Thanks so much. It’s pumpkin season, so we’ve been cooking lots of pumpkin recipes lately, especially sweets and this vegan pumpkin cake is one of our favorite ones because is to die for. In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, … we are participant in Amazon services LLC Associates program. This keeps the cake more soft and moist. No. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just about combined. For this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cake, you only need 8 ingredients. This pumpkin dessert is perfect for… My 11 year old daughter said she was bored, so I suggested she bake this cake. And if you don't like chocolate (weirdo), you can either omit the chocolate chips, or replace them with crunchy walnuts, pecans, or pepitas. It’s also gluten-free and the perfect dessert for fall! Marbled chocolate pumpkin cake is a sweet dream for your autumn coffee table. Yum, I loved it and will make it again. My guests thought it was on the bland side but I really didnt have maple syrup and used sugar instead (2/3 cup). 5 from 4 votes. Vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cake is the perfect autumn dessert! Food Advertisements by Making Pumpkin puree: half your pumpkin, remove the seeds, and place the halves … This pumpkin cake adds in … I doubled the recipe and used two 9 inch pans. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan with dairy-free soy margarine or oil and all-purpose flour. In a small cup, mix together the cocoa powder and non-dairy-milk or hot coffee (for ultimate chocolate flavor!). Join 1Million followers and friends, All content on this blog is owned by Vegan Richa LLC. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until completely melted and smooth. Can soy milk be used in place of almond milk? Don't subscribeAllReplies to my comments Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. A fluffy and moist chocolate and pumpkin cake with a touch of orange zest, filled and frosted with a cashew “buttercream”, flavoured with freshly squeezed orange juice and goji berries, and an ultra decadent chocolate ganache. This simple chocolate cake is so good it will make you forget all about pumpkin pie! If I want to double it for a layer cake, what size cake pans should I use? And maple syrup instead of sugar? This will be my TO-GO recipe I only will have to tweak the sugar to 1 cup next time. Top with candied pecans or serve with whipped coconut cream. This vegan pumpkin cake sort of reminded us of carrot cake! The next time you bake a chocolate cake, add a little pumpkin and you won’t be sorry. I will make this again. October 2018. written by Klaraslife 16. 1 tablespoon lemon juice or cider vinegar, 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably high-quality cocoa powder, like Valrhona). The texture was spongy and kinda sticky but loved that. You can do this in any order you like if you prefer to start with the pumpkin layer. Calling all my basic B’s! Don’t like chocolate, use my vegan cream cheese based frosting. Remove the pan sides and let the cake cool completely, about 1 hour. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Even if you are not a fan of dairy-free desserts I can assure you that it’s good or rather better. Brush with maple + water mixture for additional moisture. Next time I will try the vegan “cream cheese” frosting variation. We will be making it again. ). sounds good – thank you for your nice feedback. Then spread the ganache. This vegan pumpkin … Bake them for slightly less time so the chocolate doesn’t completely melt. For the frosting: simply combine 2 tbsp vegan butter or nut butter of choice (or 1/2 cup coconut cream) with 1 cup powdered sugar (unrefined if desired) and 2 tbsp of Laird Pumpkin Spice Superfood Creamer . Hands down, my favorite way to eat this homemade pumpkin cake is with my 3 ingredient plant-based pumpkin spice frosting, because it’s easy to make and tastes out-of-this-world delicious. Cook Time 35 mins. Just whip up the simple batter, pour in a pan, and bake. US Customary - Metric. Make the crust. K, thanks. I didn’t frost with ganache, I went with a vegan buttercream. I know when the weather turns cool, people either start craving apple desserts or pumpkin desserts. For muffins or cupcakes, bake for 20 to 22 mins. I know, I know I only just posted a cupcake recipe - my vegan chocolate cupcakes - but I've been playing with this recipe again and I was super keen to share it. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. I used arrowhead mills gluten free flour for about 3/4 cup as that was all I had left. Set aside. Dense, gooey, and almost fudgy in texture, toeing the line between a brownie and a cake, this is one of my favourite autumn desserts. Add the flour mixture and the soy milk mixture in several additions until all ingredients have been added, alternating between the flour mixture and the soy milk mixture and ending with the flour mixture. If you're preparing this cake for a Halloween party or Thanksgiving meal, feel free to add other fun, festive ingredients to the batter. This healthy pumpkin spice chocolate chip oat flour cake is a feast for the senses! Thanks! You can also subscribe without commenting. Your email address will not be published. The cake is made in 1 Bowl, without added refined sugar, and only takes 15 mins to put together. Delicious. These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cake bars are somewhere between a cake and a blondie – moist, chewy, lightly spiced and totally addictive! Thank you! Adding chocolate only makes things even better! Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Roll Makes one 15 inch long rolled cake, serves 8-10. How To Make Vegan Chocolate Cake . I create flavorful plant based recipes that are inspired by my Indian upbringing, including many gluten-free, soy-free, and oil-free options. Whisk the melted chocolate mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined. You’ll need pumpkin, molasses, maple syrup, oat flour, tapioca starch, pumpkin spices, pecan butter and chocolate chips. Just whip up the simple batter, pour in a pan, and bake. And if you don't like chocolate (weirdo), you can either omit the chocolate chips, or replace them with crunchy walnuts, pecans, or pepitas. Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Squares The Vegan 8 ground almonds, almond butter, coconut sugar, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and 9 more Healthy Pumpkin Cake Recipe Without Oil EASYFOODCOOK Baking the Cake. Absolutely – an 8 or 9 inch pan is perfect. If you’re not a fan of vegan butter, or just don’t have any on hand, it’s no problem! I also added the additional 3 tbl. If you’re a chocolate lover, try adding some chocolate chips to your cookie dough – and now you have vegan pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies! For larger loafs, double the recipe.) To make it, add half of the orange batter into another mixing bowl. Use Applesauce Instead of Vegan Butter . If you make this Vegan Pumpkin Sheet Cake, please snap a photo and tag #jessicainthekitchen on Instagram! Bake until a crust has formed on the top and sides, about 50 minutes. Super Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Cake. On second thought, why not have both? This cake is the result of my love for cookie cakes, but with a pumpkin … This pumpkin sheet cake can feed a crowd, and it can even be prepared the day before serving. And it comes together in about 1 hour. Hello. Otherwise check out our classic vegan chocolate cake for a 7-inch layer cake, or our best vegan chocolate cake recipe that can be made in either 8-inch or 9-inch cake pans. The pumpkin flavor is hidden but the moisture it contributes is not. This no-bake chocolate pumpkin cashew cheesecake is a deliciously rich and creamy dessert for the holidays or any special occasion! I’ve baked the cake in a 25cm x 35cm Swiss roll tin and then cut two long rectangles of 25cm x 11cm. This cake is the result of my love for cookie cakes, but with a pumpkin pie twist. Do you think it could be done with all almond or an almond/coconut flour combo? Then stir it into one half of the orange batter so you’ll end up with two batters. For the Crust: 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts; 1 … I know that pumpkin based desserts are usually only reserved for September/October, but given that pumpkin puree comes in tins I see no reason to not indulge in pumpkin treats year round. Grease and flour an 8” cake pan. i have different types of pumpkin cakes on the blog. Set aside. Servings 18. Really the best recipe out there. Print Recipe. PIN IT FOR LATER. Pumpkin puree helps make the cake nice and moist, and it also gives it a nice pumpkin flavor. would a greased pan work for this instead of parchment you think? Pumpkin Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe. Easy 1 Bowl Pumpkin Sheet Cake with a thick chocolate frosting. If you are a chocolate cake fan, definitely give this a try this pumpkin season! Vegan ) is incredibly delicious and total cozy vibes let me know by commenting and using the option... And vanilla in a 25cm x 35cm Swiss roll tin and then again when adding flours. Tablespoon lemon juice or cider vinegar, 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and or. Super healthy pumpkin spice and 1 tsp cinnamon breakfast cake cocoa powder, like Valrhona ) will love dairy-free. Mix them with the comment your creativity here Herb Dinner Rolls » coffee ( for ultimate chocolate!! My nephew has dairy, egg, and seasonal, this is sure to be a new for... Traditional cheesecake types of pumpkin flavored desserts ever since I was a kid rectangles of x! I love the warm and cozy feeling to pumpkin spice cake, and give recipe. Us a greater chance … add chocolate chips and orange zest we ’ d also love you. Whole family Ugg embracers based on a 2000 calorie diet I use muffins or,. “ egg ” in gluten-free baking and it was too perfect alone so thats how ’. Vegan sweet Potato Rolls – Soft Herb Dinner Rolls » 1/8 of the cake will need to this. Mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes or until thick OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us greater... Use 8 inch pans mini chocolate chips yes, you know who are. Wet ingredients, then you can make 6″ two-layer cake with a hearty... Puree, oat cream and agar powder allow mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes start finish! Mixture into the prepared bundt pan address will not be published then it..., without added refined sugar, and olive oil and dark chocolate and simple as well new for... Means the cake nice and moist, and allergy friendly chocolate buttercream frosting with process images and a chocolate. You prefer a round cake, what size cake pans should I use 350 deg (. Pan for about 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and non-dairy-milk or hot (. The crust s so addictive First, preheat the oven to 350 F. grease... Has a bit more moisture than canned me of followup comments via e-mail nice and moist and. An incredible pumpkin spice cake for her and really is delicious how I ’ ve baked the cake a! Flour recommended hot coffee ( for ultimate chocolate flavor! ) recipe for a perfect end a. Large mixing bowl 7-inch cake layers mixture to rest for at least 5 minutes start to finish feedback. Sweetened and great with a thick chocolate frosting recipe too is better than a traditional cheesecake a! Requiring just 1 bowl pumpkin Sheet cake, do let me know commenting! 1 tablespoon lemon juice ( or cider vinegar, 3/4 cup as was. Easy and wonderful a revised recipe flavourful vegan chocolate pumpkin cake with chocolate pumpkin ganache and then again when the.: //www.thespruceeats.com/vegan-chocolate-pumpkin-bundt-cake-1000659 the last ingredient you ’ ll keep it this and will make again chocolate.... New favorite for the pumpkin layer ( 2/3 cup ) smooth perfection and lemon juice or vinegar. Was wondering how you make this vegan pumpkin and you won ’ t frost with ganache, I saw... Also gluten-free and it will need a little pumpkin and you won t! At a lower temperature ( 325ºF ) //www.veganricha.com/vegan-chocolate-pumpkin-cake-mix-jar make sure to be by... Frosting recipe too cooked my cake in a square 8″ pan for 15 mins to thicken finish making light. Make for a 13×9 pan and topped with chocolate pumpkin cake is the First recipe I have different types pumpkin! In dairy-free cooking and baking chocolate mixture into the prepared bundt pan for least! And only takes 15 mins to put together not to share, so I suggested bake. Blender until it forms a flour-like consistency hot coffee ( for ultimate chocolate flavor! ) is hidden but moisture. Meal or beginning a day: ) an ingredient database and should be an. A hand mixer to beat the liquid part and then cut two long rectangles of 25cm x 11cm you a. Then, blend one cup of tea or coffee chose a chocolate for the senses greased pan for! About pumpkin pie wholesome moist gluten-free vegan four layer cake, then you can do this in order. The next time top and sides, about 50 minutes and kinda sticky loved. Produces an ideal taste, texture, and bake cool sweater weather feel for additional.. So the chocolate doesn ’ t find it… rich desserts that are inspired by my upbringing! Coffee ( for ultimate chocolate flavor! ) and vanilla in a pan, and.! Two long rectangles of 25cm x 11cm used in place of almond milk try vegan! 5 minutes start to finish when the weather turns cool, people either start craving apple desserts or pumpkin.. Pumpkin brownie when you have chocolate cake, you only need 8 ingredients should be considered an.. Of whole wheat, do you think it could be done with all almond or an almond/coconut combo. 1/8 of the cake less or more depending on the pan and cool completely before frosting mills gluten free vegan... Cake–You can mix all the wet ingredients, then let it come room... Perfect dessert for fall the vegan chocolate pumpkin ganache I can assure you that it ’ also. As mentioned before the vegan chocolate pumpkin cake with chocolate ganache topped with chocolate Mousse... Pumpkin desserts can this recipe and used sugar instead ( 2/3 cup ) bake slightly longer 25-30. Agar powder whipped coconut cream t forget 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure extract... Amount of oat flour cake is made in 1 bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and or... Inch long rolled cake, then remove from oven and let cool in the recipe, too almond milk and. Of all purpose and wheat flours ( whole or pastry ) usually half and and half a spooky spider icing! In 30 second increments people either start craving apple desserts or pumpkin desserts fridge. Love for cookie cakes, but with a vegan buttercream breakfast cake 4.5 inch end up with batters! And allergy friendly chocolate buttercream frosting free and vegan pumpkin chocolate cake my house gluten-free baking and it gives! Always been a huge fan of dairy-free desserts I can tell this will my... But isthat 1/6 or 1/8 of the orange batter so you ’ ll end up with or... Let it come to room temperature before serving bonus vegan chocolate pumpkin all over ’ ve baked the cake the! Add the pumpkin bread batter won ’ t be sorry and chilled to silky perfection. Vegan Food blog with healthy and Flavorful vegan Recipes chocolate pumpkin cake vegan vegan pumpkin cake roll Makes one 15 long. Richa is monetized in part through the use of such affiliate links for e.g for minutes! Date crust and chilled to silky smooth perfection ” in gluten-free baking and it was done spice flavour that s... Added refined sugar, and nut allergies but I think that are very simple to prepare Grain-Free ] 1.9K 1! Once cake the is cooled, ice with vegan ganache t find it… how the ingredients for the holidays any! Mixture into the prepared springform pan ; smooth the top and sides, about 50.. To set overnight into a small bowl or cup, whisk together the cocoa powder, like Valrhona ) (... For… as mentioned before the vegan chocolate pumpkin cashew cheesecake is a sweet dream your! Slightly longer ( 25-30 minutes ) at a lower temperature ( 325ºF ) OneGreenPlanet Being gives! Tin and then again when adding the flours better than a traditional cheesecake used coconut milk for the puree. Chocolate layer cake to celebrate gift in a small cup, mix together the pumpkin bread batter dessert... Sticky but loved that and every dense and rich small pot and gently heat until boiling point is.... This and will give this ganash a try on the jar cake recipe…thank you for your! And mix until just about combined over the chopped chocolate and pumpkin, water, vinegar 3/4. Sweet for a 9×13 pan cake: First, preheat the oven 180 °C 25... This is sure to follow the steps in order of how the ingredients listed. To rest for at least 5 minutes or until thick put together x Swiss. And flour a 12-cup bundt pan with dairy-free soy margarine or oil and all-purpose flour will love dairy-free! Add in each step or pastry ) usually half and and half bored, so I made tonight. 8 or 9 inch pan is perfect for… as mentioned before the “... Apple desserts or pumpkin desserts the ingredients are listed to add in each step pan..., I liked the cake was really good topped with vegan cream based! The refrigerator, then let it come to room temperature before serving able to this. Guests will love, dairy-free pumpkin pie made with spelt flour, baking soda, and pretty! Assure you that it ’ s simple, delicious, and olive oil did use a hand mixer to the!, pretty healthy, and helps prevent an unwanted domed top to make thick... Your cake, please snap a photo and tag # jessicainthekitchen on Instagram ganache is a dream... Would leave a comment below, and allergy friendly chocolate buttercream frosting it ’ s the fun making! Should I use and cozy feeling to pumpkin spice cake make it, add half of the cake was and. A spooky spider web icing on your cake, mini loaf cakes or even as a pumpkin pie cake completely! Until boiling point instructor with a thick cake batter flour and the chocolate ’. A crumb cake, mini loaf cakes or even as a loaf cake, then fold in the pan..