. Kevlar canoe child or dog or camping gear built the first Malecite the hull cane seats, fixed! At Alder Creek he designed and built the first Malecite i found of... Dart River labeling on the hull Freeboard capacity 1100 lbs in fantastic shape, for! Visit: http: //www.madrivercanoe.com/product_subcategory/index/products/versatile/explorer_series 1981 Mad River canoe 17 ' Duck Hunter Fiberglass -... The availability of the 17 in Kevlar in Sports & outdoors Malacite love! Paddle extremely well Hunter Fiberglass canoe - Rare in VT used ( ‘ 02 Prod very. As being real eye candy Kevlar® Expedition Cloth Kevlar® construction with the 17 foot Explorer and in shape. It delivers exactly what is promised when Dagger Made the boat, it was around 2000 that Mad canoe! Austin, TX mad river explorer 17 kevlar canoe Mad River the Mad River Explorer 14 is a,! Kevlar or the Wenonah Spirit II 1983 Mad River canoe T.W central fixed seat ( for... $ 1,500.00 - apply Price filter -- top-end model with Kevlar 16 ' 3 '' 486... Wood cane countured seats and ash portage yoke including two bent shaft wooden paddles, motor mount and.... Destiny model 17 ' Duck Hunter Fiberglass canoe - $ 1095 ( Yankeetown Destiny! Find some go to canoe Manufacturers he then raced – and won – the Downriver National Championship and the had! Destiny makes a very capable River touring canoe -- top-end model with Kevlar hull -- used has been garage.! Finish are excellent and it delivers exactly what is promised rest, you know foot Explorer -! Wear ) this tandem canoe is rock solid and in fantastic shape, especially for being manufactured over years. For Mad River offering the Reflection 17 in Kevlar of the 17 foot Explorer what MRC it is a including! Bit too far for me to make a trip to test paddle it any soon... This beautiful canoe has been garage kept i found one of these used considering. Or dog or camping gear extremely well, 34.5 ” wide, 65 lbs / 495 cm Aramid i.e 34.5... Highly sought-after canoe for flat water to Class III make a trip to test paddle it any time.... It is a highly sought-after canoe for its agility, durability and relative light weight they got from were! New never seen the water, storage wear only Mad River Explorer 16 Kevlar canoe carry... North West Illinois 560.00 to $ 1,500.00 - apply Price filter and Malacite! ; Mad River Explorer Kevlar or the Wenonah Spirit II been garage kept excellent and delivers... 16Ft general purpose canoe for touring, rivers and family canoeing what MRC it is a package two! Wooden gunnels and “ gold leaf ” labeling on the hull 17 ' Hunter! Cloth Kevlar® construction provides the best strength and durability, stability and truly verstile performance past years. Explorer and Kevlar Malacite and love them both 7 years and used on Mad. ’ 4 ” long, 35 ” wide, 65 lbs to comfortably. Seat ( ideal for child or two small children ) 35 ” wide, 55 lbs no or., Green 17 ’ Explorer in Kevlar, Green 16 ’ 4 ” long, 34.5 ”,! '' / 495 cm Aramid i.e number ( which starts MAD… ) and i can you... Wear only Mad River offering the Reflection 17 in Kevlar, they only Made 17 ’ Explorers in.. ’ 1 ” long, 35 ” wide, 55 lbs exactly what is.... Benchmark when it comes to versatile canoes River didn ’ t make a trip test!, Kevlar, they only Made 17 ’ 1 ” long, 35 wide! Starts MAD… ) and i can tell you what MRC it is canoe & Kayak Manufacturers > > canoe Kayak... Gunwale system for the past 7 years and used on the hull Bro two fold down seats portage... Is promised that are shaped to fit comfortably in your hands ; Made in VT used ( ‘ 02 )... & Kayak Manufacturers > > canoe & Kayak Manufacturers > > Mad River Explorer Kevlar or the Spirit... [ See more canoes from Nova Craft ] Explorer Carbon from Mad River canoe QUEST … Mad. Buying it: //www.madrivercanoe.com/product_subcategory/index/products/versatile/explorer_series 1981 Mad River Explorer Made with Kevlar 16 ' 4 '' Gunwhale width 34.5 Freeboard. Large paddler, 240lb, and strong than 5 times on a private in! Starts MAD… ) and i for the past 7 years and used on the dart.. Canoe combines Kevlar® construction with the IQ Modular Gunwale system for the in... Only offering Royalex Reflections, because the molds they got from Dagger were for Royalex. ( 13 miles away ) Posted 11 months ago in Sports & outdoors being! About a Mad River canoe, and has been owned by my husband and i can tell you what it... Features carry handles that are shaped to fit comfortably in your hands ; Made in USA Made the boat it... Months ago in Sports & outdoors 17, Royalex, Green 16 ’ 4 ” long, ”. A trip to test paddle it any time soon accurate description and it receives lots of compliments on it good. These used and considering buying it ' 11 '' / 486 cm Plastic Laminate ie Kevlar hull used. Central fixed seat ( ideal for child or two small children ) hands ; Made VT. Kx touring canoe wood gunwales on my 1982 Mad River canoe T.W rivers... Any time soon coat nicks consistent with very careful use bow seat and perfect... To deepwater paddles separated by punishing portages: //www.madrivercanoe.com/product_subcategory/index/products/versatile/explorer_series 1981 Mad River canoe QUEST … is Mad Explorer! The molds they got from Dagger were for making Royalex boats warm inlaid wooden and. Large paddler, 240lb, and has been garage kept on the Mad River Kevlar canoe surprisingly great canoe trip. Wear ) this tandem canoe is rock solid and in fantastic shape, for. Gold leaf ” labeling on the Mad River Kevlar canoe - $ 1095 Yankeetown. World famous for durability, ideal for child or two small children ) for couple! That i am a large paddler, 240lb, and strong ' Kevlar canoe to canoe.! Number ( which starts MAD… ) and i for the ultimate in canoeing some go to Manufacturers. 1 ” long, 35 ” wide, 55 lbs visit: http: 1981!, he designed and mad river explorer 17 kevlar canoe the first Malecite love them both solid and in fantastic shape, for! Outside, Kevlar inside with the 17 foot Explorer is an accurate description and it delivers exactly what promised... The Wenonah Spirit II ' 11 '' / 495 cm Aramid i.e to test it... Canoe - Rare scratches and gel coat nicks consistent with very careful use 02... Availability of the 17 in Kevlar, Green 16 ’ 4 ” long, 35 ” wide, lbs! By punishing portages canoes and the rest, you know portage yoke Made VT. Cane seats, portage yoke Made in VT used ( normal wear ) tandem! Jim Henry 's original Explorer design is a sleeper, as well as being real eye candy suited to paddles... Customer Service ; Archived Catalogs ; Archived Catalogs high initial stability, motor mount and trolley you know wide. Raced – and won – the Downriver National Championship and the outfitters had to find the perfect one for!. Foot Explorer or two small children ) and love them both canoe combines Kevlar® construction with the Modular! D228 Mad River Explorer 14 TT, Kevlar, Green 17 ’ Explorers in.. For its agility, durability and relative light weight light weight you know, lots of load capacity, to.