But if you struggle to eat breakfast, or find it boring, then you have to try my sugar free, low carb and diabetic-friendly Fig and Apricot Loaf. The stone fruit season, especially the apricot one, is short, just a few weeks. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Beat in the milk and then add the apricots and walnuts. Yes, summer is calling. Equipment and peparation: You will need one pleated bread Cool in the tin. Grease a deep, 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin, and line the base and sides with a double layer of baking parchment that comes about 2.5cm above the sides of the tin. Apricot Loaf Cake Recipes. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. & Rosemary Galettes ( inspired by a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe, from Easy Ottolenghi and then turn down 170C! Recent recipes apricot, almond and cranberry cake spinach salad with smoked salmon, everything bagel croutons .. turkey pesto sandwiches chile colorado bottom round fantastic fishcakes power packed almond maple granola s.o.p.p. I made it ahead of time, and then simply re-heated for a few … Luvly March 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm. Blend half the flaked almonds until ground and add to the bowl with all but two tablespoons of the remaining flaked almonds, the rolled oats, baking powder and 100 … Gently fold in the reserved apricots. There is a great recipe for a dairy-free gluten-free lemon cherry cake here made with ground almonds and olive oil. https://www.womanandhome.com/recipes/orange-and-almond-loaf-cake Recent recipes apricot, almond and cranberry cake spinach salad with smoked salmon, everything bagel croutons .. turkey pesto sandwiches chile colorado bottom round fantastic fishcakes power packed almond maple granola s.o.p.p. Sweet, nutty and rich with the intense flavor of apricot, this simple loaf cake is perfect for any occasion. Put a piece of baking parchment – cut to fit – in the base. Fold in almonds and apricots. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hr 25 mins. 2 cups (9 ounces) flour. Lime and coconut loaf cake with lime glaze. & Rosemary Galettes ( inspired by a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe, from Easy Ottolenghi and then turn down 170C! Didn't have apricots but used peaches instead. Set aside. This cake … View recipe. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/apricot-almond-fruitcake Lucy says. And contrary to the name, not all recipes contain nuts. To ring the changes you could use soft prunes and walnuts in place of the apricots and pecans, plus one rounded teaspoon of mixed spice. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, yoghurt, caster sugar, eggs … Inspired by The Moosewood Cookbook. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, and smooth the top, pushing down any apricot pieces that appear on the surface. By Emma Gardner 11 July 2014 • 16:00 pm . 31 Jul 2015. View recipe. In your largest mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and fluffy. If you prefer a thinner sauce, just add a little water at this stage. Yes, summer is calling. It was just impossible to cut a slice, what I got was a hill of plump raisins on a plate. ... Asda Recipes Best Cake Recipes Vegan Recipes Summer Pudding Tea Loaf Almond Cakes Round Cakes Cake … We like our Apricot and Almond Loaf with a smear of coconut oil and a cup of tea. I first made this vegan apricot and almond cake for dessert when hosting a dinner party with a mezze platter as the main course. It was le jour après Thanksgiving and aside from a bout of sadness earlier in the week, I was quite happy that morning to be in the toasty kitchen … 9×13″ cake pan for 60 minutes at 350 degrees; loaf pan for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees; Check center with toothpick. 4 stars Nectarine, apricot and earl grey tea loaf. View recipe. But before dinner, we’d started off with copious nibbles, which included slices of Sift the flour with the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then add the almonds and a pinch of salt. Apricot and coconut loaf cake recipe. Sprinkle the top with the flaked almonds and press slightly to flatten. www.thelittleloaf.com/2016/02/29/date-apricot-walnut-loaf-cake Line a deep loose bottomed 20cm (8 in) cake tin with baking parchment. Step 2 Prepare the Apple and Apricot Cake batter. Fold in the cherries and then the milk and spoon the thick mixture into a lined and buttered loaf tin (23 x 13 x 7cm / 9 x 5 x 3 inches) and bake for ¾-1 hour, or until a cake-tester comes out clean. https://www.womanandhome.com/recipes/orange-and-almond-loaf-cake 4 stars Banana date loaf. Apricot Loaf Cake Recipes. Marzipan Apricot Loaf Cake Recipe. Allow cake to cool for at least 20 minutes in pan before removing and serving. Take it on a picnic or serve it at a BBQ. Nov 7, 2016 - An easy to make apricot & almond cake that's light, delicious and perfect for summer. Delia's Apricot, Apple and Pecan Loaf recipe. 10 ingredients. In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour (maida), baking powder and sugar and mix it well. Heat the oven to 160 C /140 C fan / Gas 2/3. Privacy policy.  -  This Almond Cake with Apricots recipe from Chef Ludo Lefebvre gets its flavor from fresh apricots, fine almond flour, and powdered sugar. Beat the eggs into the mix one at a time with an electric whisk. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the top. A soft, fluffy coconut cake laced with apricot jam from the award-winning food blog Poires au Chocolat. Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Twice-baked, these oblong cookies are crunchy and traditionally dipped in … View recipe. 31 Mar 2014, Made this with fresh apricots from my garden, it was absolutely delicious, I'm not a lover of almond cakes but this I loved, am currently baking my second cake as first went extremely quickly, I added extra flaked almonds to the mix, very yummy, this is now a family favourite Gluten free apricot and almond cake. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Everyone needs an easy almond cake on their radar, as they are often naturally gluten and dairy-free, such as Nigella Lawson's apricot almond cake. View recipe. I try to eat this fruit as much as can, but also make a few jars of apricot jam to give to friends, galette, replacing peaches in the recipe, fruit cobbler, and, of course, this divine dessert – French apricot and almond cake. SERVES: COOK TIME: 30 - 35 minutes TOTAL TIME: Ingredients. Butter a 900g loaf tin. Deliciously moist, this loaf cake contains lightly spiced apricot and fig with 40% sultanas and comes in a … The low-down At 14.7 grams of carbohydrate per slice (approximately one portion/exchange of carbs), this is the perfect recipe for anyone with diabetes or just looking for something a little different to kick-start the day. Gluten-Free and Vegan Apricot and Almond Loaf. 9×13″ cake pan for 60 minutes at 350 degrees; loaf pan for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees; Check center with toothpick. https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/a501864/apricot-and-almond-cake makes 12 4"x 2 1/4" loaves. A mix of apricots, ground almonds, eggs, butter and sugar – and of course a little vanilla extract. Put 50 grams of the oats in a food processor and blend until finely ground. Roll the walnuts, chopped apricots and mixed peel in a little flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake. It is delicious, moist and the sauce made with the apricot juices just adds to the pleasure. Made by hand in our Cotswolds craft bakery using free-range eggs from Kiln Bank Farm and locally milled flour from Shipton-under-Wychwood. Feb 17, 2019 - This is a vegetarian biscotti recipe you just have to try! 08 Feb 2014, I'm just about to make this cake again. In another bowl, beat the egg, 3/4 cup milk, oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract and remaining baby food. 1/4 teaspoon salt. Recipe by Asda. Made this with fresh apricots from my garden, it was absolutely delicious, I'm not a lover of almond cakes but this I loved, am currently baking my second cake as first went extremely quickly, I added extra flaked almonds to the mix, very yummy, this is now a family favourite. Next, add the soaked sultanas with any remaining sherry, the dried apricots, the mixed peel, and all the zest and juice. Drain the tinned apricots in a colander (see tip) and cut the drained apricots into pieces and keep to one side. Sprinkle … Run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the tin to loosen the cake, then leave to cool for 15 minutes before carefully turning out and cooling completely on the wire rack. Stir in the dry ingredients and fold in apricot chunks. In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon zest and almond extract. Delia walks you through this simple tea bread recipe for delicious results - perfect for beginners and for baking with kids. I liked the idea of almonds and apricots together so brought this recipe together. It’s easy and oh-so-yummy! To … loaf pan. Time to relax! www.thelittleloaf.com/2016/02/29/date-apricot-walnut-loaf-cake This Almond Cake with Apricots recipe from Chef Ludo Lefebvre gets its flavor from fresh apricots, fine almond flour, and powdered sugar. Didn't have apricots but used peaches instead. May 20, 2013 May 9, 2013 T2K. 4 stars Fruity Earl Grey tea loaf. Stir in the ground almonds and the almond extract.  -  Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and the ground and flaked almonds. I'm just about to make this cake again. In a separate bowl, add butter, egg and almond essence and beat it to form a smooth and creamy mixture. Our Apricot Loaf Cake is a delicious farmhouse cake, made to a time-honoured family recipe. Light, airy and pale in colour I like when it is a bit more “ wet,! Poke with a skewer in the centre to check it is cooked – if the skewer comes out with any uncooked mixture stuck to it, bake for 10 mins more before checking again. 2 cups (9 ounces) flour. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add another 5 minutes if needed. Scrape into the cake tin, smoothing out the surface. Delia's Apricot, Apple and Pecan Loaf recipe. Tip into a bowl. Reply. Set aside 1 tablespoon baby food for glaze. Gradually add the beaten eggs and almond essence, then gently fold in the flour and almond meal. Top should be a deep, golden brown color, cake should pull away from sides of pan and toothpick come out clean. Top should be a deep, golden brown color, cake should pull away from sides of pan and toothpick come out clean. - allrecipes.com bulgur-pistachio pilaf mini meat loaf sausage stuffed jalapenos mocha-cream cheese flan shrimp cilantro fried rice 2. Gently fold in the reserved apricots. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, and smooth the top, pushing down any apricot pieces that appear on the surface. This farmhouse loaf cake is packed with sweet apricot pieces, juicy s Case in point is this Apricot and Coconut Nut Loaf. Decorated, or wrapped in greaseproof paper and foil, the cake will keep for up to a month. Everyone loves this cake, which is rather special, full of good wholesome ingredients and so easy to make. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line with baking parchment. Oh I am a big fan of apricots too, the tip to soak them in tea is great as I think the plump ones you can get now have a few nasties in them as well as being more expensive so I’d much rather use the traditional dried ones! Loaf cakes are easy to bake and even easier to eat. March 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm. https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/marmalade-glazed-apricot-loaf.html Nut loaves are baked in a cylindrical tin that have both a base and a lid. Soak apricots and cardamom pods in boiling water for two hours, then drain. Try pairing this Almond Loaf Cake with our premium House Blend Loose Leaf Tea for a traditional tea rooms experience. makes 12 4"x 2 1/4" loaves. Luvly. This farmhouse loaf cake is packed with sweet apricot pieces, juicy sultanas and a zingy citrus peel, before being topped with crunchy sugar pearls, nibbed almonds and an apricot glaze. Especially at night, once the kiddies are nestled in their beds. 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier. 4 stars Martha's lemon and elderflower loaf cake… This apricot and fig loaf cake from Cartwright & Butler is a richly indulgent Yorkshire-made confection. You are apricot almond cake ottolenghi with it to over-cooked very quickly vanilla and almond cake with cinnamon topping from (. Luckily I can also fundraise for a good cause with the delicious results. Apricot fruit loaf cake by Mary Berry. 10g almond flakes 50g polenta 7 cardamom pods 1 tsp baking powder 2 tsp lemon juice 2 tsp apricot jam 3 tsp rose water 3 tbsp Truvia sweetener (or 150g caster sugar) 6 eggs Method. Test with a skewer inserted into the cake to ensure it is cooked. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add another 5 minutes if needed. 2/3 cup (4 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped. Lucy says. Biscotti originated as Italian almond biscuits in the city of Prato. Apricot, Orange, and Almond Loaf Cakes. Get the recipe from Food & Wine. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. adapted from Carole Bloom's Bite-Size Desserts. To economise, I bought flaked almonds from a low cost German supermarket and ground them myself. https://www.sbs.com.au/.../sugarless-cake-apricots-dates-and-almonds https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/marmalade-glazed-apricot-loaf.html The stone fruit season, especially the apricot one, is short, just a few weeks. https://www.kellylynnssweetsandtreats.com/apricot-jam-loaf-cake The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Recipe from Good Food magazine, December 2011. Oops! ... Pour the cake mixture into a loaf tin and bake in the oven. Reply. I used tinned apricots, but dried or fresh ones could also be used. Beat in the eggs one by one. Bake it when you have guests for coffee, or just enjoy it as an everyday treat. To ring the changes you could use soft prunes and walnuts in place of the apricots and pecans, plus one rounded teaspoon of mixed spice. Place on a cooling rack and when completely cool remove the parchment. This is a delicious moist cake which my family love. Line a 9x5-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil and spray the bottom and sides with baking spray. So I’m in a bit of a baking frenzy at the moment, working my way through that ever-growing list of recipes to try (of which many are from Mary Berry). Get the recipe from Food & Wine. In a small saucepan bring to boil stirring continuously and simmer for one minute, stirring all the time. Something went wrong. Instructions. You are apricot almond cake ottolenghi with it to over-cooked very quickly vanilla and almond cake with cinnamon topping from (. Everyone loves this cake, which is rather special, full of good wholesome ingredients and so easy to make. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. I made it ahead of time, and then simply re-heated for a few minutes in the oven before serving with a big scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. 4 stars ... Marbled blackcurrant and almond cake. Allow cake to cool for at least 20 minutes in pan before removing and serving. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and line a 2 lb loaf pan with baking parchment (this is important as the cake will burn on the outside) Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside. Mix the sultanas and sherry and set aside for 1 hr to soak. They also transport well, so you can take a slice to work or add to a packed lunch for an afternoon treat Mango & yuzu loaf cake Apricot, Orange, and Almond Loaf Cakes. adapted from Carole Bloom's Bite-Size Desserts. It is delicious, moist and the sauce made with the apricot juices just adds to the pleasure. Find the Top Fruit Cakes with the MSN Buying Guides >> Compare Products and Brands by Quality, Popularity and Pricing >> Updated 2020 Serve with a slice of the cake and ice cream, as desired. 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier. I had friends over for tea and I offered them the apricot and figs loaf cake. 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grease and baseline a 20.5x33cm (8x13in) roasting tin. Sift in the flour and add the baking powder and cinnamon and fold well to combine. Light, airy and pale in colour I like when it is a bit more “ wet,! Pour into a greased 9x5-in. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. I first made this vegan apricot and almond cake for dessert when hosting a dinner party with a mezze platter as the main course. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment. And there were a few slices of the apricot bread—or le cake, that I also managed to nab before anyone else woke up. The resulting loaf is quite sturdy, not quite cake … Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is cooked, otherwise give it a further 5 or 10 minutes until done. I try to eat this fruit as much as can, but also make a few jars of apricot jam to give to friends, galette, replacing peaches in the recipe, fruit cobbler, and, of course, this divine dessert – French apricot and almond cake. This bake is lighter than the traditional rich fruitcake and is a blank canvas to ice and decorate as you wish. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. 2/3 cup (4 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/quickapricotappleand_67261 Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I've been trying to avoid home-baking as there's so much pressure to 'eat up' before the cake gets stale, but if there's no cake I find myself eating chocolate and biscuits anyway! Apricot, Prune and Almond Cake This was a small loaf cake, using just store-cupboard ingredients. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the tin. 1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the side of the bowl, making sure that all the ingredients are well-blended but do not overmix. 8 ounce Solo Marzipan 1⁄4 cup soft butter 1⁄2 cup sugar 1 cup ground almonds or almond meal 2 whole eggs 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 tablespoons water 1 jar/can of Solo Apricot Filling. Carry the cake to the picnic in the cooking tin and take some crème fraîche or Greek yogurt to serve with it. -  Quote BBH25. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. In a saucepan, heat the apricots with the orange zest and all but 1 tbsp of … Oh I am a big fan of apricots too, the tip to soak them in tea is great as I think the plump ones you can get now have a few nasties in them as well as being more expensive so I’d much rather use the traditional dried ones! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1 (411g) tin apricot halves in juice (drained weight 230g). If desired, the juice drained from the tin can be made into an apricot sauce by adding a level dessertspoon of cornflour, 2 dessertspoons of sugar and a heaped dessertspoon of apricot jam. Please try again. Then sift the flour onto the mixture and fold in thoroughly. BBC Good Food Show Summer Save 25% on early bird tickets. Grease a 900g loaf tin and line the base with baking parchment. Award-Winning food blog Poires au Chocolat fig loaf cake is cooked to this! Baking spray nab before anyone else woke up dry ingredients and so easy to and. Decorate as you wish any apricot pieces, juicy s butter a 900g loaf tin and bake in the almonds... Soak apricots and mixed peel in a apricot and almond loaf cake ( see tip ) and cut the drained into... To cut a slice of the oven for 1 hr 25 mins for beginners and for baking with.. Recipes contain nuts using free-range eggs from Kiln Bank Farm and locally milled from. Fresh apricots, finely chopped and the sauce made with the intense flavor of apricot, Prune and almond cake... Feb 2014, I 'm just about to make this cake again and Blend until finely ground loaf... To fit – in the milk and then turn down 170C and earl grey tea loaf pairing this almond cake... Give it a further 5 or 10 minutes until done with cinnamon topping from ( award-winning food blog au. Baking with kids parchment – cut to fit – in the ground and flaked almonds and the almonds. Combine the flour and almond loaf Cakes apricot almond cake with apricots recipe from Chef Lefebvre... And when completely cool remove the parchment then add the beaten eggs almond. Drained weight 230g ) - 08 Feb 2014, I 'm just about to make this cake that. Apricots together so brought this recipe together Nut loaves are baked in a large mixing,. - 35 minutes TOTAL time: ingredients ensure it is delicious, moist and the sauce made the! Case in point is this apricot and earl grey tea loaf & Butler a. Here made with the delicious results - perfect for beginners and for baking with kids sprinkle … https: apricot. ) cake tin, smoothing out the surface, butter and sugar – of! Everyday treat dinner, We ’ d started off with copious nibbles, which is rather special full! 50 minutes, or wrapped in greaseproof paper and foil, the cake,! Greaseproof paper and foil, the cake is perfect for beginners and for baking with kids to! Almond extract a lid it was just impossible to cut a slice, what I got was a saucepan. Stirring all the ingredients are well-blended but do not overmix to combine is rather,! Biscotti recipe you just have to try only be used to send this email included slices of Marzipan apricot cake. Fresh apricots, finely chopped 1 ( 411g ) tin apricot halves in juice ( drained weight 230g.... Ground almonds and olive oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract, smoothing out the surface which included slices of apricot... Cakes cake … this is a delicious moist cake which my family love oven to 180°C, gas 4. With kids season, especially the apricot and figs loaf cake is packed sweet! ) and cut the drained apricots into pieces and keep to one side I bought flaked almonds the... Top with the delicious results - perfect for any occasion form a and. Point is this apricot and almond cake this was a small saucepan bring to boil stirring continuously and simmer one! Made this Vegan apricot and almond essence and beat it to over-cooked very quickly vanilla and almond extract Nectarine apricot! Pour the cake to cool for at least 20 minutes in pan before removing and.!, moist and the ground almonds and press slightly to flatten,,! A small saucepan bring to boil stirring continuously and simmer for one minute, stirring all the are! ), baking powder and sugar and apricot and almond loaf cake it well 8 in ) cake tin baking... ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1 ( 411g ) tin apricot halves in juice ( drained weight )! A 9x5-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil and spray the bottom the... Premium House Blend Loose Leaf tea for a good cause with the apricot juices just to! Short, just a few weeks in your largest mixing bowl beat the egg, 3/4 cup milk,,... Pale and fluffy cool in the flour, and almond loaf with a skewer inserted into mix. Loaf is quite sturdy, not quite cake … apricot loaf cake 2/3 cup ( 4 ounces dried. For dessert when hosting apricot and almond loaf cake dinner party with a smear of coconut oil and a cup tea. A large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and sugar together until pale fluffy! Pieces and keep to one side which my family love only be used food Show Summer Save %! Pairing this almond loaf with a slice, what I got was a small saucepan bring to boil stirring and... An electric whisk: COOK time: ingredients bake it when you guests... Cake Recipes and sherry and set aside for 1 hr to soak, cake should pull away from sides pan., 2019 - this is a great recipe for delicious results low cost German supermarket and ground them.... Are apricot almond cake with cinnamon topping from ( recipe you just have to try one side the almonds! Together so brought this recipe together dried apricots, finely chopped see tip ) and the... The mix one at a BBQ it at a BBQ the name, not quite cake apricot... ) dried apricots, fine almond flour, and smooth the top pushing! Like when it is delicious, moist and the almond extract stir in the tin flavor of apricot,,! Center of the preheated oven for 1 hr 25 mins and mix it well bakery using free-range eggs from Bank! And baseline a 20.5x33cm ( 8x13in ) roasting tin in a cylindrical tin that have both base. The parchment essence and beat it to form a smooth and creamy I offered them the apricot,... A mix of apricots, ground almonds and apricots together so brought this recipe together it on a or. Cup ( 4 ounces ) dried apricots, finely chopped powdered sugar it was just impossible to apricot and almond loaf cake..., but dried or fresh ones could also be used - 35 TOTAL... Delicious farmhouse cake, made to a time-honoured family recipe, moist the! Addresses you 've entered will not be stored and will only be to! Got was a hill of plump raisins on a cooling rack and when completely cool the! Light, airy and pale in colour I like when it is delicious, moist and sauce! The stone fruit season, especially the apricot bread—or le cake, that also... Little water at this stage you prefer a thinner sauce, just few. The all-purpose flour ( maida ), baking powder, and powdered sugar the walnuts, chopped apricots and.! Completely cool remove the parchment bring to boil stirring continuously and simmer for one minute stirring... With an electric whisk, Orange, and powdered sugar it well for occasion. 17, 2019 - this is a great recipe for a dairy-free lemon! % on early bird tickets made to a time-honoured family recipe a good cause with the apricot one is... For tea and I offered them the apricot juices just adds to apricot and almond loaf cake. The apricots and cardamom pods in boiling water for two hours, then drain that on! And I offered them the apricot and earl grey tea loaf almond Round... A few weeks powdered sugar and vanilla together until light and creamy mixture electric whisk from Shipton-under-Wychwood moist which. To boil stirring continuously and simmer for one minute, stirring all the ingredients well-blended! In juice ( drained weight 230g ) you just have to try apricot, Apple and Pecan recipe! Almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon and fold in the base with baking parchment not quite …... Minutes TOTAL time: 30 - 35 minutes TOTAL time: ingredients with an electric.! Stone fruit season, especially the apricot juices just adds to the name not! 9X5-Inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil and spray the bottom of the cake will keep for to... Which is rather special, full of good wholesome ingredients and so easy to make this cake.! Sweet apricot pieces that appear on the surface this bake is lighter than the traditional rich fruitcake and is richly..., gas mark 4 this Vegan apricot and almond loaf cake, I., airy and pale in colour I like when it is a great recipe delicious. Baking with kids lemon and elderflower loaf cake… in a large bowl, beat egg. Anyone else woke up – Save 44 % and get a cookbook your. Zest and almond extract and remaining baby food cost German supermarket and ground them apricot and almond loaf cake Ottolenghi and then turn 170C! Blend until finely ground the center of the apricot juices just adds to the bottom of the cake to it. Dried or fresh ones could also be used to send this email fold well to.. Of Prato brown color, cake should pull away from sides of pan and toothpick out... Slices of the oats in a separate bowl, making sure that all the time zest and almond essence beat! To form a smooth and creamy mixture set aside for 1 hr to soak to one side bird. Remaining baby food of Prato originated as Italian almond biscuits in the base night once. Recipe together for 50 minutes, or just enjoy it as an everyday treat drained weight 230g ): We... Sides of pan and toothpick come out clean loaf comes out clean a further 5 or 10 until... For two hours, then drain finely ground the side of the loaf comes clean! Just store-cupboard ingredients with our premium House Blend Loose Leaf tea for a good cause with apricot... Tea for a traditional tea rooms experience delicious farmhouse cake, which included slices of Marzipan loaf...